Help! Using Alamo IG & Coupon Code

bbwhos

Mouseketeer
Please has anyone experienced. Sorry, I'm probably being greedy but I wsant the coupon also if I can get it.

I've found a good minivan rate $219 bf taxes on Alamo using their last minute special ID# IG. I cannot get it to combine with any coupons even though the coupon $30 states for minivans? I'm trying March 16-24, 9 am - 1:30 pm.

I've never had a problem combining ID and coupon codes with Alamo (even IG). :confused3

I'd double check the coupon code you are using - it may only be valid for a certain number of days or on certain car selections (mini-vans may not be one).

I actually tried your dates and IG with a $30 coupon code I found (not for mini-vans though) and it worked for me.

Thank you! I really appreciate it. We have a Saturday night in there, weekly rate plus one day. I've never had an issue with coupons but this is the first I've used the IG.

This is beating the Budget x474200 code by $26 bucks w/o the Alamo coupon. The coupon could make it $56.

Alamo and National have started limiting the use of $$ off coupon codes with their last minute specials. They either only allow the coupons on certain vehicles or they are capacity controlled. In their defense, they are already giving a great deal, so they don't want to give any more of a deal.

Personally, I usually find deals that are just as good using the Continental Code 5007160. Combine that with the $40 off e-coupon ND1881JDK and you get yourself a pretty darn good deal. These are for National.

For Alamo the Southwest Airlines code 7015296 works pretty well and you can combine it with $30 e-coupon AD2123JMC.

Both coupons say they expire 4/30/2010, but the $40 off National code has been around for a long time and they keep entending it. These IDs and coupons can be found on www.mousesavers.com and www.carrentalsavers.com

Duds

I was able to use ID# IG and coupon code AD5691JDV.

I got a minivan for March 13 - 16 for 199.00 - 25.00 coupon! :cool1:

I was able to use ID# IG and coupon code AD5691JDV.

I got a minivan for March 13 - 16 for 199.00 - 25.00 coupon! :cool1:

Oh my gosh!!!! Shellbelle you are awesome! The code and coupon worked - $271.47 with taxes! I am so excited - saved me about $75 off Budget's price of $353.

Call me rental car crazy! I just tried using coupon code AD2123JMC and ID IG and got $30 off - $265.92 with taxes.

Does anyone know of a code for a free additional driver from Alamo? These are great deals but it would be great to get the additional driver too. Thanks for your help!

I DID IT, WDWFAN1! Used sunpromo and it brought it down another $40 to $225 with taxes! You all are definitely the professionals at finding affordable Disney! I went over budget on our accommodations and this find helps significantly. Love it -- can't wait to get there now! Thank you!!

Does anyone know of a code for a free additional driver from Alamo? These are great deals but it would be great to get the additional driver too. Thanks for your help!

Not sure how good it will do, but I have used the WalMart does 428448 alot which adds the add'l driver. Try going to Mousesavers.com or carrentalsavers.com for does. Budget I understand includes the add'l driver if spouse, and some others, automatically.

Alamo and National have started limiting the use of $$ off coupon codes with their last minute specials. They either only allow the coupons on certain vehicles or they are capacity controlled. In their defense, they are already giving a great deal, so they don't want to give any more of a deal.

Personally, I usually find deals that are just as good using the Continental Code 5007160. Combine that with the $40 off e-coupon ND1881JDK and you get yourself a pretty darn good deal. These are for National.

For Alamo the Southwest Airlines code 7015296 works pretty well and you can combine it with $30 e-coupon AD2123JMC.

Both coupons say they expire 4/30/2010, but the $40 off National code has been around for a long time and they keep entending it. These IDs and coupons can be found on www.mousesavers.com and www.carrentalsavers.com

Duds

i can't remember whether it was alamo or national:confused:but i was assessed a surcharge on rental (small $1 - $1.50/day) when using one of the airline codes last year that linked to my account with them. Not continental, would've been AT or SW...have you noticed it w/the SW code you mention?popcorn::

I agree w/a pp--both Walmart codes on mousesavers give additional drivers. As do Sams Club and Costco codes.

i can't remember whether it was alamo or national:confused:but i was assessed a surcharge on rental (small $1 - $1.50/day) when using one of the airline codes last year that linked to my account with them. Not continental, would've been AT or SW...have you noticed it w/the SW code you mention?popcorn::

All the car rental chains levy a surcharge for airline frequent flyer credits...it's in the fine print.

I can't seem top get any codes to work for me. Looking at a compact or midsize from Mar 30 to April 11. Still getting almost 1200. Hoping for something a bit better. A fried got a full size with PL for 21 a day, but we have not had much luck with that either.

All the car rental chains levy a surcharge for airline frequent flyer credits...it's in the fine print.

thanx, guess i'll read the fine print then on the company site if i decide to use the code, could easily wind up costing more in long run unless the miles/points r needed:)

I just re-rated my rental and saved $60! Thanks for the good codes! Down to $167 OTD for 8 days.

I can't seem top get any codes to work for me. Looking at a compact or midsize from Mar 30 to April 11. Still getting almost 1200. Hoping for something a bit better. A fried got a full size with PL for 21 a day, but we have not had much luck with that either.

Your dates are what is killing you. The codes work, but you only save $30. That is Spring Break and Easter Holidays. You might try splitting the rental into two separate rentals, but that would require returning the car and picking up a new one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!