Here Now March 2016 , Now Home Last Thoughts

Movies are Friday and Monday. Monday was Planes, Friday is not yet posted.

Front desk says the only thing on their activities calendar for Easter is the Easter Dinner, but they have not seen the actual Easter Week calendar in their schedule window.
Thank you so much for the info! I really appreciate you finding that out for me. Mahalo!! Leaving on a jet plane in 9 hours!!! :)

Mahalo, safe travel and enjoy your stay.

Today is another beautiful day, nothing planned - going with the wind.

Last edited:
Really enjoying your updates! When you went to Pearl Harbor, were you able to take the boat out to the USS Arizona? I follow their Facebook page and it looks like the boats have been suspended a lot lately due to high winds.

Pearl was awesome, reverent and beautiful at the same time, so glad we visited.

Weather was calm, and I realized the the US Navy sails the shuttle ferries, very professional.

Go early and get you time tickets on line, it gets very busy.

I meant to mention that the adult hot tub is STILL out of order. Looks like it has been down for a while and I don't see any effort to repair.

Also main hot tub closed today.

Still a great day, very laid back.

Breakfast at Ama Ama and take out pizza dinner from Pizza Corner back in the villa for the family.

skunkvette, I wanna thank you for posting details about your stay at Aulani! I've never heard in details about trips to this paradise!
I hope one day I'll be able to go, it seems to be amazing! :)

Comment on Pizza Corner across the street, we carried out two pizza and one order of garlic knots, fed six adults with left overs for around $60.

Pizza was decent, fresh and hot. Even though the place was busy when we walked up and ordered, the pizza was ready in under 20 minutes. The also served us garlic knots as we waited.

Comment on Pizza Corner across the street, we carried out two pizza and one order of garlic knots, fed six adults with left overs for around $60.

Pizza was decent, fresh and hot. Even though the place was busy when we walked up and ordered, the pizza was ready in under 20 minutes. The also served us garlic knots as we waited.

They also deliver free to Aulani!

I've heard good things about pizza corner! We'll keep that on our "don't feel like getting dressed up for a nice dinner" list :)

Just tried the Mickey Spam Sushi at Ulu Cafe, surprisingly good!

Hot lunch today at the cafe is a chicken pot pie/open face that looks terrific, but we went with the shrimp tacos pool side.

Life is good!

We got here last night. It's quite quiet today. Was talking to a lifeguard and she said the Resort is going to be 95% capacity starting tomorrow. Yikes!! Should have come last week.

We got here last night. It's quite quiet today. Was talking to a lifeguard and she said the Resort is going to be 95% capacity starting tomorrow. Yikes!! Should have come last week.

Hope you have as much fun as we did, we leave tomorrow AM.

Will post summary of our trip in the next few days but in one word: UNBELIEVABLE.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your live report. Aulani is a special place, isn't it? Safe travels today.

Ok, we are back home and semi-well rested, so glad we allowed an added day to recover from travels before going back to work on Monday.

Random thoughts on our just completed eight night trip, our first to Hawaii and to Aulani:

- Flight from the East Coast is a bear. If we go ever go back, we would have to break it up the travel better.
- Oahu is beautiful and we would need more time to explore more of it.
- Resort is spectacular, but not without some issues. Adult hot tub, main elevator lobby on our wing (which meant a good size detour especially if you were carrying luggage or packages) were both down all stay. Main hot tub and two pools including adult only pool were down for different time frames. Construction next door is loud especially near the adult only areas.
- Service is four star level, for the most part, with some bumps. Two or three cast members encountered could only be best described as miserable in mood.But there were some that were stars.
- Housekeeping was some of the best we have ever experienced.
- Don't know if renting a car for the entire stay is really the best option. Next time we would rent a car as needed from the resort and shuttle / limo from the airport.
- Need more dining options in house, especially after hours (post 8 PM).
- Dinner buffet is terrible, no other words for it. Maybe it was a bad night, but we are anything but finicky eaters but we walked away hungry.
- Had fantastic meals at Ama Ama, I know it is expensive but the quality shines through. Celebrated my birthday there the last night and I had the best rack of lamb that I have ever eaten.
- Night life is nonexistent. After 8:30 PM they roll up the sidewalks. Not an adult targeted resort.
- People are rude even in paradise, I hate when you hold open an elevator door and get no "Thanks", or the other way, when people getting off the elevator see you waiting for them to exit and don't hold the door for you. These elevators were very fast service, if you did not get the door in a few seconds , the car was off on another call. Not everyone, but enough to notice. But people will be people where ever they are, it is the same in the Parks.
- Driving on the other hand is a pleasure, not anything like driving in a major city on the main land.

Now the big question, after our first Aulani experience, would we go back....really not 100% sure, but if we do, then we will allow more than ten days to travel.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter