Here now...crowd calendars WAY off!

Okay I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that easywdw has listened to your feedback and I have revised the crowd calendar accordingly. Bad news is that it's sort of last minute! Sorry! Good news is that the crowd levels and recommendations won't change no matter when you're visiting. So just plug these numbers into your week. Crowd levels now go from 7 to 17 and I've revised the recommendations to be in line with current trends:

iLfZesE.jpg

Hopefully this will be the end of these sorts of threads.

So if November is all 17's, what can I expect in December??? I'm thinking 3's would work for me... yeah 3's would work.

So if November is all 17's, what can I expect in December??? I'm thinking 3's would work for me... yeah 3's would work.

For $20 I could do all 16.5's and you can decide which way you want to round it, provided you sign a release that stipulates you can't come back and make a thread titled, "easyWDW SAID IT WAS A 16 AND IT WAS ACTUALLY A 17!!1!"

For $20 I could do all 16.5's and you can decide which way you want to round it, provided you sign a release that stipulates you can't come back and make a thread titled, "easyWDW SAID IT WAS A 16 AND IT WAS ACTUALLY A 17!!1!"

Done deal. 16's seem reasonable, buyer beware!!!

We were also there last week and followed the crowd calendars the 8th-11th and did MK for the 12th and 13th. My family kept commenting that the parks were much less busy than they expected - and we are November people, not busy season people.

Other than the area where the parade filmed (rest of the park was fine) and Saturday night at Epcot (which I said was a very bad idea), I just didn't see what others are describing.

I should add my brother HATES crowds. Even 5:15 grocery store crowd levels freak him out but once we got him through the hub, he was absolutely fine.

You'd think that eventually the parks will get to that point where people STOP going back because they can't justify the cost and the value they are getting.

The value you are getting for your park ticket is diminished immensely when the park is crowded and you have to wait 30+ minutes for even the "basic" rides. Plus add in the fact that you have to wait long periods of time just to eat or even get anywhere. People (generally) don't like paying a lot of money to wait in lines.

It's why Disney did Fast Pass .. they probably saw their park attendance increasing and knew they would need something to appease guests during crowded times (and it seems to do that trick) . .imagine the complaints if people had these crowd levels and couldn't "guarantee" to skip the lines on 3 rides?
Of course they could have put that 2 billion into building new attractions which would have had a much better impact than rubber bracelets (of course this is contingent on them building things like 7dmt and not Stitch).

Okay I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that easywdw has listened to your feedback and I have revised the crowd calendar accordingly. Bad news is that it's sort of last minute! Sorry! Good news is that the crowd levels and recommendations won't change no matter when you're visiting. So just plug these numbers into your week. Crowd levels now go from 7 to 17 and I've revised the recommendations to be in line with current trends:

iLfZesE.jpg

Hopefully this will be the end of these sorts of threads.
You're the best!

Maybe. I feel like back when I planned this trip last year, the weekdays were supposed to be 4s, and it was a recommended week on one of the websites. I think supposed to be the 4th or 5th best week to go all year (?). And even if they were "average" days (5/6), it seems like if they are taking your admission money there is an implicit obligation to provide entertainment value in exchange (and waiting in line isn't fun). Three guaranteed rides for the cost of a ticket is pretty expensive "per ride".

WDW isn't for everyone. As hard as that is for some of us diehards to believe, it's absolutely true. Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of awesome vacation destinations out there. I have some very good friends and family who either 1) Don't consider crowds and the hustle/bustle of WDW fun AT ALL, or 2) Would stress constantly about the pre planning, and also be stressed that they weren't maximizing their vacation while at WDW.

As far as the truly lowest crowds of the years, look at the weeks in September. You will actually see 1's, 2's, 3's. That's been getting more and more crowded too, but so has the entire year at WDW. It's still THE slowest time of the year overall.

Dan

One humble primary source--we are here now. MK crowded yesterday, but I've seen it much worse. It is worse than I expected, especially having consulted multiple crowd calendars. At the same time, we used FP for typically long wait rides, and nothing else was a longer wait than about 40 minutes. The craziest line I saw was for Columbia Harbour House around noon. Wow. Epcot today, last day of food and wine, busy, but similar to MK yesterday. Did not wait longer than four or five minutes for food kiosks. All-in-all, not as slow as when I usually come (week following Dr. King's birthday), but not so bad.

We were at the same parks on the days you were. Our experience was about the same. Yes it's crowded but the lines seemed to move faster than the posted wait times. We did AK yesterday and they extended the hours from 5 to 6. The lines were moving well and we rode Kali and the safari multiple times. When we were getting lunch a cast member said AK was dead on Monday. Off to the studios today.

We did HS today. Rope-drop TSMM was a 30 minute wait for us, kind of in the middle of the crowd. Then 4 of my group (children and Grandma) rode it again with FP+. 2 adults used FP+ at Rockin.

Then we all walked on to Star Tours.

Then FP+ TOT, and when we got off a CM asked us if we'd all like to ride again, took us up a CM elevator and put us right back on. I don't know why! My kids were thrilled.

Then FP+ for Star Tours...I was scared at first because the FP line was out the gate, but it turned out they'd just held people there because we waited only a few minutes. By the way ST has Episode 7 stuff...

There are lots of FP'S left for today. We left to go swimming after that. Very easy morning.

We went to Magic yesterday and I did not think it was crowded at all. From the actual people to the stand by lines -- Typical Tuesday in my book.

We had FP's for all the mountains from basically 1:00 - 3:00 and even rode Jingle Cruise (20 minute stand by), Mansion (30 minute stand by) & Pirates (15 minute stand by) before leaving. We arrived in the park at 12:30 and were out by 5:00 and were able to ride six attractions and eat lunch with no issues at all in that time frame.

To me, not crowded at all and yesterday Magic closed early for MVMCP as well. When we were leaving, Splash was at 20 minutes, Thunder was 10 & Pirates was at 20, stand by times.

Last edited:
Of course they could have put that 2 billion into building new attractions which would have had a much better impact than rubber bracelets (of course this is contingent on them building things like 7dmt and not Stitch).
They are getting there.

I guess I'd rather have the plastic bracelets in place first so WHEN the new attractions show up you can have a shot and getting a fast pass for it and skipping the long lines (like SDMT has been).

All-in-all, not as slow as when I usually come (week following Dr. King's birthday), but not so bad.

Glad to read this - we are arriving for that week in 2016 and are hoping to enjoy much lower crowds than our last trip in June of 2014, understanding of course that the holiday itself may be very busy.

I think some lips maybe a little tired from all the puckering up that's going on in this thread.

And I'm sure some people know exactly what I mean. LOL

I don't know.. Being snarky and belittling people's opinions isn't exactly my cup of tea. I'm all for information and defending ones position but, I also think it can be done in a professional manner.

And that's all I will say about that.

I think some lips maybe a little tired from all the puckering up that's going on in this thread.

And I'm sure some people know exactly what I mean. LOL

I don't know.. Being snarky and belittling people's opinions isn't exactly my cup of tea. I'm all for information and defending ones position but, I also think it can be done in a professional manner.

And that's all I will say about that.

Hmm you kind of jumped on his case on page 2 before he even replied here. You seem to have a grudge.

I'm not defending the guy, because I don't know him. I appreciate his cheat sheets and maps and hope they are as useful as I think they will be next month.

He has a sense of humor that not all appreciate. It's no reason to jump on his case.

Hmm you kind of jumped on his case on page 2 before he even replied here. You seem to have a grudge.

I'm not defending the guy, because I don't know him. I appreciate his cheat sheets and maps and hope they are as useful as I think they will be next month.

He has a sense of humor that not all appreciate. It's no reason to jump on his case.

Ridiculous. Why in earth would I have a grudge against him? I've never met him, know almost nothing about him.
I simply pointed out the fact he may have been wrong on a certain day recently. And I used his prediction as a point because I use them all the time!! This thread is to discuss crowd calendars being way off, his is one of the most popular.. seemed reasonable he would be brought into this discussion in one way or the other.. Lol

I get accused of having some kind of grudge against him when I merely pointed out I thought some of the replies in this thread were snarky and condescending.

He's a celebrity around here and some seem to totally love him. Fine. My point is he can be snarky and just because it's all a part of his sense of humor doesn't mean it's ok all the time. We aren't on his website now and people don't always have to think he's right about everything. He can be wrong people, come on. Lol. Me pointing that out doesn't mean I have a grudge.. Goodness!!
It doesn't have to be all or nothing.. I can enjoy his website and use his tools and not think he is a god or something and If I think he's wrong on occasion it doesn't mean I hold a grudge..

As far as it being a part of his humor, sorry I just think it's a little mean spirited at times. On his site his humor can be amusing in his reviews but, I just thought it wasn't appropriate on this forum, mocking fellow posters. If some people enjoy that type of thing fine.. It's not really my cup of tea.

Last edited:
I have been to WDW several times and always had much luck following the crowd calendars. With that being said I haven't been there for 4 years (much has changed since then). We were just there last week and had NO LUCK with following any schedule of the crowd calendars. It was the most crowded I have ever seen it - every park. I attribute this mostly to free dining. I am afraid Disney will always be this crowded from now on. They are doing a great job at promoting and I appreciate that. But this Disney mom is very sad the days of less crowded times seem to be gone.....

We were at MK again today, as well as Tuesday and crowds were low and wait times very low too. I still think this is a great week to be at Disney, just need to pick your parks and days carefully.

We were at MK again today, as well as Tuesday and crowds were low and wait times very low too. I still think this is a great week to be at Disney, just need to pick your parks and days carefully.

I think those were both party days. I think I've heard party days tend to have lower crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter