Help me decide on a room!

catiesmom

Earning My Ears
We're planning to go to Aulani (first time!) in December 2021 for 1 week. There's 5 of us - DH, me, DD13, DS11, DS10. We have sufficient DVC points to get a 2-bedroom Island Gardens View room. OR I can go with a 1-bedroom Ocean View. I'm torn between more space and less view or less space and more view. We are a very active family so probably won's spend too much time in the room. The one-bedroom is also less points but that's not really a concern. We will also spend another week somewhere else in Hawaii. Thoughts and opinions?? Thanks!

Honestly, some of the OV is reputedly disappointing. Would you be unhappy in the 1BR if you got one of them?

If you are booking at 7 months the 1BR is a more likely get.

Thanks! Yes, that's kinda what I'm thinking as well. Definitely leaning towards the 2-bedroom. We own at Aulani so can book at 11 months. Hopefully availability won't be an issue!

We own Mountain View at the Marriott’s Ko Olina, and don’t regret it. Mountain View can still offer lovely views, and I’d take the extra space for sure.

Another vote for the 2-BR. I think the views are nice either way so the deciding factor is the extra space.

If you like real beds rather than sofabeds or fold-downs, then the dedicated 2BR units are excellent--the main BR has a king (I think...maybe a Queen but definitely only one bed) and the second BR has two queens. Very easy to have younger ones go to bed earlier and older folks stay up in the main room.

2 bedroom for sure. We go every year and stay in a standard view because we are never in the room during the day. Much better to have more space than a view you might use a few minutes each day.

I have done Island View and Ocean View a few times. Hands down to have more space and conserve points go with Island View for that 2 bedroom! If you request a high floor you will see partial ocean and mountains, it’s still very nice. Also quiet. Ocean view is ok you don’t get the greatest views except for overlooking pool with some ocean views, it’s by no means ocean front.

We are a family of 5 and travel to Aulani 4 or 5 times a year. While we typically stay in a 1 bedroom, I’m in the process for planning for Xmas 2021 and as our kids are now getting bigger (12, 10 and 8), I think we will all just be happier in a 2 bedroom. Even with littles, the 1 bedroom can be tight. And I don’t want to have to remake the sofa bed every morning. Here’s a tip - Request an island View room on a high floor in the Ewa tower facing the Halawai Lawn. These rooms are in the island view category but many have great ocean views!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter