Here now- things to bring and trip notes

Hi all! I have gotten many great tips here so I wanted to share some updated things we have learned and general thoughts.

Thanks to a tip here, we got Beyond Charcuterie delivered today and it was amazing. Find her on Instagram and order!

Bring your masks and wear them. Most people have been great indoors and in the lobby areas but I hate seeing cast members having to remind/beg/ask people.

Things to bring that we have found really helpful:

Reusable water bottles or cups (we have Starbucks insulated ones)
A small soft sided cooler for taking drinks to the beach and pool with ice
Extra Ziploc bags for packing snacks and ice
The normal beach stuff etc.

Specific to DVC or suites-
10-12 cup coffee filters. There are prepacked Joffery's in the room but we brought our own coffee..there are no filters anywhere for purchase close by.
Salt and pepper- fatal error. Last time we grabbed little packets from Ulu but they don't have them out now. There is none to buy at Aulani or ABC!
Throw in some paper plates, if you have room. So you don't have to wash dishes as often.

Note- the ice maker in our fridge doesn't work. We aren't sure if it is off or broken. But you can get ice on every floor for your freezer.

I'm so glad you were able to try Beyond Charcuterie Dreams! She was a great find on Instagram & I hope she will continue to grow. Our families aren't getting together for the holidays, so hopefully we'll be able to order from her again in 2022.

Your trip notes are very helpful! Sounds like you had a great stay! Come back soon!

I'm so glad you were able to try Beyond Charcuterie Dreams! She was a great find on Instagram & I hope she will continue to grow. Our families aren't getting together for the holidays, so hopefully we'll be able to order from her again in 2022.

Your trip notes are very helpful! Sounds like you had a great stay! Come back soon!
Just reached out to her for our trip in January.

This sounds fanstastic but I don’t have Instagram. Do they have FB or an email address? Would love to support them and source some quality snacks during our stay next month.

Just returned from Aulani and wanted to share our rental car experience after I was concerned reading previous posts. As Gold Hertz members, we were still almost able to just jump in the car and go. We still had to stop at the desk to pick up keys but there was a separate line for Gold members and there was only one family in front when we arrived. However, we did have issues just finding the rental car pick-up area at the airport. We followed the signs and ended up in the new parking garage which was for rental returns only. We had to back track with all our luggage to find the other garage where rental car pick-ups were located. This wouldn't have been as big of an issue if we didn't have elderly family trying to pull luggage.

I find this to be especially true with large or specialty vehicles. Jeeps, vans, etc. are used by surfers and other outdoorsy tourists for more than just getting from Point A to Point B on paved roads.
Kinda interested in where you all are renting. I rented a car through Budget via CostCo twice in the last month at HNL. Both time is was very quick and easy to get the car and be on the way. No less than 15 minutes in any lines, and I loved that you didn't have to stop at the exit once you got your car. Only downside is you don't get to pick the car, its assigned to you at the counter.

Aulani was operating at about 85% this past summer. 15% of the rooms were taken out of inventory due to the soft goods refurb. We were last there in early October (Hawaii’s fall break) and most of our nights were either sold out or close to being sold out but it never felt unbearably crowded. I don’t believe there are any government-imposed restrictions on hotel occupancy anymore so yes, the resort could be at 100% if the soft goods refurb has been completed.
100% of the inventory that Aulani has released is being used. However, I find it hard to believe that they are using even 50% of their actual rooms. The resort is nowhere busy enough for both towers to be at even 50% occupancy.

Just returned from Aulani and wanted to share our rental car experience after I was concerned reading previous posts. As Gold Hertz members, we were still almost able to just jump in the car and go. We still had to stop at the desk to pick up keys but there was a separate line for Gold members and there was only one family in front when we arrived. However, we did have issues just finding the rental car pick-up area at the airport. We followed the signs and ended up in the new parking garage which was for rental returns only. We had to back track with all our luggage to find the other garage where rental car pick-ups were located. This wouldn't have been as big of an issue if we didn't have elderly family trying to pull luggage.

I'm Hertz Five Star and this was my experience too. I went straight to the car rentals (left the family at luggage) to try to beat the crowd. I also had trouble finding it at first, but when i got there I was first in the Gold line. I much prefer going straight to the car, but this was not bad.

In terms of getting back to the terminal to pick up the people/luggage after getting the car, it was not difficult to find. Probably took 5-10 minutes to go around the loop I think they waited longer for the bags than it took me to get the car. It wasn't a long walk to return the car, but if you have a big family, mobility impaired people, or a lot of luggage its easy enough to get the car then pick them up.

unacceptable. but remember this is a company that let a beloved dog and handler go to save a literal buck.

I know that I am a bit late to this, but Hawaii still has a gathering limit of 10 people indoors. So they can not open Aunty's like it used to be since they are limited on how many kids that they can let in. Imagine hearing that Aunty's is open and you get there but there was not enough room for your kid. The amount of harassment these cast members would get from irate parents would be reason enough not to open it.

I know that I am a bit late to this, but Hawaii still has a gathering limit of 10 people indoors. So they can not open Aunty's like it used to be since they are limited on how many kids that they can let in. Imagine hearing that Aunty's is open and you get there but there was not enough room for your kid. The amount of harassment these cast members would get from irate parents would be reason enough not to open it.
While we were there last week, the Gov announced lifting the state mandated limits starting today. Disney probably has it's own limits but it's a start to opening more options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!