Here now...crowd calendars WAY off!

Okay I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that easywdw has listened to your feedback and I have revised the crowd calendar accordingly. Bad news is that it's sort of last minute! Sorry! Good news is that the crowd levels and recommendations won't change no matter when you're visiting. So just plug these numbers into your week. Crowd levels now go from 7 to 17 and I've revised the recommendations to be in line with current trends:

iLfZesE.jpg

Hopefully this will be the end of these sorts of threads.

Spinal Tap's speakers went up to 11. 17 doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense.

It also looks like you ripped off the calendar format from easywdw.com. You probably shouldn't do that. I'm sure someone on here will report you to the operators of easywdw.com and you could get in some trouble. I'd delete your post if I were you. You don't want the disboards mods to ban you for stealing somebody else's intellectual property.

Spinal Tap's speakers went up to 11. 17 doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense.

It also looks like you ripped off the calendar format from easywdw.com. You probably shouldn't do that. I'm sure someone on here will report you to the operators of easywdw.com and you could get in some trouble. I'd delete your post if I were you. You don't want the disboards mods to ban you for stealing somebody else's intellectual property.
I'm pretty sure Josh IS easywdw!

We were in the parks the 14-17th and agree that the parks were much busier than posted crowd predictions, but we still managed to do basically everything we wanted and had a fantastic trip. AK the afternoon of Saturday the 14th seemed very crowded, but the ride lines weren't bad at all with the exception of the safari. We were told there had been animals blocking the trail which backed things way up. We waited about 30 minutes with a FP, but nothing you could do about that. EE single rider was literally a walk on. We waited longer in the FP+ line the first time we rode. Saturday night Osborne Lights was busy, but we expected that. The park closed at 9:30 and at about 8:30 we got in line for TSMM and waited 30 minutes. The posted wait time was 50 minutes. Sunday at MK was busy. Since it was a party day we were expecting it to be a bit lighter crowd wise, but again it wasn't unbearable. Thankfully we had a pre-park BOG breakfast and were able to do SDMT before rope drop crowd arrived. We got to PP at exactly 9AM and the posted wait was 45 minutes. :crazy2: I hadn't seen the new queue and it didn't look like a 45 minute line to me, so we hopped in. We waited about 20 minutes. Crowds really picked up as the morning went on so we headed out of there early in the afternoon. Epcot was packed when we went to Via Napoli later on for dinner. Wall to wall people. :crowded: We knew it would be since it was last weekend of F&W. Monday at Epcot was so much better. We even got TT as a 4th FP at around noon. We are a party of 2 so it could have been just luck, but we were happy. Lines for the F&W kiosks weren't bad at all.

Glad to hear things have lightened up a bit these last few days!

I'll take my chances.

I think some lips maybe a little tired from all the puckering up that's going on in this thread.

And I'm sure some people know exactly what I mean. LOL

I don't know.. Being snarky and belittling people's opinions isn't exactly my cup of tea. I'm all for information and defending ones position but, I also think it can be done in a professional manner.

And that's all I will say about that.

I don't think you can get snarky about someone not acting in a "professional manner" if you aren't, you know, paying him.*

* Or maybe you don't know what "professional" means?

We just did the last 5 days at the parks and had great experiences at all of them. We did everything we wanted to do and more. Most rides we were able to ride multiple times. We followed Josh's recommendations and it worked out great for us. Posted wait times seemed inflated for pretty much everything.

The irony in this is just outstanding.
I don't think you can get snarky about someone not acting in a "professional manner" if you aren't, you know, paying him.*

* Or maybe you don't know what "professional" means?

If he doesn't make a dime from his website you would actually have a great point. And score one for you.. Yay!!! However,
I'm pretty sure he makes money from his books and website.. Just because I do not personally pay him does not mean WDW isn't a part of his livelihood so that makes it HIS profession. Which in turn makes it UNprofessional if he goes on another WDW site and throws around his snarky comments aimed at other posters when discussing WDW.

I get it.. People love him and jump to his defense. Ok. What I don't get is why some of those defending him have to take that same road of being condescending and a little snarky.

I actually have used his site for every trip and recommended it to pretty much everyone I know taking a WDW trip. I will still do that in the future but, this entire thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Being nice to others, respectful and trying not to demean them is always a good thing.
I sometimes forget not everyone takes that approach in life.. Some of the comments on this thread prove that.

We were just there nov 15-18th. Sunday in Epcot in the World Showcase was pretty crowded, but we just avoided the World Showcase and it was fine. The only other time we really felt like it was "crowded" was on Wednesday at the Magic Kingdom. We got what we wanted to see done in the morning and went to Epcot which felt like it was pretty much Empty. I had never been in November, and usually go in September, it didn't feel much different crowd wise to me. The crowds seemed to go in waves. Some parts of the parks were really crowded, but if you moved to a different area it was fine.

We were at MK today, and had a super time. Predictions for crowds were a 2 out of 10. It seemed much busier and was probably closer to a 4 or 5. But here is what we did, staying in the parks until 7pm:

BOG pre opening ADR
Met Anna and Elsa
Rode Peter Pan, Pooh, IASW, Under the Sea, HM, SM, BTMRR, Dumbo, Barnstormer, tomorrowland Speedway, Tea cups, Mine Train, People Mover
We also watched Philharmagic
We also met Merida, Peter Pan, Pooh and Tigger, and Lady trek amine and the step sisters
We also did BBB and had luch at CRT

I guess when you get this much done, it doesn't matter if it is a 2 or a 5.

And that's all I will say about that.

Ridiculous. Why in earth would I have a grudge against him? I've never met him, know almost nothing about him.
I simply pointed out the fact he may have been wrong on a certain day recently. And I used his prediction as a point because I use them all the time!! This thread is to discuss crowd calendars being way off, his is one of the most popular.. seemed reasonable he would be brought into this discussion in one way or the other.. Lol

I get accused of having some kind of grudge against him when I merely pointed out I thought some of the replies in this thread were snarky and condescending.

He's a celebrity around here and some seem to totally love him. Fine. My point is he can be snarky and just because it's all a part of his sense of humor doesn't mean it's ok all the time. We aren't on his website now and people don't always have to think he's right about everything. He can be wrong people, come on. Lol. Me pointing that out doesn't mean I have a grudge.. Goodness!!
It doesn't have to be all or nothing.. I can enjoy his website and use his tools and not think he is a god or something and If I think he's wrong on occasion it doesn't mean I hold a grudge..

As far as it being a part of his humor, sorry I just think it's a little mean spirited at times. On his site his humor can be amusing in his reviews but, I just thought it wasn't appropriate on this forum, mocking fellow posters. If some people enjoy that type of thing fine.. It's not really my cup of tea.

If he doesn't make a dime from his website you would actually have a great point. And score one for you.. Yay!!! However,
I'm pretty sure he makes money from his books and website.. Just because I do not personally pay him does not mean WDW isn't a part of his livelihood so that makes it HIS profession. Which in turn makes it UNprofessional if he goes on another WDW site and throws around his snarky comments aimed at other posters when discussing WDW.

I get it.. People love him and jump to his defense. Ok. What I don't get is why some of those defending him have to take that same road of being condescending and a little snarky.

I actually have used his site for every trip and recommended it to pretty much everyone I know taking a WDW trip. I will still do that in the future but, this entire thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Being nice to others, respectful and trying not to demean them is always a good thing.
I sometimes forget not everyone takes that approach in life.. Some of the comments on this thread prove that.

I had a feeling...

I had a feeling...

I have used your website, recommended your book, raved about you to everyone I know going to WDW.

These forums should be a safe place to discuss things. Sure you have a right to defend yourself and participate but, is it really necessary to mock me?
I'm just some mother from mid America who loves WDW and used to love checking out all the websites including yours.

I have learned my lesson. Some people cannot be questioned on here.. And some people like me need to just keep my thoughts to myself or else risk being humiliated.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I'll try this one first. Does anyone have a video of the MK opening this morning? We were the opening family and would love to have a video of it. Thanks!!!! :love:
I actually do!! We were excited you were from Michigan.

So we went to Disney World for the first time last week (Wednesday thru Sat the 14th). We loved loved loved the Disney hotel but will never return to a Disney World park. It was just too crowded for all of us (even though we specifically planned to come at a low crowd week), and the things that we thought were great (like the Christmas lights at Hollywood Studios and the Food and Wine booths) were too crowded to enjoy. We felt like cattle being herded to the slaughterhouse at the Osborne Lights. The Magic Kingdom on Thursday and Friday seemed crazy busy to us-they were filming a TV parade show on the main street so we couldn't really see what was on it, and my kids couldn't last more than a few (very expensive) hours in those crowds before begging to go back to the hotel pool. We had park days we didn't even use b/c my kids didn't want to go to another crowded place (and we were planning on Animal Kingdom Saturday as was apparently everyone else!) And to pay $500 for your family to go to a theme park and then see lines for 60 min+ to ride a two minute ride? That is insane. You are paying for admission with the assumption that you should be able to do most of the park activities, not stand in line all day or only get to ride your 3 fast pass rides.

I guess I really don't understand all the hype over the theme parks. DH claimed it reminded him of a Truman Show type human experiment. Wait in line for the tram, wait in line to get your bag checked, wait in line to pay to get in for the privilege of waiting in line for food, to ride rides or see shows, etc. Maybe lots of people will agree with me this year and it will be less crowded for the rest of you next year. But I do appreciate all the advice posted on here.

YOu picked a pretty busy time to visit so the key is getting to the parks way before Rope Drop, having a solid plan that helps you navigate efficiently, and using those FP strategically. Because the MK closes early so often dur to those pesky parties, you really need to use that schedule to your advantage, and yet be prepared when you go to the MK on a night there is no party. It is kind of a no win on those evening...you and everyone else wants to enjoy the evening shows so it is petty darn crowded.

Parade tapings impact the crowd levels as well. WE were there for a taping and watched for a while, but made sure that for the most part we avoided Main Street altogether.

The problem with this year in particular is that this is the last year for the Lights, so folks are planning last minute trips (Me too!) so when you combine those people in DHS, and the parties in the MK, you have to figure out how best to "have it all". I wish you had a better experience, this is such a magical season in WDW.

Maybe. I feel like back when I planned this trip last year, the weekdays were supposed to be 4s, and it was a recommended week on one of the websites. I think supposed to be the 4th or 5th best week to go all year (?). And even if they were "average" days (5/6), it seems like if they are taking your admission money there is an implicit obligation to provide entertainment value in exchange (and waiting in line isn't fun). Three guaranteed rides for the cost of a ticket is pretty expensive "per ride".

It didn't occur to me to check when the parade was being filmed when I planned our trip-that might be obvious to a hard core Disney person, but I would have thought the parade would be live, like the Macy's Day parade. We were completely perplexed with why the main street was closed down and thought maybe there was a medical emergency until an employee explained.

That's OK, its just not for us! I was pretty surprised at how miserable the theme park experience was! Like, why do people keep coming back for this?? Kwim?

WE come back because we know how to navigate this. It is important to keep an eye on the parks hours as well as any special events that occur. When we were there a few years ago the parade was being taped. I made sure that I knew how that would impact us, but honestly, my DH and I enjoyed seeing a behind the scenes peek.

I know that it seems that you paid per ride, but I have been on those crazy busy days with my family and we rock the parks early and get a lot done. WE do not book breakfast unless it is prepark opening, and make sure we watch those hours. We refuse to be eating when we could be on Peter Pan. WE try to avoid evenings in MK on non party nights, but book our three FP for those nightime hours when we do go for the evening shows.
The key to a successful trip is research, plans and a backup plan.

We were at MK today, and had a super time. Predictions for crowds were a 2 out of 10. It seemed much busier and was probably closer to a 4 or 5. But here is what we did, staying in the parks until 7pm:

BOG pre opening ADR
Met Anna and Elsa
Rode Peter Pan, Pooh, IASW, Under the Sea, HM, SM, BTMRR, Dumbo, Barnstormer, tomorrowland Speedway, Tea cups, Mine Train, People Mover
We also watched Philharmagic
We also met Merida, Peter Pan, Pooh and Tigger, and Lady trek amine and the step sisters
We also did BBB and had luch at CRT

I guess when you get this much done, it doesn't matter if it is a 2 or a 5.

what I am understanding, I think, is that it probably WAS a 2. We all are thinking of the "old" crowds. Think of it as the "new" 2. Since overall crowds are up, a 2 of today is much busier than a 2 of five years ago.

We have been here since the 15th...and based our trip on easywdw....it's all been just fine! Including Wednesday at MK(ds had a youth class there that day) we did our fp's easily plus plenty of other things without much trouble.... Seriously every park has LESS crowding than I expected! Except notably world showcase on Sunday evening.... We spent a couple of hours at F&W- and the booth lines were all 10 mins or less .....so not bad at all! (The drinkers were more of an issue than lines lol) as far as I can see no one site has all the answers but Josh at easywdw is more accurate than not.....:thumbsup2

what I am understanding, I think, is that it probably WAS a 2. We all are thinking of the "old" crowds. Think of it as the "new" 2. Since overall crowds are up, a 2 of today is much busier than a 2 of five years ago.

Yes, exactly. I should have a new version of the cheat sheets with updated wait times based on crowd level next week, depending on how much time the holidays take away and how large this month's operating schedule update ends up being. I'm not sure if Disney will update projections for December 20th-31st. If they do, typing that up will take a while too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!