Help me plan a trip to NYC

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
My daughter will be 16 next month and she wants a mother/daughter weekend in New York. She really wants to see Rent and the Museum of Modern Art.

I live in Southern Maryland and will drive to Baltimore to catch a bus ($40/pp round trip) but after that I am clueless. I have no idea where to stay or how to find discount tickets to Rent...

Can anyone help?

:thumbsup2Rent is typically 40-50% off when buying day of show at TKTS (show is good where it's playing now, but nothing like back in it's heyday!).

You can get a discount for rent from broadwaybox.com. It's under the off broadway discounts as its considered off broadway now.

Lara

I have used theatermania several times. For hotels, we've stayed several times at Times Square hotels but used points because it was pricey. The hotels I liked the best were the Hampton and Comfort Inn in Chelsea. A nice little walk but the area had a cozy small town feel. Little local restaurants that didn't break the bank. I took my DD each trip because she was looking at NYU.

I live close to NYC (Long Island) but this weekend I stayed at the Westin in Times Square. The rooms were very nice for NYC (Decent size and awesome beds) and it is a block away from Broadway (43rd and 8th ave). We got the room for ~170 a night and that was for the weekend.

I have used theatermania several times. For hotels, we've stayed several times at Times Square hotels but used points because it was pricey. The hotels I liked the best were the Hampton and Comfort Inn in Chelsea. A nice little walk but the area had a cozy small town feel. Little local restaurants that didn't break the bank. I took my DD each trip because she was looking at NYU.

belleatheart: what did you pay at the hampton? i like it there as well. did you book thru the hotelhampton itself?

Not sure when you were planning to go, but Rent is having a special buy one get one free offer from 1/30 to 2/12. The details are on Broadwaybox.com.

I have used that site for discounts and it is great!

I took my dd to see Rent on Broadway for her 16th birthday (about 9 years ago) it's a great show!

Hope you have a wonderful trip! :)

Not sure when you were planning to go, but Rent is having a special buy one get one free offer from 1/30 to 2/12. The details are on Broadwaybox.com.

I have used that site for discounts and it is great!

I took my dd to see Rent on Broadway for her 16th birthday (about 9 years ago) it's a great show!

Hope you have a wonderful trip! :)

Thanks...I did see that and, conveniently, her birthday is February 12 so we will be using that discount!

I pretty much guarantee Rent does student rush. I don't think it'd be too crowded, now that it's off, but can't be positive. If you want cheap tix though, that'd be the cheapest way to go.

As for hotels - don't stay in Times Square. There are a few NYC threads floating about from not long ago with a lot of hotel and attraction info.

We find our best NYC deals on travelzoo.com. Hotels, shows, and sometimes sightseeing as well.
Have a great trip!
Tessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter