• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with GF & other hotels..

mateony

Earning My Ears
I'm kind of stuck. Me (20) and my Parent's are visiting my brother in Orlando from Sept. 7-12th. We will be staying at Disney the entire time. My mother has always had her heart set on staying at the Grand Floridian, but when we were younger, money was tight, so that wasn't an option. But I've decided to pay for the GF for the last 2 nights of our stay. I've booked a Lagoon View Room. Anyone have any pictures of the typical rooms/views? Are they all Magic Kingdom views? Should I make any special requests?

But I'm also stuck on which hotel to stay at for the first 3 nights. I'm thinking about one of the Epcot resorts. I have done the Dolphin & Swan before, and want to try something new. Which out of the Epcot resorts has the biggest/nicest rooms. In your opinion? Any special requests I should make here? My parents Anniversary is on the 14th of Sept, so should I make note of that in any requests? LOL. I'm such a loving son..LOL :)

Thanks in advance-
-Matt

I would ask for MK view and they will tell you it can't be guaranteed, but they'll try. We stayed at the GF this past December and were in Boca Chica building. It seemed, to us, to have the most rooms with a view of MK and the whole lagoon.

If I were to choose a hotel near Epcot, I'd choose the BW. It's a beautiful hotel with great nightlife. If you can afford to get a one or two bedroom, that's even better!!

Good luck!

Keep your eyes open for "codes" for Sept.. We got a reasonable rate for GF in Sept. (last year) $199 a night (standard room). I'm sure they had a code for lagoon view as well. Check: www.mousesavers.com frequently. It has all sorts of discount info..

If you get a rate like the above mentioned, you may be able to stay at the GF for your entire stay! That'd would be nice. We loved it. :)

Have fun!
Annemarie

Oh we stayed in Big Pine Key. That's a nice building and it has some nice views of MK as well.

Annemarie

After showing my Mom some picture of the Boardwalk Inn, she wants to stay THERE for the entire trip! LOL. Using one of the discount codes it comes to around $1,200 for 5 nights. With a Water/Pool View. How many different Water/Pool Views are there? I would REALLY love to be able to have a room directly ON the boardwalk with a view of the lake. Any tips? I showed her pictures of the rooms at the BW, and she was like "Those are my colors!" LMAO..whatever that means. I just hope she's not dissapointed if our room, doesn't look like the one in the picture. BTW, this is the picture. From Deb Willis' site:

http://www.wdwig.com/bwi2.jpg

That is listed as the "Standard" room. Do most look like that? Thanks for the help again guys! :)

-Matt

Yes, I believe most look like that. Did you book a studio?

I believe there are two pools; The big one with a slide and a quiet pool. You could put in a request for a view of Boardwalk, but, of course, it's not guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter