Help with Disney theme Xmas tree!

PrincessTigerLily

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! This is my first post on the creative boards. I have always wanted to do a Disney themed Christmas tree, but I don't want to spend all that money to buy Hallmark or Disney Store ornaments. Has anyone made any creative disney-type ornaments at home? Anyone else have any ideas for a whole Disney decked-out tannenbaum?
Thanks! :wizard:

I've never done it but there are a lot of Disney themes stickers. You could buy plain glass ornaments and decorate them with those.

In the same vein as Quinn - you could take plain glass ornament and add glue and glitter in the shape of Mickey ears.

You could buy a few cheaper Disney character ornaments - they had them in our local Walgreens - or a few Hallmark/DS ornaments and fill in w/colorful glass ornaments.

Fill in some spaces on the tree w/stuffed Disney toys, or other Disney themed toys.

Take Disney postcards or christmas cards and "sew" the edges or add glitter. This is something my mom used to do as a craft w/ me and my siblings when we were kids.

How about a paper chain using Disney scrapbooking paper or even wrapping paper?

We used all those crazy kid's meal toys from McDonalds and such. My girls had amassed quite a collection over the years and they make wonderful little ornaments for our Disney tree. You can still find some old favorites at garage sales for pennies or on e-bay for next to nothing plus shipping.

We have 3 disney trees. We always buy the storybook ornaments @ DTD every yr for our souvenir. I even bought some on ebay last yr for a pretty good price. I always hit the disney stores and outlets after xmas and get ornaments cheap. I got my disney xmas skirt this yr on disney direct for $14.99/reg. 60.00. I place all of our plush disney characters under the trees. I have disney character lights that a co-worker gave to me with mult color lights. The tree toppers are tinkerbell and cinderella barbie dolls. I love them!
Good Luck and have fun decorating!

I bought red jingle bells in 2 different sizes and made mickey heads. The larger bell was the head and I attached 2 smaller ones with glue dots for ears. I put a long hook in the loop of the larger one. You could also do the same thing with store bought ornaments.

For the glass ornaments you can also use rub ons, they sell Disney ones in the stencil and rub on aisle at ACMoore. People also fill them with curled scrap paper or sparkly shredded paper.

We are doing the same thing with a small tree to take to WDW. I bought Shrinky Dinks and the kids are making disney characters to hang on the tree. I also bought some of the Shrinky Dinks for the inkjet printer. I am going to print Disney movie posters to make ornaments.

Jess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter