Help!! I need to decide which resort so that I can get some work done today!!

manhattan

DIS Veteran
I currently have reservations for AKL savanah view for us - DH and I, DS 9, DD 7, and DD 10 mos. My little one is used to sleeping in bed with us, which is fine in a king size bed, but I am not sure how we will manage in a queen size bed. Yes, she occassionally sleeps in her crib, but wakes up every two hours- which I definitely don't want to do during vacation. Now I am looking at rooms that will accomodate 5, this at least gives us the option of somewhere else to sleep, in case the queen is too small. I am thinking of the Poly- although stayed there once and wasn't happy with paying $400 a night for the worst service we have ever rec'd at Disney. Going to WDW to celebrate 10 yr wedding anniversary. I quickly priced in on the web and found that for additional $512 we could do Poly Concierge, which breaks down to $16.03 per person, per day. Plus, we would be on the monorail- which is great with the baby. I have been wanting to stay at AKL since it opened, but with the baby, I am thinking the Poly may be the way to go. Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated.

I think you would find the rooms at the AKL to be a bit cramped if you've already been at the Poly- sorry you had bad service- but that can happen everywhere- hopefully you complained and got some relief. We stayed at the AKL when our children were 2,3,5 and it was okay- the little one slept in the port a crib but with that open there was almost no room to get by the bed. I would pick the resort with the larger rooms with 3 children- I think Poly and maybe Grand Floridian have pretty big ones- I also hear that CR has large ones too- I'd check that one out too! Or you could opt for a 1 BR at OKW and have a separate room- that's always nice- sorry giving you too many options!
Tara

I am not sure but aren't the deluxe concierge rooms at AKL bigger than standard rooms? I am fairly certain that they are able to accommodate five. Also, the concierge prices there are probably comparable to Polynesian concierge. I would look into that if you have your heart set on AKL. It is really fun for kids.

Deluxe rooms at AKL are bigger. I asked what the difference price was for Savannah view vs. Deluxe Savannah view and I was told the rooms were bigger to accommodate five people in them.

Kathy

crs7568 makes a good point. Not only are there deluxe concierge rooms at the AKL, also there are just deluxe rooms(same size as concierge, just no concierge service) at the AKL which sleep 5. They are definately more cramped than any room at the Poly, but if you really want to stay at the AKL, maybe that would be an option.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter