***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I have to say, it is so ANNOYING that we have no idea what Animal Kingdom's hours are going to be in October - If I can't get Ohana for 8:45 tomorrow, my back up was going to be Yak and Yeti, but they don't have hours past 7:00 yet in October! I'm sure AK will be open later, but I can't make my reservations there for dinner. :(
Hopefully I can get Ohana!

Yeah, the whole uncertainty around Pandora and Ak is tricky for planning! I guess at least we have the luxury that there will be some data before we have to make FP bookings, just hard for ADRs (not to mention ROL!)

So tomorrow bright and early is my ADR day! 5 am Chicago time. I have the day off work.

So the responsible part of me says to stay in and go to bed on time (I normally get up at 4:45 for work anyways). But the other part of me says, hey you are off work tomorrow, go out and get a cocktail.

Who wants to make a bet which part of me wins? :drinking1

Regardless, I'll still get up...then go back to bed....
I was at my computer at 5:59 am EST, finger poised on BoG. lol

Hi! I'm new here (well I've been reading these boards for a while now, but this is my first post), and thought I would jump in here. We are going to be in WDW Oct. 7 - 14. I'm excited that I was able to get the ADRs that I wanted, although still holding out for a better dinner time at Sci-Fi Dine In.
Keep trying for a better time window at Sci-Fi... You have enough time between now and then to get what you want! Pixie dust!!

Keep trying for a better time window at Sci-Fi... You have enough time between now and then to get what you want! Pixie dust!!

Thank you! I do plan on continuing to try for a better time. I've got enough time that something is bound to open up!

I was able to get all of the ADRs we wanted with the exception of dinner at BOG so instead we are going to try breakfast there for the first time this trip. Here are what we have - we are taking advantage of staying at AKL since we never have before.

10/13 - dinner at Boma
10/14 - eating wayyyy to much at F&W
10/15 - lunch at Yak & Yeti (one of the places my kids request every trip)
10/16 - breakfast at BOG and dinner at Jiko (really looking forward to this one as we have always wanted to eat here)
10/17 - breakfast at Boma

I was able to get all of the ADRs we wanted with the exception of dinner at BOG so instead we are going to try breakfast there for the first time this trip. Here are what we have - we are taking advantage of staying at AKL since we never have before.

10/13 - dinner at Boma
10/14 - eating wayyyy to much at F&W
10/15 - lunch at Yak & Yeti (one of the places my kids request every trip)
10/16 - breakfast at BOG and dinner at Jiko (really looking forward to this one as we have always wanted to eat here)
10/17 - breakfast at Boma

Same here. We're staying at AKV and doing Boma, Sanaa and Jiko. We've only done Jiko for the first time this past December. So good!

Been awhile since I have checked-in! Just started a new job and had to make sure my October plans were still ok!

Updating my TBD to 10/21 - 10/24 Animal Kingdom Lodge and 10/24 - 10/28 Grand Floridian. I am tempted to add Sunday, but this is where I am currently at unless I score an awesome home flight on Sunday lol

Got my ADRs! Ohana time too late for munchkins over course (8:30) but I'll use TP to keep stalking for earlier time. Even got a PPO BOG but if EMM becomes available I'll drop it. And still waiting on ROL......:surfweb:

So...

10/26 - dinner Ohana
10/27 -PPO Garden Grill
10/28 - lunch Tiffins
10/29 - PPO BOG, lunch Skippers Canteen
10/30 - breakfast Kona

now back to bed for a bit!

How many of you are planning to attend a Halloween party? We are!

I'm going as Honest John (from Pinocchio) and Micky will hopefully figure out how to be Stromboli! :p

I posted this in the Party thread, but here's my costume. I will carry a blue cardigan if it's cooler out...

jh.jpg Resized_20170429_094744.jpeg

Hi all! :wave:
Please add me to the list: 10/15-10/22 our very first F&W and MNSSHP!
We are staying at BWV, also a first, and are so excited to be staying on Crescent Lake. We have mostly stayed in the MK area, especially WL, so we are looking forward to being able to mosey into WS whenever we want :)
Anyhow, I am very sad about Splash Mtn. being closed as it is my favorite ride. I have also read that the Great Movie Ride is closing too? And not just for a refurb, closed for good. Does anyone have any specific info on that?
As for ADRs, I was ready at 6 am on my date, and was able to get BOG for our last night. That was not my plan, but I was just glad to get it. I highly recommend starting your ADRs by going directly to your last night when trying to book that one!
What I have so far (all dinners)
10/15 Beaches and Cream
10/16 Yak and Yeti (son-in-law request)
10/17 F&W and maybe a counter service
10/18 open, perhaps dinner at Trattoria al Forno
10/19 party night, perhaps late breakfast at Trails End
10/20 probably dinner at Sanaa (haven't made ADR yet)
10/21 Be Our Guest

As you can see, my plan is still a bit unplanned! With 4 party nights during our week and the early MK closing that comes with that, our usual touring style of late afternoon FPs and late evenings is not going to work. Add to that, having no idea how late AK will be open, I am feeling challenged to come up with a plan I feel good about. There are also so many "new since our last trip" attractions ( new Soarin, FEA, nightime shows etc.), F&W, and HP, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed! One last thing, I am feeling like I want to do more counter service than large sit-down meals this trip so that is also a reason for my hesitation to book dinners each night. My DD wants Sanaa, so I will definitely make that one as soon as I figure out my plan!
Going to catch up on this thread now!
By the way, does anyone think there is any chance the room only discount that ends 10/7 could be extended beyond that date? I highly doubt it, but was wondering if there have ever been discounts for mid-October. TIA for any advice or opinions!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter