Hi and Welcome, come sign in (introductions)

I live in a small town on the way to Don't Sneeze or you'll miss it, CT near Buffy. I am more likely to see turkey, deer, and on occasion the local farmer's loose cow in my yard, than a person.

I laughed out loud when I read this. I headed out this morning and had to stop on the side street near my house. Not one, not two, but three horses had gotten loose. Two were grazing on this cute little development style home's lawn, and the other was still meandering down the street. This older man, just in jeans (just got up?), was standing there, scratching his head, looking at them. I have to assume that he was trying to figure out exactly how to get three horses home before the home owners woke up. I love small towns.

Hi! I'm Shawna. I'm a 32 year old 5th grade educator. I have a wonderful DH who will be 35 next weekend. We have two wonderful children DS, 7 and DD, who will be 4 next month. When I'm not working, I spend time doing things with the kids and my DH. I have been scrapbooking for 10 years, swapping for 2 years, hostessing for 1 year and going to retreats and crops for 2 years.
I have always be involved in some kind of craft project. I tend to do crafts wth the kids all the time.
We live in a town north of Atlanta. We can hear the cows and the chickens in the morning from our back porch.
Since I grew up in South Florida, Disney has always been a part of my life. I'm glad to be passing that on to my DH and kids. We are currently planning a two week trip for next summer. This kids are helping us.
I have been Dising for the last four years, but only on the swap/ scrap board for the last two in a half. I'm so glad that I have found this wonderful group of ladies.
S :)

Wow! This is a great thread!:goodvibes I go away for two weeks and it is nice knowing I never have to worry about you guys! As a moderator, I definitely have an easy job!:)

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Dyan and I am a Disney freak! I usually go to WDW about 5 times a year. I just returned from there, where I met 7 other families I have gotten to know on the community board. This place is a wonderful place to make lasting friendships!:goodvibes

I am 41 and the mom to DS12 (7th grade:eek: ) and DD10 (last year of elementary school:cool1: ), and three dogs Duke, Tinkerbell and Tigger! My DS is a tennis player and my DD is a Twirler. My DH works full time and allows me to stay home and take care of the family!:) I am a confirmed scrap shopper, but can't remember the last time I scapped!:blush: Oh, and I live in Sunny South Florida (y'all will hate me in a few months)!

I love Dirty Dancing, but my favorite movie is A&E's Pride and Prejudice.:love:
Oh, one more thing, I am obssessed with reality TV!

I love small towns.

I grew up on a farm near blink and miss it town and sometimes wonder how I ended up in NWI near Chicago lol. I envy you all that still live in those small towns!

Hi everybody!!

I'm so excited this thread came in to being. :) As I have read up and caught up with who's who, I'm finding so many similarities and such a wide variety of ages, careers, likes, dislikes and so on. What a fun community to have become a part of.

My name is Becca. I just turned 30 last month...:scared1: No kids here but JP and I will have been married for six years next month. We have a furbaby named Buster. He's a poundpuppy and we love him to death! I teach 6-8th grade French at a middle school and this year I'm picking up teaching 2 classes of Drama. Last spring our school's drama club did High School Musical (Many of you may have read this) and I played the part of Ms. Darbus. Because of that, my principal figured I'd be GREAT for the position. Little did she know, that was my acting debut. :D

I've really been scrapbooking since I was a kid, but in books since about 2000. I had a bulletin board on my wall in my room where I kept pictures, flowers from dances, and so on but I could never just pile them on top of each other. I would take it off the wall and spend HOURS re-arranging it how I wanted so that you could see every single little thing on it.

My other hobbies include sitting here like a bum and reading this and the Cricut message boards, chatting with my friends, reading, watching movies, and many many different crafty things. I too tend to find something I like or learn something new and follow that for awhile, then switch to another outlet. So far I've taken up: cross stitch, crochet, knitting, knitted felting, needle felting, sewing, quilting, cake decorating, web site design, photography, video editing...the list goes on and on and my basement supply drawers grow fuller and fuller. I'm lucky to have a husband who tolerates my insanities.

I play VMK (as you can tell my the tag fairy up there) and am better known around the boards as Shorts. Even my students who I tell about VMK (Hey, I'd rather them play that than Grand Theft Suto!) started calling me Shorts by the end of the school year. I haven't played much this summer. I'm too busy recuperating from last school year. :D

I'm talking a lot, I'm sorry. Oh, I'm lefthanded too, I should go "sign in" on that thread too.

Have a great day and thanks for sharing your stories and reading mine! popcorn::

Hi! I'm Shawna. I'm a 32 year old 5th grade educator. I have a wonderful DH who will be 35 next weekend. We have two wonderful children DS, 7 and DD, who will be 4 next month. When I'm not working, I spend time doing things with the kids and my DH. I have been scrapbooking for 10 years, swapping for 2 years, hostessing for 1 year and going to retreats and crops for 2 years.
I have always be involved in some kind of craft project. I tend to do crafts wth the kids all the time.
We live in a town north of Atlanta. We can hear the cows and the chickens in the morning from our back porch.
Since I grew up in South Florida, Disney has always been a part of my life. I'm glad to be passing that on to my DH and kids. We are currently planning a two week trip for next summer. This kids are helping us.
I have been Dising for the last four years, but only on the swap/ scrap board for the last two in a half. I'm so glad that I have found this wonderful group of ladies.

when is DH's b'day?? My DH's b'day is Sat!!!

I love Dirty Dancing, but my favorite movie is A&E's Pride and Prejudice.:love:
Oh, one more thing, I am obssessed with reality TV!

Cutting Edge- Toe pick!

I grew up on a farm near blink and miss it town and sometimes wonder how I ended up in NWI near Chicago lol. I envy you all that still live in those small towns!

near my blink and miss town or another one???

I'm Steph, 31, married to DH Chris for 10 years, and mommy to Trevor (6-1st grade starting Monday) and Isaac (4, preschool).

I'm addicted to all things Disney, love visiting WDW, and enjoy scrapbooking.

Ok, we must all be children of the 80's.... I like to watch Cutting Edge, Dirty Danceing buy my all time favorite movie is
Space Camp.....
Wipe Me, Beat ME, Take away my Charge Cards. NASA is Talking!

Hi Everyone.....I'm Karen. I've been DIS'ing since 1999, and swapping on the Scrap / Swap Board for about 2 years. I don't get time to scrap, so I spend my extra time swapping and collecting swaps. I keep saying it's gotta change!!

I'm mom to 2 corgi doggies, 12 1/2 years and almost 4 1/2 months old. The puppy's name is "Disney", as most people who've been around a couple of months know. By the way, Disney is doing well and is a little cutie, but he's a little twit right now and starting to try to exert his independence!

My other interests are singing, music, photography, anything nature involved, hiking, etc. .....mainly singing and music right now, though, because it takes so much time.

I live in a rain forest type climate here in northern Illinois, and am thinking I should be spending the weekend building an arc, rather than working on swaps. It just doesn't stop raining!!

I just noticed that I live about 20 minutes east of DisneyMommyMichelle!!

I work as a case manager and travel thoughout the Chicagoland area, but my office is in my home and I'm there (here) at least 50% of my working hours.

I've been to WDW 50+ times. I have family and friends living in central and south Florida so I stop by when I'm visiting them as well as making trips just to WDW. I'll never get tired of it.

I'm going back down, unless something interferes, on September 29 for a week......just planned it a week ago and am in the process of confirming it. I love anything historical about Walt Disney and the Disney parks. Since it will be the 25th anniversary of Epcot, I just need to be there to see if they finally decide to do a commemoration.

I'm Karen (age 36) and I have been married for 13 years to Frank (age 37). We have 2 kids (DS age 7 and DD age 4). DS is starting 2nd grade on the 27th and DD is starting PreK on Sept 5. I have been a SAHM for 7 years, with a side business of making invitations and stuff like that, but I am about to start a part time job working from home doing email support. I am very nervous about working 20 hours a week, but it will be all on the computer, so I can DIS a little. :)

I have been scrapbooking for over 10 years now. I went to my first CM party and didn't even bring money. I totally thought that I didn't have the creative bent to put pages together. I had to borrow money from the hostess so I could get started! :) Good thing I didn't have any kids then! Not that I got much done.

I am definitely the Disney fan in our house, but my kids are holding their own. They certainly get it! Makes our trips so much more fun! My DH could take it or leave it. After we went in June, he stated that he didn't need to go back for 5 years or so. The rest of us decided that we weren't sure we could wait 5 months!:rotfl: So, we're going back in January. I'm hoping my DH does come because we'll be celebrating my parents' 40 wedding anniversary there and my sister and her family and my brother and his wife will be there too!

I'm Jill and I am 23 years old. I have been married to DH for a little over a year but have known him for around 8 years. We have no kids but to cats who are our fur kids. I am still in college and I work at Target.

I am a huge Disney freak! I did the WDW college Program in 2005. Was proposed to at MK, had my wedding at WDW, and honeymooned on DCL. DH is a Disney convert, before me he had never been to Disney. Next year we are taking a huge disney vacation (WDW/DCL/DL all in one trip).

I have been scrapping for 5 years. I am currently setting up a scrap room in my house. I normally scrap with my DM who is building a scrap room onto her house! I just got into swapping and I love it!

Oh and I am right handed.

Oh, and I live in Sunny South Florida (y'all will hate me in a few months)!

That makes two of us. I get the "I hate you" from the Family who live in SE Massachusetts from about November through April.

I am 42 yo single mom of an awesome 5 year old DS who starts first grade in a week.

I have been scrapping for 4 years and have not finished an album yet.

I love all kinds of papercrafts.

I have recently gotten a bind it all that I really want to start playing with...that is another story.

I want to learn how to do stuff with clip art and the computer. I think HopeMax is a genius. But I realize we all have our own things we are good at.....

I love everyone's personalities on here and it's nice to get away from it all with you gals.

I want to learn how to do stuff with clip art and the computer. I think HopeMax is a genius. But I realize we all have our own things we are good at.....

While I appreciate the sentiment, I am SOOO not a genius. Someone with too much time on her hands, that I will admit to. I have no job, no kids, no house to maintain and the most low maintenance husband in the world (except when he's sick). As long as he has a tv to watch soccer he is happy. So then I can spend 5 hours cutting out tiny baboon pieces.

Genius should be reserved for someone who is juggling kids, and jobs and a household, especially on their own, and still finds the energy and time to make beautiful handcrafted items for people they haven't met. You, know, someone like you!

While I appreciate the sentiment, I am SOOO not a genius. Someone with too much time on her hands, that I will admit to. I have no job, no kids, no house to maintain and the most low maintenance husband in the world (except when he's sick). As long as he has a tv to watch soccer he is happy. So then I can spend 5 hours cutting out tiny baboon pieces.

Genius should be reserved for someone who is juggling kids, and jobs and a household, especially on their own, and still finds the energy and time to make beautiful handcrafted items for people they haven't met. You, know, someone like you!

Okay, you made my cry.......

Ok, we must all be children of the 80's.... I like to watch Cutting Edge, Dirty Danceing buy my all time favorite movie is
Space Camp.....
Wipe Me, Beat ME, Take away my Charge Cards. NASA is Talking!

Oh my gosh talk about a flashback! I don't think I've seen Space Camp in years! Is it out on DVD? I may have to introduce my girls to that one.

Cutting Edge is another favorite, but while I :love: d Dirty Dancing as a kid, I can't watch it anymore. Something about Patrick Swayze skeeves me out. I can only tolerate him in the Outsiders because all the other cuties balance him out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!