***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I've started to plan out which rides I want to get FastPasses for. This is our first Disney trip and the kids will be 5 and 6 years old. It's a little difficult to predict what they are going to like and what their favorites might be that they'll want to ride multiple times!

Any critiques are welcome!

Monday - MK
Rope drop Peter Pan's Flight
1. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Enchanted Tales with Belle

Tuesday - AK
Rope drop Kilimanjaro Safaris
1. Festival of the Lion King
2. Pandora: Na'vi River Journey
3. ?

MNSSHP in the evening
Try for a 4th FastPass at MK

Wednesday - MK
Rope drop Jungle Cruise
1. Tomorrowland Speedway
2. Buzz Lightyear
3. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Thursday - Epcot
Rope drop Soarin'
1. Turtle Talk with Crush
2. Frozen Ever After
3. Meet Anna and Elsa

Friday - HS
Rope drop Toy Story Midway Mania
1. Star Tours
2. Toy Story Midway Mania
3. Frozen Sing Along
Try for a 4th FastPass for Fantasmic

I think your plan looks really good. I'm not sure what your third fast pass for AK could be - are they too young for Dinosaur? Probably. Primeval Whirl is a silly little coaster - spins but not too bad. Youtube it, see if you'd like it!

Don't forget Haunted Mansion and Small World at MK. :)

So all I know so far for my fast passes is not much. :p

Wed (arrival day) - dinner at MK 6:10. Fast passes after dinner for Thunder Mountain, Mine Train and Jungle Cruise. (maybe Thunder Mountain before dinner)

Thurs - Epcot early entry. So not sure what we can breeze through with this - perhaps ride Test Track during EE, fast pass FEA and try for Soarin during EE? Then fast pass some other stuff we probably won't need to? We plan to leave there by 1 - we have two other full days for Epcot.
Then the party at night. What is the tiering for Epcot?

Fri - Animal Kingdom - fast pass FOP, EE and Safari. We will have to fast pass the River Journey another day.

That's it. Then I still have Saturday to the next Friday to figure out, that's when my brother and 2 sisters come join us....

I am feeling a bit grumpy this week and havent been on the boards much because I am worried about my trip perhaps needing to be canceled. My landlord might be selling the house I have been renting for 9 years and if she does and if the new owner doesn't want to do a rental then I may have to cancel my trip to come up with moving costs. I am really hoping that it doesnt happen but just thinking about it makes me grumpy.

Hey @Kindermouse! How are things? Good news hopefully?

I think your plan looks really good. I'm not sure what your third fast pass for AK could be - are they too young for Dinosaur? Probably. Primeval Whirl is a silly little coaster - spins but not too bad. Youtube it, see if you'd like it!

Don't forget Haunted Mansion and Small World at MK. :)

Yeah, I think they'd be scared of Dinosaur! Maybe I'll FastPass Kilimanjaro Safaris because I know for sure we want to do it and if anything I can use all the AK FastPasses up in the morning so I have a better chance of getting a 4th in MK for the Halloween party that evening.

Haunted Mansion and Small World are definitely on my list! I'm going to try for Haunted Mansion as a 4th FastPass on one of our days.

I've started to plan out which rides I want to get FastPasses for. This is our first Disney trip and the kids will be 5 and 6 years old. It's a little difficult to predict what they are going to like and what their favorites might be that they'll want to ride multiple times!

Any critiques are welcome!

Monday - MK
Rope drop Peter Pan's Flight
1. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Enchanted Tales with Belle

Tuesday - AK
Rope drop Kilimanjaro Safaris
1. Festival of the Lion King
2. Pandora: Na'vi River Journey
3. ?

MNSSHP in the evening
Try for a 4th FastPass at MK

Wednesday - MK
Rope drop Jungle Cruise
1. Tomorrowland Speedway
2. Buzz Lightyear
3. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Thursday - Epcot
Rope drop Soarin'
1. Turtle Talk with Crush
2. Frozen Ever After
3. Meet Anna and Elsa

Friday - HS
Rope drop Toy Story Midway Mania
1. Star Tours
2. Toy Story Midway Mania
3. Frozen Sing Along
Try for a 4th FastPass for Fantasmic
I just noticed you have "Meet Anna and Elsa" on Thursday for Epcot. Royal Sommerhus does not actually offer FP+ service. There are multiple sets of Anna and Elsa that meet simultaneously (I believe up to 4) and it is done through a series of halls and doors that you (or your kids) would never notice while you are there. The waits aren't usually too bad. You can select another tier 2 that fits your touring.

Sigh...I feel like I'm not getting any Mickey Mail! :o

All we've gotten so far is the welcome packet back when we booked. So I should still be getting Magical Express tickets, the little booklet of coupons and luggage tags (do we still get that?) and then our Magic Bands. When does everything come?

I guess I got the same amount last trip, but last trip we got our Magical Express tickets about month after we booked it - 6 months before the trip!

Just need a little taste....:earboy2:

All we've gotten so far is the welcome packet back when we booked. So I should still be getting Magical Express tickets, the little booklet of coupons and luggage tags (do we still get that?) and then our Magic Bands. When does everything come?

I guess I got the same amount last trip, but last trip we got our Magical Express tickets about month after we booked it - 6 months before the trip!

Besides the little booklet with the blue castle cover that you received, most other items will be sent around 30 days prior to arrival.

If you have selected your colors and names for the MagicBands and pressed "Done," they will enter customization when you have exactly 30 days remaining and can take anywhere from 3 - 5 to actually ship and another 5 - 10 to arrive. MagicBands will ship home as long as you customize 11+ days before your trip. 10 - 6 days qualifies for resort delivery (still customized) and 6 or less is a gray band upon check-in with no name printed inside. If you booked a package, you will also get the coordinating Disney tags in the MagicBand box.

If you have already entered your DME information, you will receive your confirmation with yellow luggage tags around 30 days prior to arrival as well. If you need additional yellow tags, I have been told you must wait for your first set to arrive before requesting a second (I fly SW a lot and utilize the 2 free checked bags per person).

Sometimes you can receive a small single piece of paper in a blue envelope if you apply a payment or make a change to the guest names or room occupancy.

"Resort Managers" also sometimes send notifications if something is going to be closed or refurbished during your stay. I have not received this in the mail since last May. Both other times I received a "Disney Destinations" e-mail alerting me to the information.

I just noticed you have "Meet Anna and Elsa" on Thursday for Epcot. Royal Sommerhus does not actually offer FP+ service. There are multiple sets of Anna and Elsa that meet simultaneously (I believe up to 4) and it is done through a series of halls and doors that you (or your kids) would never notice while you are there. The waits aren't usually too bad. You can select another tier 2 that fits your touring.

Oooh, thanks! I didn't realize there wasn't a FP for it! Off to go choose another FP!

Oooh, thanks! I didn't realize there wasn't a FP for it! Off to go choose another FP!
No problem! If you want more characters or aren't meeting any of the fab five elsewhere, the Epcot character spot is a decent tier 2 FP+. It features Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy and it is pretty close to The Seas with Nemo/Turtle Talk with Crush.

I've started thinking about fastpasses too. This is what I have so far.

10/15/17- AM EP PM AK Fast Passes FOP, Saffari, ROL (Unless I do a ROL dining)
10/16/17- AM HS Fast Passes TSMM, Star Tours, Indy PM MK
10/17/17- AM MK Fast Passes 7DT, Space, Buzz
10/18/17- AM AK Fast Passes NRJ, EE, Dino
10/19/17- AM MK Fast Passes Jungle Cruise, BTMR, Haunted Mansion. PM HS
10/20/17- AM EP Fast Passes Soarin, Mission: Space, Turtle Talk

Hi all! I am pretty new here, planning a trip for 14 people in October (14-21) staying at CBR, a little nervous about the construction there...I am enjoying reading about everyone else's planning! It's fun to see others as excited as we are!! :dogdance:

We are deciding how many days in what parks. We are doing 2 days plus one MNSSHP on our swim/DS day. Our arrival day is the last day "up for grabs" and it is between an extra 1/2 day at MK or at DAK. (Departure day is a no parks day with ADR for late breakfast at OHANA!)

Last edited:
We just booked another trip to Disney. We are currently at Port Orleans Riverside - Oct 25th to 29th. We'll be meeting a bunch of friends, so it will be a really fun trip. The weather is usually great this time of year. :)

So I should still be getting Magical Express tickets, ... and then our Magic Bands. When does everything come?

They have been sending the Magical Express luggage tags closer to the trip date. We only got ours about 4 or 5 weeks before our May and upcoming July trips. They used to send them out sooner. Magic Bands get shipped approximately 4 weeks ahead of time. :)

I've started thinking about fastpasses too. This is what I have so far.

10/15/17- AM EP PM AK Fast Passes FOP, Saffari, ROL (Unless I do a ROL dining)
10/16/17- AM HS Fast Passes TSMM, Star Tours, Indy PM MK
10/17/17- AM MK Fast Passes 7DT, Space, Buzz
10/18/17- AM AK Fast Passes NRJ, EE, Dino
10/19/17- AM MK Fast Passes Jungle Cruise, BTMR, Haunted Mansion. PM HS
10/20/17- AM EP Fast Passes Soarin, Mission: Space, Turtle Talk
Those seem like some solid choices! The only FP+ I could never do is Mission: Space. I wonder what is changing with the refurbishment? Maybe I can try it again after it reopens :)

Hi all! I am pretty new here, planning a trip for 14 people in October (14-21) staying at CBR, a little nervous about the construction there...I am enjoying reading about everyone else's planning! It's fun to see others as excited as we are!! :dogdance:

We are deciding how many days in what parks. We are doing 2 days plus one MNSSHP on our swim/DS day. Our arrival day is the last day "up for grabs" and it is between an extra 1/2 day at MK or at DAK. (Departure day is a no parks day with ADR for late breakfast at OHANA!)
Planning is always so exciting! How many MK and AK days do you have throughout the rest of your trip, what time/day are you arriving, and where are you staying? :)

When I am at a MK resort I typically choose MK the first day because it is so close and easy to get back to since I take early flights. lol If you're arriving on a Saturday, MK will be a madhouse (more than usual) with MNSSHP blocking most other nights. People without hoppers will flood MK to get a whole days ticket worth out of Saturday. If you want to do both Pandora attractions with FP+, maybe that could help be a deciding factor since they're tiered?

We just booked another trip to Disney. We are currently at Port Orleans Riverside - Oct 25th to 29th. We'll be meeting a bunch of friends, so it will be a really fun trip. The weather is usually great this time of year. :)

They have been sending the Magical Express luggage tags closer to the trip date. We only got ours about 4 or 5 weeks before our May and upcoming July trips. They used to send them out sooner. Magic Bands get shipped approximately 4 weeks ahead of time. :)
Welcome! I have definitely seen you around the boards (Wilderness around when I was there in March) and am so excited you're going in October! It is my favorite time of year to go. I agree that the weather is so nice!

We've never been there in October! But so many people have told me that it is their favorite!! We are excited. It will be our first MNSSHP (first special event at all!!) Kids are looking forward to meeting new characters, we are all looking forward to the parade and shows!
We will take any and all recommendations for events, schedules, etc!! I am doing most of the planning for all 14 of us!!! I love the planning tho! But I could use the help!!

Hello there and welcome to the group! :welcome:
You are now on the list so you can officially start to plan. ;)

Hello there! :wave: You are now on the list of October Adventurers! (tell all your friends, they'll be jealous :hyper:)

Thanks for the info!

We've never been there in October! But so many people have told me that it is their favorite!! We are excited. It will be our first MNSSHP (first special event at all!!) Kids are looking forward to meeting new characters, we are all looking forward to the parade and shows!
We will take any and all recommendations for events, schedules, etc!! I am doing most of the planning for all 14 of us!!! I love the planning tho! But I could use the help!!

There are a lot of great people on the this thread that would love to help! You can also start reviewing some of the links I have in the very first post to get you going.
And I find myself asking questions on the main boards (theme parks, resorts, restaurants) - people are extremely helpful.

Ask away! :)

Hi everybody!
We go to WDW every October, this year we will only do 2 park days before we head off on our first Disney cruise!

Usually I avoid EMH like the plague, but I'm wondering if anyone has done a day at MK that was both EMH and a MNSSHP day? And how that compares, crowd wise, to a non-EMH MNSSHP day?

We don't plan on attending the party. Usually we go on a party night day, but never been on artsy night day that's also EMH. Lol. I hope that all makes sense.

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter