Help. I'm here now. Won't give me housekeeping $ because of TA

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you booked at a convention rate, you are ineligible for the Service Your Way program.

Yes, this. It's not because the room was discounted, per se, it's because it's part of a convention/group room block. Convention/group rates are not eligible for this program. OP, I'm assuming you saved more than $10 per night by booking with the TA's rates? So, maybe just let it go and enjoy your discount and daily housekeeping.

My understanding is that the Service My Way on a 3 night stay would only apply for 2 nights, you don't get a credit for your last night since your room needs to be cleaned on the last day. Since you have 2 reservations, not 1 you're not eligible for getting 4 nights credit.
/
This! I also believe it has nothing to do with the TA discounted room and more about that the OP has 2 reservations and one does not qualify. Just because they connected the reservations does not make it a 5 night reservation.

I always get the gift card when using pin codes from Disney for 25%off value resorts. We haven’t used housekeeping last two trips.
Of course I always book myself.

Hi. Am at my resort now. I had two separate reservations for a two day stay that changed into an additional three days. My TA made the reservation for the three days for me, and I added on the front two days separately. They were able to make it work so I didn't have to change rooms, so that's good.

HOWEVER...They gave me a $10 gift card because I wasn't getting housekeeping on the first two days....BUT they won't give me any gift cards for the remaining days because they said they were "discounted" rooms. Well, yes, my TA got me discounted rooms, but what difference should that make????

I think the problem is that you have two separate reservations and you haven't checked into the room on the second reservation yet. Disney doesn't "own" a reservation made by a TA until the guest checks in, according to my understanding. Once a guest checks in then Disney can work with the reservation to make changes, give upgrades, etc. So once you check into the second room, then you can ask again about the gift card. Make sure you speak to a different CM when you do. ;)

Last edited:
I’ve booked with a particular travel agency that offers convention rates over Christmas. I’ve got gift cards twice for opting out of housekeeping.
I have too, but someone mentioned upthread the policy was changed 6 months ago. My stay was last June when I received the gift card. Regardless, this summer we have free dining booked so I'd imagine we will be eligible since this is not a convention rate?

I have too, but someone mentioned upthread the policy was changed 6 months ago. My stay was last June when I received the gift card. Regardless, this summer we have free dining booked so I'd imagine we will be eligible since this is not a convention rate?
I stayed in December with free dining and had no issue opting out of housekeeping and receiving an e-gift card.

I stayed on a convention rate 3 months ago.

I think it's more likely that your second reservation hasn't started yet, as you have 2 separate reservations, and when it does you can opt-out of housekeeping then. You should get a $10 gift card for the first reservation and $20 for the second reservation. Honestly, it wouldn't be worth my time to be upset over it.

You mean Disney implements a policy change in an inconsistent way? Say it isn't so
I had heard on these boards that certain travel agencies were ineligible for the gift card to opt out of housekeeping, but I’m wondering if this is actually listed as a policy somewhere? I wasn’t expecting to get the option, based on what I heard, but it was offered to me before I even asked.

OK, I called the front desk. I am here for 5 nights. It is a combination of two reservations: the first one I made on my own for two nights, and the second reservation was made through the TA for three nights. So bascially, I should get three Opt out credits. I"m not looking for four, and I'm not looking for five. I'm looking for what I am entitled to, which would be one for the first reservation and two for the second. Total of $30 (or three )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter