• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here's the postcard thread for returning/future cruisers - "Pay-it-forward!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

moinab

<font color=009966>That's M.O. in A.B.<br><font co
This thread is being closed due to Verandah Man who has carried on this tradition for so many years is no longer able to continue at this time. A new thread has been started for a fresh start of this effort. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=32304591#post32304591. If you have posted on this thread and have not received a PM in response, please repost on the new thread. Thank you to Andy who has made so many children so very happy over the years! :)

Please read these guidelines before posting on this thread! Thanks!

This is the thread to post a request for a postcard to be sent to your children from someone who has returned from a DCL cruise.

Here is how to do it:

For returning cruisers with postcards to send:

Reply by PM to a request on this thread. (Please don't post that you have postcards available and ask people to PM you with requests. You will be getting requests long after you have run out of postcards!)

For future cruisers requesting a postcard

1. Post a request on this thread. Please try to limit your request to one postcard per address, if possible.
example: "We are cruising on the Magic in October. Can someone send a postcard to my child/ren? Thanks!"

2. A returned cruiser will send you a PM, letting you know they can fulfill your request.

3. Reply to the PM. Please include names, address, date of cruise, which ship you will be on, and which character you'd like to "sign" the card, even if you have already posted that information on this thread. (Including all the info in the PM makes it easier for the sender to get the card out.) Also, you can include any special message you'd like the writer to include, if desired.

4. Important! Go back to your original post, click on the "edit" button (bottom right of the post), add in a message to say that your request has been filled, and click on "Save Changes". This will make it easier for us to know who is taken care of, and who still needs a reply.

5. Enjoy the postcard and the cruise! :boat: Remember to grab a couple of postcards (they are provided in each stateroom, or you can buy some on board), and when you get back, please visit this thread again and reply to a request. Pay it forward!

Thank you to everyone who participates. This is a lot of fun, and it's great reading the stories about the children receiving their cards! :sunny:

Also, I will continue to offer my FL address for people requiring a FL postmark, for suspicious, older children. ;) Postcard senders can mail me the card in an envelope, and I'll make sure it gets a FL postmark!

I hope this all makes sense! :crazy:

Maureen

gallaj0,

We will be cruising on the 10/30/04 Magic, and it is the first cruise for our 4 children (DS 10, DS 7, DS 3 and DD 2)

It would be great if you could send a postcard - I would be happy to do the same for anyone when we go. Thanks!

Request has been filled! Thanks!!

could you PM me also, it's easier to keep track that way.

One down, 4 to go.

Yeah! :jumping1: This is great!

FYI, postcards sent from CC can take up to a month (or more?) to make their way back to the US. Just so y'all know, it might take a little while. ::yes::

I'll be going in a few weeks and will get some extra post cards as well. ::yes::

Just curious, I replied to the old thread in early july and got a reply that cards for my kids would be sent out in a few days. As of yet, haven't gotten them yet. How long do they usually take to get them? :confused3

Just curious, I replied to the old thread in early july and got a reply that cards for my kids would be sent out in a few days. As of yet, haven't gotten them yet. How long do they usually take to get them?
It shouldn't take more than 2 weeks, at most. Usually, they arrive within a week.

Send me a PM with your info. I'm mailing cards out tomorrow.

Got my limit!!!

Will be sending postcards to:

Riley & Nicole in CA
Shane & Emily in PA
Keirnan in NY

and Maria's two little boys (don't have their names yet).

I will be cruising in december and would love to get a postcard sent to my dd2 and ds6. It doesn't have to have a florida postmark on it. Thanks! And of course i will send some out when i get there also!

edited to add
Thank you moinab for taking care of this for me.

Hello there,
I would be most happy to help - I don't know how I can since I don't have the postcards, but I would be most happy to mail them from cape Canaveral, Florida, but they will have an Orlando Postmark.
Just drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com
Always
Shirley

I too am always happy to send postcards. They can be from Castaway Cay if you can coordinate them with one of my cruises (next ones are 9/9 and Thanksgiving weekend), or else I can make sure they are mailed from Disney World as we are in Orlando just about every other weekend. PM me or email me at disneycruise@mailblocks.com
We have a few DCL postcards; otherwise, if we mail them from Orlando, they might be Disney World cards.
Barb

I'd like to have 3 postcards sent please. We're going on the 7 Day Mexican Riviera cruise on June 18th. I have 6 DCL postcards left from our cruise in 2001 and 2 Castaway Cay stamps (55 cent stamps) that I can send to the person who will be doing the mailing. I'd prefer a Florida postmark please (I'll gladly provide the US stamps for the 3 postcards that I'd like sent).

I will gladly return the favor for those who need postcards with a California postmark (Disneyland/DCA/Mexican Rivera DCL).

Thanks so much!

***Request filled. Thanks Moina!***

We are taking a 7 night Mexican Riviera Cruise Next May 2005. I have 3 children and would love for them to have a postcard. Something Disney out of California would be Wonderful!!! I would be happy to recipricate. I have post cards from our last disney cruise or I will get some from our Mexican Cruise to forward for you. Please email me at tchoney@vnet.net

THANKS!!!!

Please send me a PM with your information and I will gladly send a postcard from either Orlando or Castaway Cay.

My son was so excited to receive his postcard and carried it around for a couple of days. I would love to make another child as happy!

Christy

Requesting a Stitch postcard before our WDW-cruise in October 23-30, 2004. From WDW or anywhere on the cruise itineraries (Stich is a traveler, after all, has anyone ever seen him on the ships?). Will return, or pay it forward, favor in October. PM me please.

My request has been filled, thanks Maureen!

Carla

Yes, Stitch is on the ships :D
Got my photo with him, but Lilo has been evasive so far. There is a new Stitch store in the MK sin Tomorrowland, so I'm sure they must have Stitch postcards there (haven't see any on the ship).
Barb

If it's not to late, we are cruising on September 9th and would love a postcard for DS and DD. I will grab some postcards also while I am onboard. Thanks!

If it's not to late, we are cruising on September 9th and would love a postcard for DS and DD. I will grab some postcards also while I am onboard. Thanks!

That's pretty soon! Send me a PM with your info, and I'll get a card out on Monday.

We are going to be on the Wonder departing 9/26, but since we are doing the Land/Sea, we will actually be leaving home on 9/22.

Is there anyone who can send a postcard to my 8yo son? Anything Disney Cruise related would be great!

Thank you!

Kris

My request has been filled by Crisi -- wow, I'm totally impressed! Crisi sent a darling postcard of Goofy leaning on the railing of Deck 10. On the back of the card she wrote a nice note to my son using Disney handwriting! My son was so excited and so were my daughters :-)

Thank you!!! Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter