HHN Quick Question

sportzboy698

Mouseketeer
I have never been to HHN, and really want to attend. But, as I have posted in previous threads, a member of my family is sensitive to sudden loud noises, like gunshots and explosions. I have no idea what shows and houses have any of these effects in them.

If possible, can you give me a rundown of the houses and events that contain these effects, and maybe in detail to, so I can judge if it would be suitable or not.

Thanks

:happytv:

I have hyperacusis which makes explosion and gunshot-type noises physically painful to me so I can most definitely tell you what to watch out for! It's pretty much just in the shows...both Bill & Ted and Rocky Horror have some sudden and LOUD explosions. The worst in Rocky is towards the end when Riff and Magenta kill Frank and Rocky, but there are some earlier on too. There is another bad one when Riff turns on the machinery in the lab when they're bringing Rocky to life. In Bill & Ted, the worst ones are at the beginning of the Speed Racer sequence although there are some others.

As for the houses there are no explosions. The chainsaw guys might sneak up and suddenly rev the chainsaw but that's about it for the scarezones.

If you are sensitive to gun shots beware of Creatures. There were lots of shotguns being fired in there.

Not the "blanks" kind, thank goodness. It's more the "fakey" gun sounds that aren't really startling or loud. The thing to watch out for in that one is the WATER!! They've gotten me wet in Scary Tales and Bloody Mary too.

I work in an area that test things at high pressure and sometimes they pop, very loud and unexpected. I wear earplugs so even if something blows on me it doesn't startle me much. Try them at HHN if you're really concerned.

Not the "blanks" kind, thank goodness. It's more the "fakey" gun sounds that aren't really startling or loud. The thing to watch out for in that one is the WATER!! They've gotten me wet in Scary Tales and Bloody Mary too.
I got wet in Scary Tales....twice! Cinderella's stepmom & Tin Man got me.

OP: Bill & Ted & Rocky Horror have loud explosions. B&T explosions/gunshots are: Hellboy shooting his gun (a few times), Speed Racer, the Joker, Iron Man, Rhianna, and the finale.

I HATE loud noises too and spent the Bill and Ted's show with my ears plugged and probably looked like a you-know-what to the people around me. My friend was embarrased.:rolleyes1

Anyway, the worst sudden noise is in 'Creatures!' in the beginning when you first enter the bar. The bartender, for some reason has a machete or something, and bangs it on the table as hard as he can to make incoming guests jump. I closed my ears for that part, and the redneck in their made fun of me. Oh well, I got him back with a fat joke.

Also, Doomsday, the second-worst house there, is bad because it gets you with cheap, 'jump' scares. When you turn a corner, you don't see anything disturbing--you just hear a guy bang something really hard or rev a chainsaw. The only scares come from guys beating things and making sudden loud noises.

Of course, there are houses with loud noises in them, but the ones I mentioned are the real sudden ones. Towards the end of 'Creatures!' is a loud strobe light part, and at the end of 'The Hallow' is a loud strobe light fight. These don't come suddenly, though, they're just kind of loud, like an airplane is--not scary, just a tad uncomfortable.

Hope this helps...have a great time:3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter