***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

So my Magical Express tags came today, but still haven't received the coupon booklet, do
they still send those out? I feel like it used to come first.

Got Magical Express documents and tags yesterday. Last day to customize bands so they should be here by the end of next week! It's starting to get real. I am super excited for MK to be open until 1 AM on the 25th. We are planning to be there all day (minus a decent mid-day break) with a pre-opening BOG breakfast reservation. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing MK relatively empty in the morning and at night. The last couple of trips we have taken, we have hung out and let the crowd disperse a bit after closing. We'll see if we can make it that late again.
I am going that night too and so excited its open so late!!

34 days to go until i am at WDW.
Spent this morning switching my arrival day hotel from Sports to Music so I could get my refund on my gift card. Long story.

Now I am trying to decide if I need to use Garden Grocer to deliver some items to BLT for my second part of my stay or just buy what I need before I leave and take it in the car with me.

I don't want to have to lug around a cooler and a big case of water. Even though I am on the DxDDP, I need to have some snacks with me in my room for my medication.

Can anyone explain to me exactly how garden grocer works? Will they deliver to bell services at BLT/Contemporary? Do I have to pay a package fee at the resort? Will bell services store foods needing refrigerated?

Just waiting to be sure of DD's schedule before I buy the party tickets. Her schedule says she has off (and no one else has requested off). Will know in another week-probably going to go to October 10th party. Hoping the low rain chances continue...

with 6 of us going (5 adults and my baby),
It sounds like you're pretty well prepared, and the good thing is you really only need a few FP, because you can use Rider Switch ! (assuming your baby is indeed, like, a baby, or at least too small to ride ;) just not positive in case your baby is a 15 yr old who would WANT to ride !! haha!) So, with Rider Switch, just try getting even 2 FoP FP+, because if you're all there, show your kiddo, and they'll give a Rider Switch pass that should let up to 3 people go back through the FP+ line. (This still would be the case even if the first 2 guests don't use a FP+, you can still do Rider Switch.) Hope that helps

Can anyone explain to me exactly how garden grocer works? Will they deliver to bell services at BLT/Contemporary? Do I have to pay a package fee at the resort? Will bell services store foods needing refrigerated?

I've used GG one time, and at Pop Century just for reference. Most likely someone else can chime in with even more details. When you place your order, you also pick a date/time window for delivery. For example, if you choose 12-4 as the delivery time, it could come at any point in that window. They send a text, call, email (maybe even all 3?) to let you know it's been delivered. You go down to bell services (or ask at your check in too), and they will often bring it up to your room, or let you use a cart to bring your own (I'm sure this depends on your resort, and availability of CMs to help). To be fair, the package fee was imposed starting AFTER my last trip using this, but I'm pretty sure it applies more to if you have something shipped there, such as from Amazon, etc. Everything from GG that needs to be refrigerated WILL be kept at the appropriate temperature (frozen or cold). They do offer discounts based on how far ahead you order, 15 days, 30 days, 60 days, so jump on and order! They have great info on the website, they have even better customer service; they check in to make sure you got everything! (We received our order and they'd forgotten some baby wash, and with 5 kids incl an infant...I needed that! They were in constant contact with me to be sure I knew when it was delivered so we could hop down and grab it. However, it ended up being dropped off at our room like 2 min later!) Have a great trip!!

Ok...i leave in 1 week and just when I thought I had all my dining reservations finalized I started studying my choices. I'm traveling with NON Disney lovers (it's their first time and I'm hoping to convert them:stir:). So...i need opinions...i want the best viewing for illuminations. I now have an adr at La Hacienda de San Angel at 8p.m. Should I change it to Tokyo Dining or Rose & Crown (if it's even available)????
I need to wow these people!!!!pixiedust:

We got our Mickey Mail Thursday, with our coupons and a separate envelope for the Magical Express. :thumbsup2 Our magicbands should be shipping soon! Excited to get them, although we already have our bands from the rebooked Irma trip decorated. We are going to use those bands from our original vacation, but it's fun to get different colored ones coming. I'm starting to get excited again about our trip. Everything was just so stressful with cancelling, rebooking, and replanning etc that I've been pretty fatigued from it all. I've been redoing our touring plans and modifying our fastpasses as I can find better ones. Not being able to do them at 60 days was difficult, but the recent release of the FOP fps and extended hours has helped alot in getting back some of the harder to get ones. :goodvibes

34 days to go until i am at WDW.
Spent this morning switching my arrival day hotel from Sports to Music so I could get my refund on my gift card. Long story.

Now I am trying to decide if I need to use Garden Grocer to deliver some items to BLT for my second part of my stay or just buy what I need before I leave and take it in the car with me.

I don't want to have to lug around a cooler and a big case of water. Even though I am on the DxDDP, I need to have some snacks with me in my room for my medication.

If you go over to [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/shipping-to-and-from-disney-resorts-faq-new.3435904/"]This Thread[/URL] it has all of your shipping questions answered. I decided to go with Amazon prime pantry because it was sssssooooooo much cheaper plus I had an amazon credit. According to this thread they will put cold stuff in a fridge if they have space for it-but watch out. They dont look through and see what needs to be refridgerated. Someone had a replacement battery for their phone in with their food shipment and it went into the fridge too.

Ok...i leave in 1 week and just when I thought I had all my dining reservations finalized I started studying my choices. I'm traveling with NON Disney lovers (it's their first time and I'm hoping to convert them:stir:). So...i need opinions...i want the best viewing for illuminations. I now have an adr at La Hacienda de San Angel at 8p.m. Should I change it to Tokyo Dining or Rose & Crown (if it's even available)????

I know for a fact 10/2, 10/3 and 10/4 had no availability at Rose and Crown from 7:30-on. I had trouble getting my 10/2 7:30 ADR there at 182 days beucase I went for BOG first. My travel agent wasnt able to book it for me at 182 at all. I went on and search for a party of 4 instead of a party of 2 and I found one. I think you might want to stick with what you have because changing to another restaurant with a view of illuminations near show time might be impossible at this point. Anything can happen of course-I have had some truly lucky pixie dust at Disneyland before getting in to restaurants with no availability by dont walk away from your current ADR.

Tokyo and Rose&Crown our our go to's. I cant imagine either one would disappoint.

Tokyo and Rose&Crown our our go to's. I cant imagine either one would disappoint.
I've never been to Tokyo...is the view good?I heard it's obstructed with people in the balcony but then others said it's great.
We ate in Mexico last year and it was the worst meal we've ever had in Disney. I was hoping La Hacienda was better and worth it with the view.

All magic bands are now present and accounted for! :cool1:
My little suitcase of holding I've been hiding all the stuff in that I've bought for the trip is almost at maximum capacity. :scared: This keeping the trip a secret thing is becoming progressively more work the closer it gets. It's going to be so great when I can finally tell the kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter