Help with SW questions

kateandy08096

DIS Veteran
Hi all! My husband and I are taking our granddaughter in July for 3 weeks to Disney and plan on visiting SW as she has never been. We are from NJ and debating getting Platinum passes for Sesame Place and use the free parking at SW. Does anyone know if we will have access to the discounts on food and merch?
We are Disney Vacation Club members and get 20% in WDW and would love to use the SP Platinum pass at SW for all the benefits.
Aquatica- is it worth it? Never been however we are able to go to typhoon lagoon for $145 for 3 of us with our DVC discount.
All day dining- does anyone have menus?
Dining with shamu- is that worth it and do they offer a kid friendly menu?

Are you just buying 1 SP platinum or one for everyone?

You will get some of the benefits with a SP platinum pass but not all. Basically, whatever you don’t have to log in for you’ll get (scan pass for parking, scan for merch/food discount when paying) The things that are Sea World specific like the dine with orcas, any special animal tours, etc that you normally have to log in the pass member website for the discounted rate are not there.

Are you just buying 1 SP platinum or one for everyone?

You will get some of the benefits with a SP platinum pass but not all. Basically, whatever you don’t have to log in for you’ll get (scan pass for parking, scan for merch/food discount when paying) The things that are Sea World specific like the dine with orcas, any special animal tours, etc that you normally have to log in the pass member website for the discounted rate are not there.
Thanks! I was thinking of getting 1 for me and get 2 reg tickets for the others. I was told I wouldn't be able to use our free guest passes at SW. If so that would be fantastic

Thanks! I was thinking of getting 1 for me and get 2 reg tickets for the others. I was told I wouldn't be able to use our free guest passes at SW. If so that would be fantastic

That is correct, you can’t use guest tickets at Sea World, it’s only for your home park Sesame Place. Do you plan on visiting Sesame Place as well or was the pass mainly for this trip? You may want to consider purchasing a Sea World Gold pass. You’ll still get parking and in park discounts and you will have 2 guest tickets you can use If you’re only planning on the one day. There’s a sale going on right now. This would actually be cheaper than getting the SP platinum and buying the other tix.

I was planning on taking my grandkids to SP but honestly that place has gone so downhill over the years so maybe I'll look into the SW gold pass. Thank you :) are the 2 guest passes able to be used immediately on that day we visit

I was planning on taking my grandkids to SP but honestly that place has gone so downhill over the years so maybe I'll look into the SW gold pass. Thank you :) are the 2 guest passes able to be used immediately on that day we visit

Yes, you get 4 guest passes with the gold. Two are available to be used during your visit in July. The other two are 1 in the beginning of the year, one at the end.

Yes, you get 4 guest passes with the gold. Two are available to be used during your visit in July. The other two are 1 in the beginning of the year, one at the end.
Great! Thank you. I see there is a pass holder lounge. Will my guest have access or do we all need to be passholders?

Great! Thank you. I see there is a pass holder lounge. Will my guest have access or do we all need to be passholders?
Last time that I looked into it I saw that it said you could pay extra at the lounge to bring a guest in but I don’t know if that’s still applicable. Take a look at the pass holder benefits page and the AP FAQ section on the Sea World Orlando site and it should give you more details about it there.

I’m still trying to find out if I can bring a guest through the AP entrance who’ll be using one of our guest tickets if it’s open or not.

Last time that I looked into it I saw that it said you could pay extra at the lounge to bring a guest in but I don’t know if that’s still applicable. Take a look at the pass holder benefits page and the AP FAQ section on the Sea World Orlando site and it should give you more details about it there.

I’m still trying to find out if I can bring a guest through the AP entrance who’ll be using one of our guest tickets if it’s open or not.
In Disney we can so I hope it's the same with SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter