Hey Howdy Hey! We're spending 4th of July w/Mickey..this time w/DxDP! *TR Started*

Hi Heather! Just jumping in here! Your children are so adorable !!(I know your son probably doesn't want to be called "adorable" so he is "cool") LOVE all the past trip pics, especially when your DD was just a baby!! Cutie Pie! We stayed at Pop Century our last trip and had a great time there! Are you guys flying or driving to Florida? I would love to try BBB for my DD when she gets a bit older, it looks like such a fun experience! Your dining reservations look good, so many of those places I would really like to try!! I can't wait to hear more of your plans! :goodvibes

Hi Heather! Just jumping in here! Your children are so adorable !!(I know your son probably doesn't want to be called "adorable" so he is "cool") LOVE all the past trip pics, especially when your DD was just a baby!! Cutie Pie! We stayed at Pop Century our last trip and had a great time there! Are you guys flying or driving to Florida? I would love to try BBB for my DD when she gets a bit older, it looks like such a fun experience! Your dining reservations look good, so many of those places I would really like to try!! I can't wait to hear more of your plans! :goodvibes

Thanks so much! Yes he would probably rather be "cool" than adorable! :rotfl:
We are driving again....not too bad of a drive once you get out of Louisiana. As long as the kids have snacks, movies, color wonder books (love those :lovestruc) and PSP or DS they are great and easy riders!! I am looking forward to BBB for DD....although DS is going to do the "cool dude" package as well....couldnt leave him out.
I am excited to try our ADRs..in the past we didn't really eat that much at WDW, we took our lunches and snacks so it will be a nice change I think! I just hope to remember to take Food Pics so I can post them after we return...I love looking at all the food pics!
Thanks for coming over! ;)

Hi Heather!

Jumping over from your post on my PTR! Great report so far! Looks like you've had some great familiy trips to WDW! The Lego store looks so cool - I bet your son loved it! My DS6 is so into Legos right now, I can't wait to take him there...I need to have him start saving some money now to take there!

Looking forward to reading more of you plans!
Karen

Hi Heather!

Jumping over from your post on my PTR! Great report so far! Looks like you've had some great familiy trips to WDW! The Lego store looks so cool - I bet your son loved it! My DS6 is so into Legos right now, I can't wait to take him there...I need to have him start saving some money now to take there!

Looking forward to reading more of you plans!
Karen

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by!
The lego store is really cool...tons of lego stuff!! Your DS would so love it!! My DS already requested that he get to go there again! We give DS & DD each a Mickey Gift card w/an amount on it for them to shop with and when it's gone, it's gone. They are going to get one for Valentine's Day and then Easter.....we also have a 'Disney Jar' that they are putting change in and some dollar bills so that will be some extra 'play' $$ too....They like to find the change and go throw it in the jar!

Hi! :wave2: new to your PTR and I have read the first few pages. Love all the food plans--looks yummy to me!

BBB--could you do it before 1900 Park Faire? It could be a good way to take a break, cool down before dinner.

Hi! :wave2: new to your PTR and I have read the first few pages. Love all the food plans--looks yummy to me!

BBB--could you do it before 1900 Park Faire? It could be a good way to take a break, cool down before dinner.

:welcome:
Thanks for stopping by!

I am excited for our food plans...ALOT of firsts for us!

I have BBB for 11:00 am right now but thinking I should maybe change it to after our lunch @ Tony's (2:30p)????? I want it to last for 1900 Park Fare dinner @ 8:15p. :confused3

:welcome:
Thanks for stopping by!

I am excited for our food plans...ALOT of firsts for us!

I have BBB for 11:00 am right now but thinking I should maybe change it to after our lunch @ Tony's (2:30p)????? I want it to last for 1900 Park Fare dinner @ 8:15p. :confused3

Hmmm...from all accounts, if you do the bun hairstyle--the hair will stay all week if you want it to stay (even with swimming and rain)! I guess it would depend--do you want her to feel fresh and dressed up for the big night at 1900 Park Fare or would you rather have longer time being a dressed up princess? Choices, choices, choices. Are you doing the Castle package--dress, hair, makeup and nails? It takes an hour or so to get everything done.

We decided to go ahead and do our DD's appointment first thing in the morning. Risky but since it is her birthday we want it to start on a magical note! :goodvibes

Hmmm...from all accounts, if you do the bun hairstyle--the hair will stay all week if you want it to stay (even with swimming and rain)! I guess it would depend--do you want her to feel fresh and dressed up for the big night at 1900 Park Fare or would you rather have longer time being a dressed up princess? Choices, choices, choices. Are you doing the Castle package--dress, hair, makeup and nails? It takes an hour or so to get everything done.

We decided to go ahead and do our DD's appointment first thing in the morning. Risky but since it is her birthday we want it to start on a magical note! :goodvibes

Choices are right!! :rotfl:

Right now I just have it for her to get nails, makeup and hair....I was going to take a dress w/us.
Oh...what to do what to do....I may leave the appt as is right now then since the hair will stay....I probably wont put her in her dress until right before dinner.

I guess I should get this PTR started with a little more details on each day.

Well.....I totally changed our driving days/times!! :) For the better I am hoping!

Day 1 (of driving..July 1st):
Leave home after DH gets off work(hoping that can be a decent time) arrive at Grandma's House in MS...this is a 6 hour drive about.

Day 2 (of Driving..July 2nd):
leave Grandma's about 8 am
arrive @ WDW about 6 pm (hoping) :woohoo:

For dinner we have a ressie at Whispering Canyon Cafe @ 8:45p. This is a first for us!!

We will be having many 'firsts' on this trip! (You can go two years in a row and still have missed things from last time!)

I am planning on packing DS & DD their own backpack of goodies again. I did this last year and it turned out great! I got each one a color wonder binder kit and extra book, plastic crayons (the ones that twist up..just in case the sun wanted to melt them!), new coloring book, Disney Pez character....i forgot what else was in there. We also had plenty of different snacks too. DS took his PSP and had a portable dvd player incase he didnt want to watch the 'girly' movies. Kept them occupied and busy...they really didn't nap that much. My Expedition also has a DVD player in it so that is a BIG plus too! :goodvibes

Next up......... DAY 2 @ Magic Kingdom!

:headache: Too many restaurants to choose from! lol

Thinking of adding/changing:

Chefs de France for lunch on 7/4 and moving my dinner at Garden Grill a little later that night....Illuminations is at 10pm....we hadn't seen this before.

Debating whether or not I should keep Cape May on 7/6 (this is our waterpark/DTD day and then maybe Epcot since it is EMH) or should I should add a dinner ADR at Epcot for this night but for which restaurant...it is EMH til midnight.

Also thinking of dropping my HDDR ressie for the Mickey's Backyard BBQ ressie...I really don't want to do both since they are both 2 meal credits....and we are using 2 already for CRT the first night.

And I just thought that I had all my ADRs lined up just right and ready to go!

Oh the choices that one has!!! I am going to be lying in bed thinking about what to do! :laughing:

Any suggestions?

So....here is a video of DD getting a phone call from Princess Tiana today..she didnt know what to say! Got the phone call from Disney Movie Rewards...too cool! princess:
Hope this works!

:wave2: I am back finally on DIS after being out of town!! Time to catch up ;)

Choices are right!! :rotfl:

Right now I just have it for her to get nails, makeup and hair....I was going to take a dress w/us.
Oh...what to do what to do....I may leave the appt as is right now then since the hair will stay....I probably wont put her in her dress until right before dinner.

Ahh to have choices--it is a good thing though for those of us suffering from ODPD it can lead to moments of insanity! :lmao: We are doing the same thing--same package and bringing a dress. I will have a special shirt for her to wear there and shorts, so she can always be changed back into them if she wants out of her dress. I am thrilled with it!! I will have to get a post together on my PTR about it soon.

Day 1 (of driving):
leave home @ 8am arrive @ Crestview FL about 6pm
eat dinner @ Cracker Barrel (it's next door to the hotel - thats a bonus..I :love: me some Cracker Barrel!!)

Day 2 (of Driving) BUT Day 1 of WDW:
leave hotel @ 9am arrive @ WDW about 4pm :woohoo:
we have a 5:45pm ressie for CRT....so this will be a MK afternoon! I talked to a CM and was told that MK has the 4th of July festivities on July 3rd as well!
:rolleyes1 hmmm....thinking maybe it would be better to find a place past Crestview to stay to make Day 2 driving shorter!

I am thinking maybe trying to hang tight and make it to Tallahassee (an extra 149 miles/2 1/2 hrs) or Live Oak FL ( an extra 228 miles/ 3 hrs 40 mins)... what to do what to do :confused3

Off to check out hotels.com! :surfweb:

Next up......... DAY 1 @ Magic Kingdom!

Whew! I did not realize you had as much driving :car: as we d0! I sure hope everyone is a pleasant mood for you--it makes things so much easier. :goodvibes

Hmm...can you push your family to drive farther and still get up in decent moods to get to Disney? I would love to get farther on our big day of driving but I figure Valdosta, GA is as far as I am going to get them without compromising their moods the next day. I am finding it is such a balancing act--get far enough but not so far it makes day two more difficult. Hopefully the excitement will make everyone get up on Day two for the both of us (and not keep everyone up on the night of Day one).:wizard:

:headache: Too many restaurants to choose from! lol

Thinking of adding/changing:

Chefs de France for lunch on 7/4 and moving my dinner at Garden Grill a little later that night....Illuminations is at 10pm....we hadn't seen this before.

Debating whether or not I should keep Cape May on 7/6 (this is our waterpark/DTD day and then maybe Epcot since it is EMH) or should I should add a dinner ADR at Epcot for this night but for which restaurant...it is EMH til midnight.

Also thinking of dropping my HDDR ressie for the Mickey's Backyard BBQ ressie...I really don't want to do both since they are both 2 meal credits....and we are using 2 already for CRT the first night.

And I just thought that I had all my ADRs lined up just right and ready to go!

Oh the choices that one has!!! I am going to be lying in bed thinking about what to do! :laughing:

Any suggestions?

Have you read about HDDR and MBBBQ? I have read multiple TR about HDDR but not the BBQ. Most liked the entertainment of the HDDR and a few commented the food was so so. WCC has better according to the last one I read.

If you make a later dinner before Illuminations, I would try to make sure you leave time to get a comfy spot to watch if possible! I imagine with you doing it on the 4th EP is not going to be as crowded as MK! :scared1:

Have you played around with the Dinning Ressies online yet? You could see how they are booking out and base your decisions on it. It can be addicting though :rolleyes1

The video of your daughter listening to the phone call from Tiana--so cute!!

Looking forward to hearing about more plans :yay:

We will be at Disney over 4th of July as well. Congrats on your first pre-trip. I started mine and boy it has been a challenge.

Your children are adorable. I love the pictures of the first trip. That is my most memorable with our DS. There is nothing like Disney through a child's eyes!

I hope all worked out with the electric and your appliance issue. I manage the office/accouting department for an electric cooperative and I know that can be very stressful for those affected. I handle all those claims on our end.

I loved the post about Cracker Barrel. We are driving 14 hours from Ohio and DH and DS already told me no Cracker Barrel and no Subway. I love to stop for breakfast in the morning and keep trucking in the afternoon with a sub in the car. It drives them crazy!

Look forward to your next update!

Erika

:wave2: I am back finally on DIS after being out of town!! Time to catch up ;)

Glad your back!

Ahh to have choices--it is a good thing though for those of us suffering from ODPD it can lead to moments of insanity! :lmao: We are doing the same thing--same package and bringing a dress. I will have a special shirt for her to wear there and shorts, so she can always be changed back into them if she wants out of her dress. I am thrilled with it!! I will have to get a post together on my PTR about it soon.

I am thinking of just letting DD stay in shorts and shirt until we go eat @ 1900 Park fare. What does your 'special' shirt look like or say?

Whew! I did not realize you had as much driving :car: as we d0! I sure hope everyone is a pleasant mood for you--it makes things so much easier. :goodvibes

Hmm...can you push your family to drive farther and still get up in decent moods to get to Disney? I would love to get farther on our big day of driving but I figure Valdosta, GA is as far as I am going to get them without compromising their moods the next day. I am finding it is such a balancing act--get far enough but not so far it makes day two more difficult. Hopefully the excitement will make everyone get up on Day two for the both of us (and not keep everyone up on the night of Day one).:wizard:

It's a drive but its so worth it!! :) I am going to try to push it farther along on Day 1 so we have maybe 3 hours to get to WDW on Day 2....hopefully it'll work out!

Have you read about HDDR and MBBBQ? I have read multiple TR about HDDR but not the BBQ. Most liked the entertainment of the HDDR and a few commented the food was so so. WCC has better according to the last one I read.
I read some review about HDDR...mostly so-so....DS said he wants to eat there and not MBBBQ since HDDR is inside! I read some about WCC and actually had that as an ADR early on but I read toomany negatives about them....so I dropped that ADR.

If you make a later dinner before Illuminations, I would try to make sure you leave time to get a comfy spot to watch if possible! I imagine with you doing it on the 4th EP is not going to be as crowded as MK! :scared1:
I ended up changing our ADR time to 7:10p instead of 5:35p @ Garden Grill. Illuminations is at 10p so I was thinking that would work out better maybe. :confused3 Yes, A CM told me its better to go to MK on the 3rd of July b/c it's the same as on the 4th. We'll see how that works out!

Have you played around with the Dinning Ressies online yet? You could see how they are booking out and base your decisions on it. It can be addicting though :rolleyes1
I have changed/moved our ADRs so many times its not even funny!! I am hopefully keeping what we have now....I will have to relist our new ADRs....I think I just moved some around.
The video of your daughter listening to the phone call from Tiana--so cute!!
Thanks! She loved it!

Looking forward to hearing about more plans :yay:
Responses are in green.

We will be at Disney over 4th of July as well. Congrats on your first pre-trip. I started mine and boy it has been a challenge.
:welcome: Thanks! I will have to jump over to your PTR and get to reading!

Your children are adorable. I love the pictures of the first trip. That is my most memorable with our DS. There is nothing like Disney through a child's eyes!
Oh thanks...I think so too! :) I think the 1st trip to the World is the Best! Our last trip was just so neat to watch my DD face light up when she saw the Princesses or Parades!

I hope all worked out with the electric and your appliance issue. I manage the office/accouting department for an electric cooperative and I know that can be very stressful for those affected. I handle all those claims on our end.
Thanks but so far....Nothing has happened yet! They will be getting a phone call this week! ;)

I loved the post about Cracker Barrel. We are driving 14 hours from Ohio and DH and DS already told me no Cracker Barrel and no Subway. I love to stop for breakfast in the morning and keep trucking in the afternoon with a sub in the car. It drives them crazy!
Cracker Barrel is a must...we don't have one real close where we live now so it is missed!

Look forward to your next update!

Erika

Replies are in green.

DD's shirt: I am going to make her a rhinestone Minnie shirt that also says Birthday Girl. Depending on when I lay it out, it will either be Birthday Girl under the Minnie head or curving around the Minnie head. Does that make any sense? :rotfl:

I will either put it with a skirt or a pair of shorts. :goodvibes

DD's shirt: I am going to make her a rhinestone Minnie shirt that also says Birthday Girl. Depending on when I lay it out, it will either be Birthday Girl under the Minnie head or curving around the Minnie head. Does that make any sense? :rotfl:

I will either put it with a skirt or a pair of shorts. :goodvibes
Sounds cute!
I have seen those rhinestone shirts on internet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter