• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Happy New Year!

Page 1 has been updated.

If you are planning to travel to DHHIR in Jan/Feb, please post the activity guide. I will repost on Page 1 along with travel plans.

Food at the beach house was Caesar salad or deconstructed grab-n-go sandwiches with a bag of chips (pimento cheese or tuna).

Tide Me Over also had shrimp tacos.

IMG_2339.jpeg
IMG_2338.jpeg

FYI. The ornaments with the red string have Shadow on the back. The (presumably) newer versions of the same thing to the left of them (without string) have a different graphic of just Mickey on the back.

Also, the Gone Fishing shirt is the same graphic as the back of the ornament, but Shadow is missing from the shirt.

And, just as I'm posting this picture now, I noticed Shadow is on the mug! I don't know how I missed that. I would have purchased one!

Phasing Shadow out of the merchandise, so that he'll be permanently Gone Fishing... 😭

IMG_2254.jpeg

IMG_2349.jpeg

Just back and I have to say...they need new mattresses? Anyone agree?

I can sleep on anything and I did, but as soon as I laid down on the bed I knew I was in trouble with hubby. He was MISERABLE and in all honesty, I could feel lumps in the mattress. He ended up passing out on the loveseat sleeper in the living room with my little one, but it was rough. Also, we were there on NYE and the people above us must have been doing somersaults in the air and landing on the floor because every 30 mins after midnight until almost 1:30am I was jolted awake by a mob of running feet above me and then I went back to sleep. Hubby came in upset and said aren't you going to call about that and as he was complaining I was already asleep again (like I said, I have no problem sleeping). Rough night just before we arrived to Disney the next day when we really wanted to be in peak performance.

I can sleep on anything and I did, but as soon as I laid down on the bed I knew I was in trouble with hubby. He was MISERABLE and in all honesty, I could feel lumps in the mattress. He ended up passing out on the loveseat sleeper in the living room with my little one, but it was rough. Also, we were there on NYE and the people above us must have been doing somersaults in the air and landing on the floor because every 30 mins after midnight until almost 1:30am I was jolted awake by a mob of running feet above me and then I went back to sleep. Hubby came in upset and said aren't you going to call about that and as he was complaining I was already asleep again (like I said, I have no problem sleeping). Rough night just before we arrived to Disney the next day when we really wanted to be in peak performance.
Yes. Desperately.

When we were there in November, our mattress was fine, but we went to the desk and complained about the living room couch-and I NEVER complain at HHI! We couldn't sit on the couch at all because (1) it was so saggy, we slipped forward and/or (2) the cushions would slip forward. Either way, we'd end up on the floor pretty quickly. The sleeper chair was marginally better, but that meant that only one person could sit in the living room and watch TV unless the second person dragged a chair around from the banquette. I told the front desk that if the refurbishment was not until summer, as they told me, the couch would definitely not last. This was in a 1 BR.

We didnt complain but I feel like we should. This is the second time we found the beds subpar. Are they doing a reno this summer? Including mattresses?

As of right now he said we are NEVER going back and I really love the resort and Nunzios!

When we were there in November, our mattress was fine, but we went to the desk and complained about the living room couch-and I NEVER complain at HHI! We couldn't sit on the couch at all because (1) it was so saggy, we slipped forward and/or (2) the cushions would slip forward. Either way, we'd end up on the floor pretty quickly. The sleeper chair was marginally better, but that meant that only one person could sit in the living room and watch TV unless the second person dragged a chair around from the banquette. I told the front desk that if the refurbishment was not until summer, as they told me, the couch would definitely not last. This was in a 1 BR.
I took two teenage boys this summer and we stayed in a one bedroom. Honestly, they just left beds out most of the time because it was more comfortable than sliding off the couch cushions onto the floor. I just sat on the balcony or at the table when I needed a place to sit.

This resort is known for having “thin walls” and well, ceilings too. It’s the way the place is built. You can hear every footstep.

We’ve been below “loud” people (who I don’t think meant to walk that hard on purpose) and we’ve been the ones who got called by the front desk from our neighbors below complaining about us simply walking. We actually prefer to be the ones on the bottom floor now because we know to expect the sounds and won’t be the ones who call and complain or have someone complain about us!

This resort is known for having “thin walls” and well, ceilings too. It’s the way the place is built. You can hear every footstep.

We’ve been below “loud” people (who I don’t think meant to walk that hard on purpose) and we’ve been the ones who got called by the front desk from our neighbors below complaining about us simply walking. We actually prefer to be the ones on the bottom floor now because we know to expect the sounds and won’t be the ones who call and complain or have someone complain about us!
I feel you. I grew up in an apartment with a nasty lady on the 4th floor below us that banged up with a broom anytime we played. She reminded me of Mrs. Gulch from the Wizard of Oz, however, when I tell you the room was shaking...it was pretty crazy, like people/kids were flipping off beds like trampolines. This was no walking. It kept jolting me awake but I was too tired to care and I can go right back to sleep no problem. In the future I will make sure to not be on the bottom floor if I stay there again but that's out anyway because the beds are a no go.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait another 5 years until he forget's why he didn't like it there and then do this all over again ;) because the rest of us really love the place regardless of its quirks.

How was the internet? Anyone have any problem staying connected?

We leave in a week and are as usual looking forward to our happy place. I'm at the point where I have to start packing. After our stay we are on our way to Disney for another week.

Can't wait to get away and enjoy some (a little?) warmer weather. It looks warmer than here at HH and definitely warmer at WDW, at least during the daytime.

How was the internet? Anyone have any problem staying connected?

We leave in a week and are as usual looking forward to our happy place. I'm at the point where I have to start packing. After our stay we are on our way to Disney for another week.

Can't wait to get away and enjoy some (a little?) warmer weather. It looks warmer than here at HH and definitely warmer at WDW, at least during the daytime.

I know someone who's there now, and she says the internet is regularly dropping. Yet when we were there a few months ago, we had no problems. I wonder if that's because we were in the Main Building. Way back in the days before internet everywhere (does anyone else remember those days at HHI?), one reason we loved staying in the main lodge was because, even on the top floor, we could sometimes use internet in our villa, because they had it in Big Murgie's Den. She's in one of the further buildings.

I know someone who's there now, and she says the internet is regularly dropping. Yet when we were there a few months ago, we had no problems. I wonder if that's because we were in the Main Building. Way back in the days before internet everywhere (does anyone else remember those days at HHI?), one reason we loved staying in the main lodge was because, even on the top floor, we could sometimes use internet in our villa, because they had it in Big Murgie's Den. She's in one of the further buildings.

I was asking because my old friend 'S' is there and in a building that is not the Lodge and she is reporting internet dropping.

We'll probably be in the Lodge as we have a studio booked.

We had no problems when we had a grand villa in building 19 or was it 28 last time? Can't remember. But I do know that it can sometimes be building specific due to the equipment in that particular building.

We are here now in building 13 and the internet is great. We were in 15 during Thanksgiving and it was great there as well.

Also - I can report that all of our mattresses are very comfy :goodvibes . Now, that living room couch on the other hand ......... don't get me started :sad2:.

I have pictures of the activity calendar, but I need to resize them - keep getting an error message. We are heading to Bluffton for some shopping and lunch at Burnt Church Distillery so I'll try again later today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter