Help...my dog ate an entire candy bar!

CBRorBust

Always dreaming of Hot Chocolate
How long before she pukes it up?:rolleyes:

Leave her alone for 1 minute and it's gone! What should I do with her? Kennel for a few hours? Leave her out and watch her?

Was it chocolate? How big? What kind of dog? I know chocolate can be really dangerous for dogs but I don't know the details. I would watch her really really closely and possibly call your vet and ask depending on how much chocolate was in the candy bar. Good luck!

the ones that sell for four dollars......well we called the vet.....and he said she probably would not get sick...but she sure had the squirts the next day......

Expect a little bit of a runny stool.......:rolleyes: My Golden ate a WHOLE box of chocolates one time.:eek: He did not have much of an appetite for about a day.:rolleyes:

She's about 13 lbs and is a Shih Tzu. This isn't the first time she ate a candy bar. She also ate one back around easter time when I was out of town. I just didn't know if I should follow her around all night or not.

The candy bar was one of those you would buy from a kid selling them as a fundraiser. Not too big. Thanks for all the help, I'm sure she'll just leave suprises around the house tonight.:eek: :rolleyes: :p

I'm pretty sure the one that's dangerous to a dog is the baking chocoalte. I don't think regular candy bar chocolate is, other than diarrhea.

My sister's dog ate a small square of baking chocolate and had to go to the vet and get his stomach pumped, or either they induced vomiting:eek: ! I can't remember, but I do remember that chocolate is poison to a dog. That's a small dog, you may want to look it up and see what you can find. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter