Hey Dads: Where's BEST DEAL to buy fireworks on drive down to disney?

Massillon Dad

Mouseketeer
....from ohio....Takin I-77 to columbia,SC; then joggin over to east on I-26, then headin down I-95 to daytona beach neck-o-woods then zip over to Orlando. Summer cookout/independence day time: ADULT SUPERVISION BY certified firemen, chief of police, mayor, judge, and priest (so no flames, please). Where's best price fireworks? any rocket/roman candle reccommendations?:wizard:

Not sure about VW and WVA but you can get fireworks in SC and FL. GA sells fireworks but only stuff that emits showers of sparks, nothing that shoots up in the air or explodes.

From what I've seen SC has much better prices than the places in FL. As for places to buy in SC stick to something convenient along your route, you won't save that much by going out of your way to any place in particular. If you are truly interested in looking for deals you can check out places on the way down then buy on the way back.

One truly bizarre law in SC is that they aren't allowed to sell bottle rockets. All other sorts of mortars and rockets but not the little bottle rockets, why I'll never figure out. So if you're looking specifically for bottle rockets try Florida. For anything else SC is the best.

If you go to the Black Cat fireworks website or google fireworks you can see videos of their different aerial displays. We go for mortar shells and aerials. Roman candles lose their allure when you can play with the big stuff. Have fun.

florida doesn't have that great of a selection. I have bought some small mortars before and spent about 10$ a shell, because it was all buy 1 get 1. But this place was down in Miami.

And florida does have some crazy laws... So you're allowed to purchase them for certain reasons, and you have to sign a waiver.

Our route is from Illinois so I can't help with your locations, but if any others are interested, this MOM ;) likes Big Daddy's in TN, (Whiting, I think, just off 24 near the KY border)
Nothing like a photo loading up the van( complete with Big Daddy's sign in the background) with fireworks for the family vacation album!:thumbsup2

I would suggest modifying your route a little. From Columbia, pick up 20 instead of 26. When you hit 95 go North about 30 miles to South Of The Border. They have an extremely large fireworks store called Fort Pedro.

You will find the signs, as you head North on 95, to be very funny and interesting. And SOTB sets the World Standard for tacky; you may really enjoy the place. It is right at the NC/SC line at I95.

They sell big packages right in the Walmarts in FL, even here in CT.
The laws have changed a bit here, they have eased up alot, some of the stuff is pretty nice, not professional grade but if you shoot two or three at a time you can have a pretty good display.
I would stop on the way down, check out what they have in Fl, then pick up the best stuff on the way back if the stuff was better on the road.
I know South of the Border is well known for their fireworks, but I used to stop there with my boys and their prices are higher because they are the most well know place. There are places just south of SOB that are cheaper. Signs are posted all over the highway for fireworks.
PS Moms like fireworks too!!!!!!

We love our fireworks too. We got some great buys at South of the Border. Man oh Man is that place tacky tacky tacky.

i loved south of the border. Of course i was a little kid on a road trip with my grandparents. Although they liked the hotel we stayed at so much on the drive through, they said we'd stay there on the way home. Which we did. And some one left some thing in the room, and it was waiting at the hotel when we passed through again.

Sorry... Off topic...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter