Here now and it is packed :(

Nobody is calling you a liar. *I* was merely pointing out what MIGHT have caused there to be crowds in the parks you visited according to Josh's crowd calendar.

Thank you to all you feel the need to tell me that it is not crowded when I am the one here!!!!!!!!!!! Just trying to give a live post for anyone curious. Wasn't excepting to be called a liar!!!!!!!!! This is why I don't usually post on here.

Nobody is calling you a liar.

We are just trying to match the subjective perception of the park being packed to some objective measures, like wait times at the most popular attractions.

Goodness, what is a crowd to one, is not to another. Crowds are Christmas week, etc.

More crowded than you are used to in September, sure but with research you should expect that.

Oh course in September one is either melting or soaked by rain.

Paired with the fact that other people who are there NOW, are reporting the direct opposite. Nobody is calling you a liar, just that your definition of crowded is subjectable to what other people call crowded

Paired with the fact that other people who are there NOW, are reporting the direct opposite. Nobody is calling you a liar, just that your definition of crowded is subjectable to what other people call crowded

Exactly. What seems crowded to you would seem empty to someone who goes during the summer or Christmas week. No one is calling you a liar, but are trying to put it into perspective.

Sorry you are finding it too crowded for your liking. Maybe you can take a peak at EasyWDW and see which parks to do on what days for the rest of your trip? I've found Josh to be spot-on with his park recommendations.

Yesterday we where at MK. On our Sept. trips we have always rode rides like SM, POTC, Buzz and BTMR multiple times. The only one we were able to ride was SM once and that was only because we had a FP. It also took us 1 1/2 hours to get back to our resort last night. Today we are at DHS. We got here at 8 for a 9 opening. Went straight to JTA. DS was able to be in the first show at 9:20. By the time the show was over we got to TSA by 9:45 and FP were already gone with the standby line at 105 mins. I have just not experienced crowds this heavy in Sept. do I was not prepared :(. We will see how the rest of the week goes.

Are you staying on site and are you using your magic bands and the fast pass + to make fast passes?

Toy Story is crazy busy first thing in the am. If you go back another morning it should be your first stop. Everything else is pretty easy.

I looked before I posted. Fp for tsmm gone and wait was over an hour. Rnrc had a long wait too.

Glitch in the app again perhaps?

FPs for TSMM are always gone early these days, and it wouldn't be that unusual for the posted wait time to fluctuate between over an hour to a little less. On a very crowded day, that wait would be a lot longer.

Exactly. What seems crowded to you would seem empty to someone who goes during the summer or Christmas week. No one is calling you a liar, but are trying to put it into perspective.

Sorry you are finding it too crowded for your liking. Maybe you can take a peak at EasyWDW and see which parks to do on what days for the rest of your trip? I've found Josh to be spot-on with his park recommendations.

Exactly. I go every year during Thanksgiving week. A lot of people say it's extremely crowded, but to me, I find it pretty manageable. We are just trying to figure out the common ground here.

DHS closes early tomorrow (at 4, most likely for a private party) so it may have drawn extra guests today.

Thank you to all you feel the need to tell me that it is not crowded when I am the one here!!!!!!!!!!! Just trying to give a live post for anyone curious. Wasn't excepting to be called a liar!!!!!!!!! This is why I don't usually post on here.
While no one has yet even remotely accused you of lying, until you can quantify your perception beyond "it's packed," your claim is going to seem suspect so long as there are conflicting reports from other people who are also at the parks right now.

It's hard to quantify "it's packed everywhere." I was at DHS yesterday. It was not packed. It wasn't dead, but it wasn't packed. Epcot was packed on the weekend (in the World Showcase) but Monday wasn't as bad. I bet it's not packed at all today (no more food & wine). Comparing now to September, it just might seem packed if you're used to September.

You're at a different DW than me then!! We're amazed at lack of lines and crowds, lol. All about attitude and perspective I guess ...

I'm here right now also, and I think everything's GREAT! I really can't think of one thing to complain about!:thumbsup2

Just got back after spending 5 days in the parks. I found crowds to be very manageable. I stuck to the recommended park from easywdw and used our normal touring plans - arrive early, headliners first, less popular rides later, etc. The one time we deviated from the recommended park, we regretted it.

I have checked several sources for wait times and FP distribution. Doesn't appear packed at all. Based on my info, I'd be having a blast today.

This is the first trip we haven't had park hoppers :(

Ugh. Depending on how much longer your trip is, maybe it would be worth it to add hopping? That way you can fix a decision on the fly, if you find that the park you've chosen is too crowded for your tastes?

Went to mk Monday. Longest wait for us was for little mermaids... 20 minutes. Rode splash 3 times. Walk on each time. Ak today everything but Safari was walk on. Going to mk tonight... May be a different story with parade and wishes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter