Help with my itinerary please

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
Hi can you please review this itinerary and let me know what you think? We are arriving the weekend of the food and wine marathon and leaving 2 Weeks Later.

I expect it will be busy the first week due to Jersey week and the Veterans Day holiday weekend. Any tips would be appreciated. There are three of us my husband myself and our five year old. We have 8 day tix with park hopper and water park/sports option. Split stay - 10 days on skyliner then 4 at AKL:

Nov 5th - flight arrives early evening
Nov 6th - Resort day grocery shopping maybe go to mini golf and boardwalk
Nov 7th - HS may hop to AK
Nov 8th - MK then hop to Epcot when Christmas party starts. Stay for Epcot fireworks
Nov 9- rest day may go to Blizzard Beach for half day or shopping off site and Disney Springs
Nov 10th - AK full day
Nov 11th - HS will shop out of there is it is crazy
Nov 12 - rest day/Disney Springs or Blizzard Beach for a few hours
Nov 13th - MK
Nov 14 Epcot
Nov 15 - Resort switch. We have Animal Kingdom book for this day. Was thinking of switching it to the 18th. If we go to AK it will just be for half the day and then over to the resort. May come back later for Tree of Life
Nov 16 - sleep in. Head to MK later in the day and stay for extended hours if they are offered that day. It's Wednesday
Nov 17th - resort day and nothing else
Nov 18th - this is an odd day. We may have to switch rooms. We rented DVC points and we have two reservations for the same category room at Jambo House. I'm hoping they can just let us stay in the same room but if not it might be a room switch. Resort day. Was wondering if I should use our last ticket for this day instead of the 15th
Nov 19th home. Need to be at airport by 6 a.m.

Sounds amazing to me. I have never visited in November so not sure about the crowd levels at that time. However we have rented DVC points for many years, and found two separate bookings at the same resort were always accommodated with the same room (In December). We haven't had to move rooms within the same resort ever, so I'm hopeful you will have the same luck.

You need to figure out your 5 year old's priorities and front load that. If it's princesses, go MK first thing and see all of them. Go check the schedule at Epcot and camp out for Aurora, or whatever. If it's ROTR, go HS from the jump. You might have to circle back to see it all. For example, ROTR has been down all day. If this were your HS day, major bummer. Maybe the line for Aurora is crazy today. But this, trip is long enough to circle back and you can get to all of it.

The DVC room won't be a problem. You can have the owner tell DVC in chat and also tell them when you check in. They don't want to pay to clean your room, it will be fine.

You have room in here for a day of Legoland. I'd rather do that with a 5 year old than waste a day of tickets on few hours at Blizzard Beach. And November can be too cold for this anyway. Who knows?

You are staying deluxe and missing the late extended hours. Absolutely plan around those. They are the best thing in at WDW right now, IMO.

Last edited:
You need to figure out your 5 year old's priorities and front load that. If it's princesses, go MK first thing and see all of them. Go check the schedule at Epcot and camp out for Aurora, or whatever. If it's ROTR, go HS from the jump. You might have to circle back to see it all. For example, ROTR has been down all day. If this were your HS day, major bummer. Maybe the line for Aurora is crazy today. But this, trip is long enough to circle back and you can get to all of it.

The DVC room won't be a problem. You can have the owner tell DVC in chat and also tell them when you check in. They don't want to pay to clean your room, it will be fine.

You have room in here for a day of Legoland. I'd rather do that with a 5 year old than waste a day of tickets on few hours at Blizzard Beach. And November can be too cold for this anyway. Who knows?

You are staying deluxe and missing the late extended hours. Absolutely plan around those. They are the best thing in at WDW right now, IMO.
Thanks we do intend to go to MK for extended hours. Fingers crossed they keep them on Wede
Sounds amazing to me. I have never visited in November so not sure about the crowd levels at that time. However we have rented DVC points for many years, and found two separate bookings at the same resort were always accommodated with the same room (In December). We haven't had to move rooms within the same resort ever, so I'm hopeful you will have the same luck.
Were you able to request to stay in the same room yourself or did the owners have to ask? We're renting from 2 different people

Were you able to request to stay in the same room yourself or did the owners have to ask? We're renting from 2 different people
You can ask either owner to tell them in chat. I have two DVC use years, which is like being two owners. I have done this many times, and it has never been an issue. They need both confirmation numbers.

Thanks we do intend to go to MK for extended hours. Fingers crossed they keep them on Wede

We asked the owners.

I agree with all of this. We have a 6 year old daughter and I wouldn’t dream of not prioritizing princess stuff. If that’s not your daughter’s thing then no big deal. I worked hard to get a storybook dining and am monitoring the Bippity boppity boutique situation as an example. Hopefully you’ll have more character dining options in November.
We are dvc members and have never ever had an issue combining two reservations if they were the same exact room type. Maybe you booked through different owners?

I usually go in November during Jersey week. I would describe the crowds as moderate, but with the number of days you are going, you should be able to see what you want.

I personally would combine at least one Epcot/HS day for hopping, taking the skyliner between them, since you are staying at a Skyliner resort. I would also put your Epcot/HS days at the beginning of the vacation and more AK days at the end to match up with AKL.

I agree with all of this. We have a 6 year old daughter and I wouldn’t dream of not prioritizing princess stuff. If that’s not your daughter’s thing then no big deal. I worked hard to get a storybook dining and am monitoring the Bippity boppity boutique situation as an example. Hopefully you’ll have more character dining options in November.
We are dvc members and have never ever had an issue combining two reservations if they were the same exact room type. Maybe you booked through different owners?
Hi yes two different owners The first 3 nights through Davids DVC. Our trip got extended and we wanted to add an extra night and they wouldn't do it. It was against policy. They didn't have the inventory anyway. So we booked the 4th night direct with an owner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter