Helpppppp not sitting together? Sort of budget related

Your cheer team is in for quite the disappointment if they think they are going to do family boarding with 12 year olds. Family boarding is only for 6 and under
swa_exp_boarding_the_plane_fam_text.png

An adult traveling with a child six years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. If the child and the adult are both holding an ”A” boarding pass, they should board in their assigned boarding position.
.​

The example I used was what really happened last year with a group of our cheerleaders. They are even pictures of the group pre-boarded in the "cheerleader section" (section of the plane they chose to sit in). And if you read my post, I am disagreeing with large groups pre-boarding when only a few meet the criteria. The last three SW flights I have taken with my 13 year old daughter we have witnessed the airline announcing pre-board for those traveling with a child 12 and under. Written policy and what they are doing at the gate are not always the same. It might be mandatory per policy to announce 6 and under, but this summer they announced 12 and under.

I actually like Alaska Airlines because they also announce for military members to pre-board. Is there a need for military members to pre-board? Absolutely not. They are not asking if they are on orders traveling or on vacation, just if you are military come pre-board! Which I have pre-boarded on a couple Alaskan flights under the military pre-board. I never looked up if this is "written" in their policy. ;)

The example I used was what really happened last year with a group of our cheerleaders. They are even pictures of the group pre-boarded in the "cheerleader section" (section of the plane they chose to sit in). And if you read my post, I am disagreeing with large groups pre-boarding when only a few meet the criteria. The last three SW flights I have taken with my 13 year old daughter we have witnessed the airline announcing pre-board for those traveling with a child 12 and under. Written policy and what they are doing at the gate are not always the same. It might be mandatory per policy to announce 6 and under, but this summer they announced 12 and under.

I actually like Alaska Airlines because they also announce for military members to pre-board. Is there a need for military members to pre-board? Absolutely not. They are not asking if they are on orders traveling or on vacation, just if you are military come pre-board! Which I have pre-boarded on a couple Alaskan flights under the military pre-board. I never looked up if this is "written" in their policy. ;)
You are sure this was Southwest? DD's team that she coaches flew to 6 different competitions last year including to WDW for Worlds and other teams in the gym (over 30 teams in the gym) for Summit and other competitions, all on Southwest. I work part time for the gym so I am on the plane with many, many of the teams. I have NEVER heard nor witnessed SWA allowing an entire team of kids over 6 preboard unless it was a special needs team where they were all eligible for disability passes.

I will have to find out what airports you were flying out of so we can schedule competitions in your city :goodvibes I would love the girls to be able to all sit together for at least one trip. Congrats on excellent luck. I am jealous!party:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter