Help me convince my boyfriend Disney is NOT "just for kids".. with PICTURES!

CinRell

DIS Veteran
Please help me... I can talk about Disney til I'm blue in the face or the fact it can be romantic or that there are fun activities FOR ADULTS... (though I admit I love the kid stuff more than anything!).... but my boyfriend wants more proof disney isn't just a giant playground aimed toward children we will have to dodge our entire trip (if I can convince him to go).

Can you post pics of fun/romantic/adventurous, etc etc etc things you did on an adult only trip? Thank you!!!!

Would your BF appreciate a list of the best "make out" locations on property?;)

Any place with high quality adult restaurants, hot tubs and late night fireworks shows is not entirely for kids.

Here is a pic of my 23 YO old riding a Doom Buggy! lol

1131241.jpg

Thanks guys! Keep em coming! The fact I'm not the only adult who claims disney has a ton to do for "adults only" trips will help:)

If all else fails, tell him to search for "flash mountain" in google images

Definatly proof it's not just for kids :woohoo:

I know I posted this some months back on the adults photo thread, but it's hard to beat spending some quality time drinkin' it up at La Cava del Tequila! The times I've dropped by I think I've only seen a few kids if any around. It's a great stop during the afternoon in Epcot. Same for the Rose and Crown for grabbing a drink or two to cool off in the A/C.

IMG_0151.jpg

If if fits into your schedule, I'd plan the trip during the Food & Wine fest. A ton a great food and drinks to check out, and a lot of seminars and other activities which are primarily focused on adults.

There's other cool stuff as well like taking a Segway tour in Epcot or Ft. Wilderness. Basically all the fun stuff I couldn't do as a kid in WDW, I can now do, but act like a kid doing it.

I spent one day last year having some drinks by the pool at Wilderness Lodge, then hit the SeaRaycer speed boats with my Dad, and then finished things off hanging out at the Poly with drinks at the Tambu ... never could have done that as a kid!

Please help me... I can talk about Disney til I'm blue in the face or the fact it can be romantic or that there are fun activities FOR ADULTS... (though I admit I love the kid stuff more than anything!).... but my boyfriend wants more proof disney isn't just a giant playground aimed toward children we will have to dodge our entire trip (if I can convince him to go).

Can you post pics of fun/romantic/adventurous, etc etc etc things you did on an adult only trip? Thank you!!!!

My DH and I took our first trip when we were 21 to Disney together and of all my years (all 24 of 'em ) it was my favourite trip. We drank around the world at EPCOT (which is awesome) and had a fantastic time at the parks and we even just liked hanging out at our resort POR. It almost felt liberating, while all these families were arguing/moving slowly/taking bathroom breaks/fighting with the kids etc. - we felt so care free. Although I have to say I'm looking forward to having kids and sharing the fun with them too.:)

4 adults - ages 29-32

We did Drink Around The World at Epcot during Food & Wine Festival last year. And made the t-shirts declaring our intentions to the masses.

datw2.jpg

Is he into nature? Tell him about the Flower and Garden Festival :hippie:

100_0593.jpg

How did they do that? They'll tell you!

Is he a SciFi fan? Tell him about Star Wars Weekends! :darth:

Celebrities!

100_0528.jpg

and Characters

100_0530.jpg

Darth Goofy Rock!

Is he into Food & Drink? As others have said there is The Food & Wine Festival! (Sorry no photos, I haven't been to FWF; YET!):rolleyes1

There are Kid free zones: Victoria & Albert's as well as JellyRolls come to mind!
Plus ever Main Pool has a Pool BAR! That kind of screams Adult!:cool2:

I'll get my daughter to post some. She and her DBF have been there 3 times together, with a group of adults with me and my DH and by themselves. We are going again with them in June. They are 20 and 21, and my DH and I are 46 and 47.

Last summer we ate an early dinner at Ohana, after dinner we grabbed some beach chairs and parked opurselves in the sand facing the castle. We had pina colodas (some were virgin lol) and watched the sunset while listening to Hawaiin music. We watched the electric parade, and then "Wishes". What a beautiful evening. The grounds of the Poly at night are completely romantic. Thick with ferns and flowers, lit torches and tiki statues. If you're lucky you can get a hammock and watch the sky catch fire as the sun sets over the lake...

This memory got me through 3 nasty blizzards this winter!

Just to add another vote...

Married in Disney, but without the characters/ cutesy things normally associated with Disney. We like the Parks and general area but have no real interest in the 'princess stuff', as we call it ;-) Been down there many times since, without kids. We love it.
I would really steer him towards Epcot and the Food and Wine fest.
Just steer him away from the "Lilo and Stitch" ride.

Come to think of it, steer everyone away from the Lilo and Stitch ride... what a piece of c**p.

We usually try to go down in September/October to coincide with the free Dining/Food and Wine Fest offers. Free dining gets me every time.
If someone offered to drop me in the middle of Idaho and give me free high-end meals all week, I would gladly go there on vacation. The rides at the parks and the sights at Epcot are icing on the cake.
No offense to the people from Idaho intended...

He reminds me of my wife before the first time we went (albeit not anatomically); she was 'ehhhhhhhh' about it. Now she loves it more than I.

-Chris

Just to add another vote...

Married in Disney, but without the characters/ cutesy things normally associated with Disney. We like the Parks and general area but have no real interest in the 'princess stuff', as we call it ;-) Been down there many times since, without kids. We love it.
I would really steer him towards Epcot and the Food and Wine fest.
Just steer him away from the "Lilo and Stitch" ride.

Come to think of it, steer everyone away from the Lilo and Stitch ride... what a piece of c**p.

We usually try to go down in September/October to coincide with the free Dining/Food and Wine Fest offers. Free dining gets me every time.
If someone offered to drop me in the middle of Idaho and give me free high-end meals all week, I would gladly go there on vacation. The rides at the parks and the sights at Epcot are icing on the cake.
No offense to the people from Idaho intended...

He reminds me of my wife before the first time we went (albeit not anatomically); she was 'ehhhhhhhh' about it. Now she loves it more than I.

-Chris

Good thought.. he hates the smell.. taste.. texture.. EVERYTHING of onion.. stitch would NOT go over well.

I've been twice on adult only trips and they were GREAT but I'm a big kid (at 34) and LOVE the characters, IASW, parades.. so when I start talking about disney suddenly I can see why it doesn't seem desirable to him...

Thanks all for the replies!!!!

F&W festival = GREAT Idea;)

Hey Cindy!

There's so much I could say on this topic - I was once very skeptical about Disneyworld. I'd been to Disneyland CA when I was in college, and while I loved that experience I couldn't imagine spending an entire week vacationing at "Disney". My ex at the time had been to WDW and knew far better than I that there was more to the experience than just the Magic Kingdom "amusement" park, which I think is how many of the "uninitiated" vision WDW. I know that's how I saw it. I had no idea there was so much else to the experience. I'll just list some of what I discovered both on my first trip to WDW and since then.

Dining - WDW has some amazing dining experiences that any foodie would appreciate. The range of options is staggering. If he likes to eat, the dining options at WDW offer endless delights!

Golf - If he's a golfer, the courses at WDW are world class, as is the service. It can be pricey during the "high" season, but there are discounts for afternoon play and it's fairly reasonable when you consider the quality of the experience and the comps elsewhere. There are few places in this country where you can stay and play on a PGA Tour course. The Palm and Magnolia offer any golf fan the opportunity to do just that.

Pools - Most of us like to relax by the pool on vacation, and except for a very brief part of the year, the pool experience at Disney is an absolute must! There's little better than being able to return to your hotel and enjoy some pool time to refresh yourself during the height of the afteroon before heading back out for some evening fun.

Asthetics/Attention to detail - Disney takes great care in virtually everything they do. The Disney experience isn't inexpensive, but for my money, there's a lot of value in the virtually guaranteed high quality of the experience. It's a 24/7production, and aside from public safety and comfort, the "show" is the most important thing that they do. All of your senses are treated to an asthetic masterpiece each and every moment of the day. Flowers are everywhere, architectural design is not only thematic but pleasing, and music (that comes from everywhere and nowhere) plays at the correct volume and helps set the stage for the visual show, whether in a resort setting or a theme park.

Theming & Parks - You don't have to buy into the "Magic" or the character thing to enjoy Disney. Magic to one person might simply be unparalleled customer service or stage performance to another. WDW offers world class entertainment each and every day, and their adult rides and attractions are among the most thrilling around. Even their "queuing" or waitline management is well thought out and includes entertainment and education. Bottom line, the parks are more than just Fantasyland and certainly more than just for kids and families.

Like any other vacation experience, a WDW vacation is what you make of it. Disney does a great job of setting the stage and offering world class customer service to help you have a fabulous time. If your BF loves being with you, I can't imagine he wouldn't enjoy being with you there.

Good luck Cin!!!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!