Here's a simple map of WDW resorts and parks.

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
The new Riviera Resort is located at the approximate position of "E1" on the map.

WDW-Prop_081717_zpsykbydx5a.jpg

Last edited:

Is it possible to walk to Animal Kingdom from any resort? I would have thought Animal Kingdom Lodge but I read that that’s a no-go.

Shucks. Well now I know! I still want to stay there though. It’s a bucket list thing.
But oddly enough down the street there is a sidewalk connecting all 3 all star resorts to CSR. So if you stay at any of those you can walk to Blizzard Beach and McDonalds

Reactions: EmJ
That is a wish of all WDW people. Especially DVC people. Talk about it all the time.
It really seems like they should have connected Animal Kingdom Resort and Animal Kingdom, but what do I know 😜 I'm obviously not familiar with the area; would it be possible to connect them with a skybridge or anything, or is this just an absolutely-never-gonna-happen situation? It seems so weird to me that you can sit on a balcony and overlook the savannah, but have to get on a bus to enter the park.

It really seems like they should have connected Animal Kingdom Resort and Animal Kingdom, but what do I know 😜 I'm obviously not familiar with the area; would it be possible to connect them with a skybridge or anything, or is this just an absolutely-never-gonna-happen situation? It seems so weird to me that you can sit on a balcony and overlook the savannah, but have to get on a bus to enter the park.
Not sure if this is what you are saying or not, but the savanna you see at AKL is not the same one you see in the park. They are much further apart than that.

Not sure if this is what you are saying or not, but the savanna you see at AKL is not the same one you see in the park. They are much further apart than that.
Oooohhhh... well silly me. That makes way more sense then. Thanks for the clarification!

As a DVC member at AKL, we have been told by AKL Castmembers that the land between the lodge and the park is basically swamp. That is why a path was never built. I have not confirmed this with any outside source. So, take it for what it is worth.

As a DVC member at AKL, we have been told by AKL Castmembers that the land between the lodge and the park is basically swamp. That is why a path was never built. I have not confirmed this with any outside source. So, take it for what it is worth.
The entirety of WDW is basically swamp.

When I first heard that AKL was being built I thought “cool, nice to have a hotel you can walk to AK from”. I was very disappointed to find that wasn’t the case!

LOL, of course it is. I should of stopped and thought about it before I posted. But do you want to hear what bus driver said...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter