Help me convince DH to switch

I took a trip with a friend, and tried to convince her to upgrade, and she wouldn't budge, and we stayed at Pop. For her, it made sense, for me it didn't.

I use the pools, and LOVE hot tubs (especially after all the walking in disney), she didn't visit the pools at any time.

I used the food courts for coffee, and prefer to have a TS location at the resort for a place to eat for an evening. She never stepped foot in the food court that I took a 15 minute walk to and from every morning.

I personally, having experience at BC, wouldn't base my hotel choice on just buses. That's one aspect of the trip. Your rooms and beds will be larger, you have a better and more fun pool (plus hot tub), more dining options, and a hotel that is much easier on the eyes. (I, personally, was not a fan of the over-large icon statues everywhere. much prefer the landscaping and beauty for my resort choice) I think that for just $200, it's not even a question, definitely upgrade.

Do it, do it, do it. Anytime, you can upgrade from one level resort to another for that much money, I would do it.

And I also, like previous posters, would not base my decision solely on one person's (or a few persons) experience on the buses.

I like the fact of leaving the driving to someone else. Personnally, I stay at POR every year and have never had issue with the buses, whether I was a solo traveler or with a group, because I tend to travel at off-times.

I would definitey upgrade to POR, it is so beautiful! We stayed there for a week in October and only shared a bus with POFQ once and it wasn't very crowded. It's so worth the upgrade!

2 words: QUEEN BED

I love my DH dearly, but I won't sleep in a full size with him ever again! :rotfl:

For $200 it is completely worth it! :thumbsup2

JennSaint said:
The beauty of the resort alone out weighs the bus issue hands down. If you could switch to POFQ for that same amount I would pick POFQ though over POR. First bus stop and if it fills it doesn't stop at POR.

We agree.... FQ over Riverside any day.... Just on size alone...

Both resorts have queen beds, hot tubs, boat to DTD but FQ is alot, I say alot more compact no matter what building you're in...

And from our experience at FQ, bus stopped at FQ first then onto Riverside.....we always got a seat....

Oh my --- I stayed at a value resort during Spring Break/Easter time and it was a NIGHTMARE. I never dreamed that so many kids would be at WDW during that time frame.....I say kids but high-school/college aged (and I think all the parents were at home). We had teenagers banging on our doors all hours of the night - it was so loud that I will never do that again!! I have always found the moderates to be more relaxing and I think that the $200 would be money well spent!! I have stayed at both Riverside and French Quarter and honestly liked them both.

I would have had my husband convinced with "Queen" bed.

The noise is also something that turned us from POP. Port Orleans is so much quieter. You won't feel like you are with thousands and thousands of people.
It is so much more relaxing after a busy day "parking".

Both PO resorts are at the top of our favorite list. I do not think POFQ is also only $200 more, since POFQ seems to no longer get the higher discounts like the other Mods. Our family likes POR the best, our trip last month we went to the parks 6 days (12 bus trips) and we shared with POFQ twice. We actually like the bigger size of POR, it is such an enjoyable and relaxing walk. Plus when we want to rent a surrey bike or boat, we have to go to POR anyways. And yes, queen beds alone would have convinced me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter