Help throwing a Mel Brooks themed party

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
We are throwing a Mel Brooks themed party for a dear friend and I am in charge of most of the food. I want to make themed food (similar to pretzel wands for a Harry Potter party for example), but I haven’t seen most of his movies. Google and Pinterest are failing me. Any Mel Brooks fans out there who can help me out?

Other movies he loves in a similar style that are not Mel Brooks are Blazing Saddles and Anchorman. Could use anything from those too.
Thanks!

Blazing Saddles is Mel Brooks. My other favorite is Spaceballs... food ideas... hmm, that's tough. Pretzel sticks ("The schwartz")? Campfire beans? I'm sure someone else has some kind of actual creative idea, ha...

Oh my, I love that idea - Mel Books is a genius!

You could give people a choice between the "Space Soup" or the "Space Special." Just be careful with that Special.... ;)
Maybe serve some punch called "Liquid Schwartz" - it should be gold colored.
As others have said: BEANS!
You could have a "Candygram" delivered to your friend in the middle of the party. "Candygram for Mongo."
Maybe do something labeled "Abnormal Brains" like a pasta dish with pesto to make it a bit greenish.

I hope everything goes great for your party!

Last edited:

LOVE THIS (dd's sweet sixteen was blues brother's themed w/ the whole fried chicken/dry bread/coke... menu).

SUGGESTIONS-

something w/steak for his role as van helsing in dracula dead and loving it

yogurt-his character's name in spaceballs

raisins-count de monet's snack in history of the world

do something w/a fake rat-'rats, rats, rats for sale-good for rat soup, or the ever-popular ratatouille' (history of the world)

something w/garlic-'angel of death ain't kissing me! I'm full of garlic!' (2000 year old man)

maybe some party wings-call them 'hopper's frog leg's-his role as professor max krassman in the original muppett movie

fruit cups-'those who are tardy do not get a fruit cup' (high anxiety)

coke products-this is for silent movie (go to trivia on imdb for the movie for an explanation)

I feel like there has to be a pie fight involved with this haha

And, yes, beans. All the beans.

Pizza Hut pizzas

Cans of air?

Soup (but make sure you poor it on your guests lap. I promise they will appreciate it)

There’s a musical number in Young Frankenstein set to Puttin On The Ritz. You could serve Ritz crackers with various spreads that your guests could be puttin on the ritz themselves.

You could serve Gorgonzola or any cheese with a moldy look and call it a 2,000 year old cheese as a play on Brooks’ 2,000 year old man character.

I like the Pizza The Hut character from Spaceballs as previously mentioned and something can definitely be worked out from that.

And more beans.

LOVE THIS (dd's sweet sixteen was blues brother's themed w/ the whole fried chicken/dry bread/coke... menu).

SUGGESTIONS-

something w/steak for his role as van helsing in dracula dead and loving it

yogurt-his character's name in spaceballs

raisins-count de monet's snack in history of the world

do something w/a fake rat-'rats, rats, rats for sale-good for rat soup, or the ever-popular ratatouille' (history of the world)

something w/garlic-'angel of death ain't kissing me! I'm full of garlic!' (2000 year old man)

maybe some party wings-call them 'hopper's frog leg's-his role as professor max krassman in the original muppett movie

fruit cups-'those who are tardy do not get a fruit cup' (high anxiety)

coke products-this is for silent movie (go to trivia on imdb for the movie for an explanation)

You leave poor Kermit out of this.

I don't have any ideas at the moment but this is an awesome party theme:thumbsup2

Love the Blues Brother's party too! That's my stepdads favorite movie and we did a theme party for it. We didn't do the food though - well, we had like Chicago-style hot dogs, but we did have decor like the Roadhouse, and me and my friend came out as the Jake and Elwood. It was fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter