Help. I'm here now. Won't give me housekeeping $ because of TA

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I called the front desk. I am here for 5 nights. It is a combination of two reservations: the first one I made on my own for two nights, and the second reservation was made through the TA for three nights. So bascially, I should get three Opt out credits. I"m not looking for four, and I'm not looking for five. I'm looking for what I am entitled to, which would be one for the first reservation and two for the second. Total of $30 (or three )
Right now, you may be eligible to receive $10, for your first reservation. You aren't "entitled" to anything for the second reservation, because it hasn't started yet. When you check in for the second reservation, if it isn't offered, take it up with the front desk.

OK, I called the front desk. I am here for 5 nights. It is a combination of two reservations: the first one I made on my own for two nights, and the second reservation was made through the TA for three nights. So bascially, I should get three Opt out credits. I"m not looking for four, and I'm not looking for five. I'm looking for what I am entitled to, which would be one for the first reservation and two for the second. Total of $30 (or three )

You are not "entitled" to anything if you are not elibgible for whatever reason they informed you of.

I was not allowed to opt out at POP last month, because my TA booked it as a group rate. It was not a big deal. I moved on.

Pop is the resort that gives the biggest push-back on offering the $10 gift card with convention/group rates.

I had heard on these boards that certain travel agencies were ineligible for the gift card to opt out of housekeeping, but I’m wondering if this is actually listed as a policy somewhere? I wasn’t expecting to get the option, based on what I heard, but it was offered to me before I even asked.

There is no policy listed anywhere and it is up to the resort's discretion as to whether they will offer this or not. Generally speaking, resorts will not offer it if a guest is staying on a convention or group rate (as mentioned, Pop, reportedly, pushes back the most).

You aren't entitled to anything. No one is "entitled" to these gift cards. It's not something that is promised to anyone and it's a program they can offer or not offer to anyone at any time. I would enjoy your room discount and let the $20 go.

Go down to the front desk the day your second reservation starts and ask again. If they say no, take the housekeeping. Good luck! :)

If you booked at a convention rate, you are ineligible for the Service Your Way program.

Ah, so that’s a pretty specific discount from what is likely a pretty specific TA...interesting.

The Mom's panel is correct, for a change. They get things right even less than a CM does

Right?

OP. I'm not sure why it would matter and you could ask to speak to a higher up or email Disney if you'd like.
I know $20 can do a world of good but is that $20 worth the extra time and effort?

Eh, sometimes it’s the principle of the thing. And it gives you practice for the big things.

OK, I called the front desk.

FYI that means you were speaking to someone at a call center offsite and maybe out of state. It’s possible they got it right. It’s possible they didn’t.

But you definitely aren’t going to get the GC for a stay that hasn’t yet started.

Two different reservations.
One two nights.
One three nights.

First reservation would get you $10
Second reservation would get you $20.

Assuming you met all other criteria

There is no policy listed anywhere and it is up to the resort's discretion as to whether they will offer this or not. Generally speaking, resorts will not offer it if a guest is staying on a convention or group rate (as mentioned, Pop, reportedly, pushes back the most).

There's got to be a policy somewhere because when I booked my group rate room at Pop for the Dis event directly with WDW not with a TA, she specifically told me that I wouldn't be eligible for the credit and wanted to make sure it was both ok and I was aware of it. I booked back in Nov/Dec within a day or two of the group space being secured by Dreams for the event in Aug. While I'd like the $40 it's not a big deal since I saved more than that with the group rate.

When we stayed at POR last year we booked through an agency with an exclusive discount. We were told we couldn't get the gift card to turn down housekeeping because we booked through them and were technically part of a group/convention rate reservation. Made sense to me.

I wonder why? If it’s worth $10 to Disney to have one less room to clean that day, what difference does it make what price the occupant paid when they booked it?

There's got to be a policy somewhere because when I booked my group rate room at Pop for the Dis event directly with WDW not with a TA, she specifically told me that I wouldn't be eligible for the credit and wanted to make sure it was both ok and I was aware of it. I booked back in Nov/Dec within a day or two of the group space being secured by Dreams for the event in Aug. While I'd like the $40 it's not a big deal since I saved more than that with the group rate.

I'll rephrase my comment. There is no written policy available to the general public (or TA's for that matter), but, as you experienced yourself, that is the WDW policy in regard to giving gift cards to guests on convention rates. If you scour the internet, you will also see WDW does not have this program listed on any of their official sites (there is a question about it on Disney Moms, but we all know they are frequently not accurate and shouldn't be taken as the "official" word) and offering it (or not offering it) to guests is completely at the resort's discretion. This is something we all found out about through blogs, third-party sites and social media. Unfortunately, what that does, IMHO, is convince people they are "entitled" to something that may or may not be offered to them once they arrive at the resort. IMHO, no one should expect to be offered this program as it could be revoked at any time. WDW has a habit of doing things but not putting anything in writing so they have the flexibility to do it or not do it at their convenience and discretion.

Update. Called the front desk again. Apparently, after looking into this further, they discovered that my TA booked me in with other people on a convention, and thus was not entitled to the housekeeping discount. HOWEVER.....I am NOT here with a convention or group....and finally got the money credited to my account. For those of you who said I shouldn't worry about it or whatever, here's the deal. If I am entitled to the money for giving up housekeeping ,then I am entitled to it. Simple as that.

By the way, yes I have a discounted rate, but I don't believe I have a convention rate. I"m assuming that would be a whole heck of a lot less then I am paying.

Update. Called the front desk again. Apparently, after looking into this further, they discovered that my TA booked me in with other people on a convention, and thus was not entitled to the housekeeping discount. HOWEVER.....I am NOT here with a convention or group....and finally got the money credited to my account. For those of you who said I shouldn't worry about it or whatever, here's the deal. If I am entitled to the money for giving up housekeeping ,then I am entitled to it. Simple as that.

Was the time it took worth it to you? If so I guess that's what matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!