Help! Need outline of Mickey's Footprint

Dolly, in your message above you indicated that it isn't very expensive to embroidery names/dates. Do you have any suggestions as to where to send items? I would love to do this and ideally I would really love to find some Disney beach towels cheap to get embroidered but I don't know who to send/take them to. Any suggestions?

Also, anyone know where to find Disney beach towels (at a good price)?

TIA,
April

Most local t-shirt shops also have embroider machines to personalize things like shirts, christmas stockings, baby gifts, etc. Both the local t-shirt shops where I live (which is a small town of 5000) have machines to embroider things. You can also look in your yellow pages as sometimes stay at home moms have machines and make money on the side by personalizing things for others. Typically it is around $5-12 to have a name embroidered on an item depending on the size. You might also check with the closest sewing store to you to see if they know who might be able to help you embroider something. You can send it somewhere but I would suggest getting it done locally so you aren't having to add to the cost by paying for shipping.

Here you go padisney4...this was the closest background that I could find. It is one of Natalie's background papers...but I changed the coloring to attempt to somewhat match the original tag.

GiftTagMickeyWelcome.jpg
Dolly,
I would like to use this tag on my son's gift box in the room. I would really like to have Minnie leave something for my daughter. Would you be able to make a tag something like this from Minnie?

My mind is racing with ideas of what I can do like this next December. I love your idea of getting a small Christmas tree. I plan to place a small wrapped gift under the tree each day for my kids to open.

Most local t-shirt shops also have embroider machines to personalize things like shirts, christmas stockings, baby gifts, etc. Both the local t-shirt shops where I live (which is a small town of 5000) have machines to embroider things. You can also look in your yellow pages as sometimes stay at home moms have machines and make money on the side by personalizing things for others. Typically it is around $5-12 to have a name embroidered on an item depending on the size. You might also check with the closest sewing store to you to see if they know who might be able to help you embroider something. You can send it somewhere but I would suggest getting it done locally so you aren't having to add to the cost by paying for shipping.

Terrific thank you. I honestly didn't even know where to start. I live near a large town so I have to think it exists but I was pulling a blank on what to even search. Thanks so much!!!
April

Dolly,
I would like to use this tag on my son's gift box in the room. I would really like to have Minnie leave something for my daughter. Would you be able to make a tag something like this from Minnie?

My mind is racing with ideas of what I can do like this next December. I love your idea of getting a small Christmas tree. I plan to place a small wrapped gift under the tree each day for my kids to open.

I also need to come up with a Donald, Pluto and Goofy...I wish I knew what the ones looked like and said that FTD does for the birthday surprise. Here is the Minnie...I used "Well Hello" instead of "Welcome" because that is one of Minnie's favorite sayings.
MinniesWelcomeTag2.jpg

Here are a few Donald ones...if you leave a gift from Donald make sure to take a couple of white feathers to sprinkle around the gift to prove that Donald was there!

GiftTagDonald2-1.jpg

GiftTagDonald2.jpg

I like the one with the black stripe on it. The words really stand out on it. :thumbsup2 Thank you!!!!

Would you be willing to make me a Minnie one that I could use on the cruise...that she left a surprise for her on the cruise....
I think I'm going to put the tag on 2 Minnie beach towels for my girls ;)

Thank you!!!!

Would you be willing to make me a Minnie one that I could use on the cruise...that she left a surprise for her on the cruise....
I think I'm going to put the tag on 2 Minnie beach towels for my girls ;)

Thank you!!!!

I would be happy to, but need a favor from you. If you don't mind please edit your original post/request and and delete the images. It takes up linking space in my photobucket that I can't delete. I try to keep as few images posted in my photobucket as possible so that I don't have to pay for extra storage. Thanks for your help.

Is this what you are wanting?

MinniesWelcomeTagCruise.jpg

Dolly, I am having a problem I can't seem to figure out. When I go to save the yellow tag from Mickey and the white foot print, I don't get the whole image. I only have a really small strip of it. I just saved the new Minnie tag you made and it worked just fine. I'm not doing anything different than I have ever done when saving things. Do you have any idea of how I can fix this?

Dolly, I am having a problem I can't seem to figure out. When I go to save the yellow tag from Mickey and the white foot print, I don't get the whole image. I only have a really small strip of it. I just saved the new Minnie tag you made and it worked just fine. I'm not doing anything different than I have ever done when saving things. Do you have any idea of how I can fix this?

I'm not sure why that is happening. I saved the white footprint to my pictures and I copy and pasted it into word and it worked fine. I'm uploading all of the images to my 4shared file to a file called "Mickey's Grand Welcome". Once they are uploaded you should be able to get them from there and hopefully you won't have the same problem.

I just checked your photobucket and was able to save the images I needed with no problem. I'm not sure what in the world was going on earlier. :confused3 Probably something with my computer. :)

I made some fun 3-d balloons so that you can make a balloon bouquet on the wall of your hotel room/condo or on the door to your room like they had in the picture of "Mickey's Grand Welcome". If you don't want to waste that much ink I have white with black outlines that you can print on colored paper and use very little ink.

To make these...trim them out, add curling ribbon to each balloon and gather the ribbons together at the bottom like a real balloon bouquet. Then hang on a wall or door. JKuglin made one and posted a picture in one of the earlier pages on this thread if you need an idea for how to make this. There is also one on the Disney website with pictures showing how they decorate for "Mickey's Grand Welcome". To jazz these up, you could add each families members name on a different color balloon.

Here are a few examples but you can find all the colors of the rainbow and the outlines in my 4shared file in the link in my siganture. Look in the "Mickey's Grand Welcome" file.

BalloonMickeyRed2.jpg

BalloonMickeyRed.jpg

BalloonRed.jpg

Wow, Dolly you have such FUN Ideas!! I love it!! I LOVE to do this kind of stuff!!

I also changed my last post to not include the graphic. Sorry about that!

BTW, I wanted to add I LOVE Goofy's tag...he is my favorite :) My little girl loves Minnie though!

I also went ahead and made a banner and put it in my 4shared file. I still LOVE the one on the Disney site but thought I would make one in case they ever change up their website and no longer have it avaible for others to download.

Here is an example letter that I made but you can find all the letters to make your own "WELCOME" or "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" banner in my 4shared file:

WelcomeBannerW2.jpg

When I did this for my dd bday /trip in dec she loved it! I had fun making the things too. I am planning on doing smaller version for guests rooms at our VR in july. I have aready made window signs for them but will add in the welcome ideas too. love the welcome sign dolly! I will probably use "designed character " bags again similar to these from dec for travel purposes....:goodvibes

december1409.jpg

Dolly,

You are just amazing, I love everything you do. You are definitely an inspiration. My trip is only 3 months away and I have so much to do (and oddly enough, I am always out here looking for new ideas).

Anyway, I have a design question for you. I love the Mickey Balloons but how in the world do you get the 3D/Beveled edge sort of effect to your designs? I was wanting to create something else and can't seem to figure this out.

TIA,
April

Dolly,

You are just amazing, I love everything you do. You are definitely an inspiration. My trip is only 3 months away and I have so much to do (and oddly enough, I am always out here looking for new ideas).

Anyway, I have a design question for you. I love the Mickey Balloons but how in the world do you get the 3D/Beveled edge sort of effect to your designs? I was wanting to create something else and can't seem to figure this out.

TIA,
April

I make my DISigns using photoshop elements. To give the balloons the 3D effect...I created the balloon (making sure that it is all one layer) and the color I wanted it to be (like blue). Then go to "layer styles" and "glass buttons" and click on the "translucent glass" button so that your color will still be the same but it will give it a 3-d effect.

You can also play around with the "wow plastic" in the "layer styles". When I do that...I generally copy the layer and in the copied layer I use the "wow plastic clear" button.

Have fun playing with it and try different things.

Dolly,

Thank you so much. I will try that out. I am only just playing with Photoshop and know basically nothing so I really appreciate your help!
April

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter