Help with guests thinking it's too much to come to Disney Wedding

I think a lot of Disney Brides have the same problem. I know I do. And I think it makes it tougher because you live in Florida, so you would expcet more people to come. We always get the question, "Why are you getting married in Flordia and not here?" It's annyoing since we still are getting it from family who have know about the wedding for almost a year now. When I decided to get married in Disney, I told myself, I know many people are not going to be able to afford to come, or might just not want to spend their money that way, and I wasn't going to let it bother me. And I think I have been doing a good job not letting it bother me, even thought it has been tough hearing people we thought would come are not. DF is not having such an easy time, and keeps getting really upset when someone in his family talks about possibly not coming. It's such a hard situation but I think in the end you have to worry about what you want for your day and try to let things you can't control go. Good luck and I know your wedding will turn out beautiful!

Thanks for this!!:hug: I live in Florida so I'm expecting and would be expecting most of my family to come down to any wedding I had here. I've lived here since I was 3 and they knew this was coming sooner or later, I send out Engagement announcements in May putting people on notice that we are planning for June 2012. But I understand that not everyone will be able to make it I'm just shocked about a few people, but hopefully in the end they will end up coming after we send out a few more things.:goodvibes

I had to cover this topic several times in my newsletters too. We tried to explain 1) why Florida; 2) things to do besides theme parks; 3) cost expectations depending on if you were making it a vacation, etc. I can't remember if I send you my newsletters a while back or not (I think so, but maybe it was the scavenger hunt). If you want to see how I covered these topics let me know and I can email them over :goodvibes Also, check to see if a lot of family are flying you can sometimes set up group rates through the airlines. I did this with my family from Michigan for rates on Airtran.

In the end, anyone who doesn't come you can't let it bother you. As my one aunt told me when I was upset about some relatives not coming, they are the ones that are missing out on a once in a lifetime experience.

Thanks sooo much!!! I've actually got both! Newsletters and Hunts!! :worship: I LOVE LOVE THEM!! I just have to wait it out and figure out what happens in the end, and not let it bother me!!:hug:

We had the same problem. So when we sent our save the dates we sent a newsletter that was very detailed in what they can or could not do in Disney and about what it would cost them. I also reminded them that since they are there for a wedding they get cheaper rooms and tickets...so hey if your going to Fl all the way fron NJ why not make a family vacation out of it! Some people are still not that happy...But you know what...i dont care...this is what we have always wanted and everyone who really matters will be there and not miss it! Stay positive! It WILL work out! Good Luck:)

would you mind sharing the newsletter??? I'm in need of ideas to let my people know they have to book within the next month or 2 for may... but I don't know how to put all the info together... my email is morozco5@yahoo.com

I'm in the same boat as you hun. I"m not even sure if my Mom is going, but thats a different story. We're content knowing those who really want to support us, will be there. And those who can't afford it, well, I'm really hoping/ trying to figure out a way to do a live feed, or at least will send the video out :) It is expensive, but we chose our date to include the dining plan, and if that means paying for an extra night or whatever it takes for some family and friends, then that's what we'll do. It would cost 400 for 4 nights in a value hotel, if 2 people sleep there its 200 a person, plus 100-250 airfare a person round trip. So 300-450 a person for travel expenses, _ free food for the week due to the dining plan. Then 224 for 3 days of Disney, plus 50 (I think) for the park hopper, is 275 per person, which brings us to 575-725. It IS expensive, but it isn't much more than any other destination wedding for sure, if not less, and it offers soooo much more! (thats also without any discounts, which I thnk you get 10% off passes and rooms right?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter