Help! Room not assigned….

with how easy it is to transfer money electronically i'm don't see why you wouldn't use a CC to get the rewards. could instantly pay the charge if you wanted. those 3% cash back and 5% cashback offers add up
The reward credit cards typically have high interest rates. Reward credit card gurus tell people not to play the rewards game if they ever carry a balance forward.

There is a large amount of the population who has gone through debt hell because they couldn’t control their spending on cc’s. Those rewards you get are literally because people can’t control their spending/had crappy life circumstances hit and are now paying 20%+ APRs. A few people are able to recover and then go back to using cc’s and never have another problem- but many others aren’t. I love the cc sign up game, play it to the max lol. BUT I absolutely respect anyone who says they don’t do cc’s. I don’t know their past, I don’t know their partner’s past & I don’t know their current situation.
Well said! Everyone isn't the same and doesn't have the same financial strategy. There are risks no matter how you approach it.

Now...back to waiting for OP's update 😃

The reward credit cards typically have high interest rates. Reward credit card gurus tell people not to play the rewards game if they ever carry a balance forward.
If you are using a debit card then you have the cash to cover the charge. If you have the cash to cover the charge get the 3 or 5 percent back and pay the charge right away. Or nightly or what not

This isn’t for those that carry balances. You can’t carry balance using debit card

Debit cards are a bad idea for travel. Hotels and car rental agencies don't like them because if something happens, they can not "push" through a charge if you end up taking that money out of your account, unlike a credit card. They have just been burned too many times. Plus if your card is lost or stolen then the thief has access to your bank account. It is just all around a bad idea. Everyone who plans to travel anywhere should have a credit card. It is very easy to just use your credit card and then pay it off at the end of the month. It is all the same money anyway.
Also, if you use a debit card for a car rental, they hold a decent chunk of money on it, usually at least $1500. That will tie up those funds until about a week after the car is returned (depending on how fast they release the hold and how fast your bank processes it). People don't realize rental companies do this, then they try to use the card to pay for something and it can be declined depending on the amount of money in the account.

If this happens to anyone this is what you do...

GOOGLE the resort for the direct contact number. I did this last month for our Coronado stay when we didn't get room assignments until super late.

Also, if you get the welcome email from the resort (the one that says we are still putting the finishing touches in your room or whatever) f4om the hotel manager. There is a button on the bottom that takes you to a feedback form. Leave a message there describing your issue and the resort should contact you shortly.

Again this is what I did last month. Looked up the number for CSR. Left a msg in the feedback email form thingy and then before I could find a quiet place to call while in Epcot, the resort manager CALLED ME (from the direct number I had found on Google so I know it was legit). I even had a second manager follow up 15 minutes later after a shift change to make sure someone had responded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter