Help! I thought I understood Early Entry. . . guess not!

Just back from WDW. Found one item that could have contributed to confusion re. EE. One sheet we received at the WL said: "Extra Magic Hour from select Disney resorts." I think the choice of the word "select" is unfortunate and may be the source of the confusion discussed on this thread.

Could they have asked about EE at AK and somehow the CM told them about the sunrise safari? I think that is only for AKL concierge guests?

My DF was all gungho about going on the sunrise safari when we stayed at AKL concierge, until he found out it wasn't free.

Maybe it was referring to the fact that if you drive you will not be allowed to enter MK early.

Is this for real? You can't drive in and park at the TTC for early entry? I'd bet the resort monorail runs that early. Or are the parking payment booths closed? I don't do early entry but I can't believe they wouldn't let people in who drive cars to the MK from the resorts.

In fact, the OP's parents may have read some information on which monorail to take for the early morning entry, and interpreted that to mean that the resort monorail is reserved for monorail-resort guests, which is not so. Any guest with park tickets may ride the resort monorail.

TDC Nala said:
Is this for real? You can't drive in and park at the TTC for early entry? I'd bet the resort monorail runs that early. Or are the parking payment booths closed? I don't do early entry but I can't believe they wouldn't let people in who drive cars to the MK from the resorts.

This is not true. You can easily drive there on an EMH day. We have done it ourselves. They see your sheet on your dash that you are given when you check in.

In fact, during EMH, even not resort guests can drive through the toll entrances (provided they pay the $7 or is it $8 now), they are just not allowed onto the ferry or monorail until closer to 9:00.

BrianD said:
This is not true. You can easily drive there on an EMH day. We have done it ourselves. They see your sheet on your dash that you are given when you check in.

In fact, during EMH, even not resort guests can drive through the toll entrances (provided they pay the $7 or is it $8 now), they are just not allowed onto the ferry or monorail until closer to 9:00.

In March we were there and my brother had reservations for an early tour. They choose to take a cab over to MK. They were dropped off at the TTC and not allowed to take the monorail or boat early. They were staying on property. Not sure what happens if you have your own car, but my understanding is that you park at the same place where he was dropped off. If that is the case, then you will not get into early entry unless you take Disney transportation. If not, then I guess the difference is where you are dropped off if you use a taxi

kathylovesdisneyworl said:
In March we were there and my brother had reservations for an early tour. They choose to take a cab over to MK. They were dropped off at the TTC and not allowed to take the monorail or boat early. They were staying on property. Not sure what happens if you have your own car, but my understanding is that you park at the same place where he was dropped off. If that is the case, then you will not get into early entry unless you take Disney transportation. If not, then I guess the difference is where you are dropped off if you use a taxi

The TTC is where everyone parks for the MK. Once you are there, they will not let you proceed during early entry to MK (via boat or ferry) unless you are a Disney resort guest. If you are a Disney resort guest and you have your resort ID they will let you through.

Howdie, ALL!!! As the OP, I thought I'd give you the latest "update" on the whole EE thing -- though there really isn't too much to update. . .

We just got back from our WONDERFUL trip to WDW and, YES, we did have EE as guests of POP!!! So, I do not know what kind of information my parents read. . . I would have loved to see the "evidence." :rolleyes:

So, don't worry everyone! EE is definitely available for ALL resort guests!! We used it quite often. :cheer2:

We changed our ressies last week from Contemporary to POP (5 nights for the price of 2!!!) When I was doing this, the CM informed me that I would not be able to do EMH!!! I said 'no sir, I think you are mistaken.' He said that the value resorts did not get the perk of EMH. I said, 'I think you should double check this.' He did and he said yes, he was mistaken. Can you believe this? I jokingly told him he should burn this into his memory and not EVER make that mistake again. That could be a big deal for someone making the decision against staying offsite. The CM's have to be getting this infor from somewhere.??? We'll be at POP next week. Can't wait! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter