• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHI LOVERS THREAD

Can anyone let me know how many steps from the ground there are to get into a 2BR when it is not in the Live Oak Lodge?
First floor: depending on the building, anywhere from 11-14.
Second floor: depending on the building, anywhere from 29-32.

Is there a link that shows what room types are in each building?
The main lodge building (11) and the conjoined building (12) house only 1BRs and studios. That leave buildings 13-31. Of those, only buildings 16, 18, 19, 28, and 30 have a Grand Villa in them. Also in those buildings are one extra 1BR and one extra studio, as well as four 2BRs and the GV. In total, there are 76 2BRs, 21 1BRs, 21 studios, and 5 GVs. So, the only 1BRs and studios are in buildings 11, 12, 16, 18, 19, 28, and 30. All else is 2BRs.

looking for a pic of the updated menus from Signals and Tide me over and activities sheets... anyone at HHI now that can post for me? Also, movies happening yet? Thanks!

When is your trip? I can try to get a shot of the TMO menu in the next couple of days. Oh, and currently there are no movies nor campfires at the resort.

We have a couple of weeks (arrive 7/3), so plenty of time. If you could post it, that would be great. Thank you again!!!

Just back from 4 nights at our very first visit to HHI. Loved the resort, loved the room, but Hilton Head? Y'all need to be ready for the CROWDS.

I haven't been to HHI since I was a kid in the 80's, so I have virtually no memory of the place. We checked in Wednesday and the room was available. Decided to drive over to the beach house since it was later in the afternoon (around 2 or so) so I thought I would spend some time at the pool. I was lucky to get a seat! The whole time we were there, virtually every seat was taken at the pool. Cast members were doing a good job of policing the people leaving towels on chairs and then leaving the pool area to try and reserve seats for later. I really appreciated that.

The next day we went to the beach and again, we were lucky to get some chairs and umbrellas to rent! The cast member said that they are running out of chairs every day by 10am. I did notice that most people were bringing all their own stuff to the beach (chairs, tents, etc...) if you are driving there, you may want to consider doing that. The beach was insanely crowded. Think summer at WDW crowded. It was really hard to social distance if you want to do that. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY wears a mask in HHI. I get that there is a low risk when you are outside at the beach. But in no restaurant, grocery store, shop, anywhere were people wearing masks with the exception of my family and I. If this is an issue for you, you may want to rethink your trip.

This leads me to restaurants. If you want to eat out know a couple of things 1) if you think eating early is going to help you get a table, you are wrong. Restaurants start filling up at 4pm. parking at the popular spots is really difficult. Be prepared to wait. 2) There is no mask wearing or social distancing at any restaurant anywhere. if this is a concern for you, then you should not try to eat out. 3) if you can get a reservation do it. Places like Hudson's do not take them, as many of the popular places do not, so be prepared to wait upwards of 2 hours with no shade. However, places like Skull Creek, Black Marlin, Crazy Crab all take reservations. Get them now so you can get a seat.

Traffic is insane as well. Give yourself ample time to get from one place to another. Basically I would double the time you think you need to drive a couple of miles. You are gonna need it.

Finally, if you are gonna drive over to the beach house, know that the parking lot will be full by 11am, sometimes even earlier. Make sure that you plan accordingly or just take the shuttle.

I ALMOST FORGOT!!! Two days in a row we had to get out of the ocean because of SHARKS! SHARKS YALL. I am glad that they are policing it from the shore but holy moly!!

Jennifer

We were there last week and agree with you about the crowds. Much more crowded than in previous years. We have owned at HHI since 1996. but had not been since 2017.
We only ate out 1 day but as you said we thought 4:30 would be early and beat the crowds but Poseidon was packed. Had 45 minute wait stated at first but was called in 25 minutes.
As far as the beach, although crowded was easily able to stay 6 feet from others.
One of the days that had to get out of ocean because of sharks, you could see a lot of pelicans and ospreys feeding just over the breakers earlier, so then the sharks came and my daughter and husband saw a fin thrashing through the water and fish jumping away. They knew it was not a dolphin fin.

Just back from 4 nights at our very first visit to HHI. Loved the resort, loved the room, but Hilton Head? Y'all need to be ready for the CROWDS.

I haven't been to HHI since I was a kid in the 80's, so I have virtually no memory of the place. We checked in Wednesday and the room was available. Decided to drive over to the beach house since it was later in the afternoon (around 2 or so) so I thought I would spend some time at the pool. I was lucky to get a seat! The whole time we were there, virtually every seat was taken at the pool. Cast members were doing a good job of policing the people leaving towels on chairs and then leaving the pool area to try and reserve seats for later. I really appreciated that.

The next day we went to the beach and again, we were lucky to get some chairs and umbrellas to rent! The cast member said that they are running out of chairs every day by 10am. I did notice that most people were bringing all their own stuff to the beach (chairs, tents, etc...) if you are driving there, you may want to consider doing that. The beach was insanely crowded. Think summer at WDW crowded. It was really hard to social distance if you want to do that. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY wears a mask in HHI. I get that there is a low risk when you are outside at the beach. But in no restaurant, grocery store, shop, anywhere were people wearing masks with the exception of my family and I. If this is an issue for you, you may want to rethink your trip.

This leads me to restaurants. If you want to eat out know a couple of things 1) if you think eating early is going to help you get a table, you are wrong. Restaurants start filling up at 4pm. parking at the popular spots is really difficult. Be prepared to wait. 2) There is no mask wearing or social distancing at any restaurant anywhere. if this is a concern for you, then you should not try to eat out. 3) if you can get a reservation do it. Places like Hudson's do not take them, as many of the popular places do not, so be prepared to wait upwards of 2 hours with no shade. However, places like Skull Creek, Black Marlin, Crazy Crab all take reservations. Get them now so you can get a seat.

Traffic is insane as well. Give yourself ample time to get from one place to another. Basically I would double the time you think you need to drive a couple of miles. You are gonna need it.

Finally, if you are gonna drive over to the beach house, know that the parking lot will be full by 11am, sometimes even earlier. Make sure that you plan accordingly or just take the shuttle.

I ALMOST FORGOT!!! Two days in a row we had to get out of the ocean because of SHARKS! SHARKS YALL. I am glad that they are policing it from the shore but holy moly!!

Jennifer
Yes, can't argue with any of this. We prefer to eat outside as it's much easier to socially distance plus the circulation is obviously better. A couple of notes. Our favorite spot is Fishcamp on Broad Creek, and they do take reservations and have a lot of outdoor seating. Second, while most of HHI opts to not mask up, many places still have their employees do so. Absolutely, this currently includes all CMs at DHHIR. Also keep in mind, that places like grocery stores, restaurants, et. al., are all trying to hire people back with limited success, so expect that some of the waiting times at restaurants and long lines to check out at, say, Kroger's will be the norm for the near future. Still, it's a great place to vacation but be aware there will be crowds.

Honestly, I am not sure that I will try to go back to HHI until we are back to normal. The vaccination rate is particularly low in SC. There were many times that I just did not feel safe. Now, if we stayed at the resort the whole time, no problem. Disney is doing a great job of being safe. But with two cancer survivors and two people over 70 in our group I think we made a mistake going last week.

Are the pools at full capacity again and did they open the splash pad at the beach house? Thanks
Last week when we were there ,the pools were not at full capacity and sometimes were full. chairs still spread out. Splash pad was not open.

Are the pools at full capacity again and did they open the splash pad at the beach house? Thanks
The pools are at full capacity now, as of 15 June (same as Disney World). Further, guests who have been fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear masks indoors except on Disney transportation, which at HHI, is the Beach House shuttle. The past few days, as is typical during the summer high season, both pools have reached capacity with no tables/chairs available. You can put your name on a virtual waitlist by checking in with the recreation CM, and they will notify you when a spot opens. There is no splash pad at the Beach House. Finally, while Signals isn't technically open, you can order pretty much their full menu from Surfmen's Sand Bar, and the food will be delivered to you. However, the outside public access to Signal's is open.

Looking for recommendations to get my DW a manicure and pedicure while we are there next week.

Suggestions?

TIA

Looking for recommendations to get my DW a manicure and pedicure while we are there next week.

Suggestions?

TIA
I have used Lovely Nails on Mathews Drive a couple of times and liked them. I rarely get manis and pedis though, so I'm definitely not an expert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter