HELP!!! I need chrismas party ideas

lsherman

Mouseketeer
my son is in first grade in a lutheran school and i was just asked to do his christmas party this fri!! please throw me some ideas, here is what i came up with so far, there are only 12 kidsin his class so that is not that much.

i thought about have the kids cut out a snow flake with paper then use some white tshirts and put flake on tshirt then spray with fabric spray, maybe get a few diff colors.

then i was thinking i should have them make gingerbread houses, have diff stations for house, frosting, toppings

you got anything else? :scared1:

Make snowmen, round styrofoam craft balls, stick them together and have them decorate them.

We are doing a snowball hunt in my DD's first grade class. We are using their cubby numbers, but you could use their names. We are putting the number on a cotton(snow)ball and hiding it in a pile of cottonballs around the room. When they find it, they great a treat.

We are also doing the right/left game. You can find it online. Just google "right/left christmas game".

All of the classes are making a winter wonderland snowglobe ornament. This is on the Family Fun website.

Other classes are doing the following:
-Race to see what team can decorate the "tree" (a person on the team) the fastest using small candy canes and only hanging them using the hook of the cane.

-Holiday Bingo again you can find it online.

-Freeze Dance the kids dance to holiday music then must stop moving the minute the music stops.

-You can do a snowball fight using cottonballs. Whatever side has the most on their side loses.

I hope this helps.

when I used to plan the christmas parties for my DD's class back in elem school years ago (sigh), one of the favorite games I had the kids play was string the Christmas lights. You need 2 skeins (sp?) of yarn and 2 cardboard needle cut outs. I made the needle cut outs myself. Basically, make an overly dramatic tear drop shape and then cut a small hole in the center. Thread the yarn through the hole and tie it around the piece of cardboard. Divide the class in half and have them stand in two lines opposite each other so that each line is standing shoulder to shoulder. Start the yarn at one end. The first person has to string the yarn up one sleeve and down the other and then pass it on to the next person. The first team to string all of their 'lights' (or students) together wins. THEY ALWAYS LOVED THIS GAME.

we did the right/left game too. The students usually brought in a wrapped book for a boy or girl (whatever they were). I had them stand in a circle (one for the boys and one for the girls) and they passed the books to the right or left according to the story. At the end, I would ask if anyone had the book they brought in and as long as they didn't, that was the book they got to keep. Only once did I have someone end up w/ their own book and I have no idea how that happened. :confused3 Then I just asked for a volunteer who would be willing to trade and had them trade before opening. The kids liked this too. You can do gender neutral books when the kids are younger. But as they get into upper elem grades, we found it worked better to split them up boy or girl as the genres become a little more gender specific. just a suggestion though....
Hope the party goes well.

That t-shirt project sounds like a lot of work for you. So does the ginger bread houses. I would go for something simpler like decorate a gingerbread MAN/WOMAN that you can put in a cellophane bag for them to take home. Think simple ideas. Have a dance contest to Christmas music, read the Christmas story aloud since it is a Christian school, color a Christmas coloring sheet, bring a digi camera and printer to take each child's photo to place on a homemade ornament.

How much time do you have? Are you responsible for giving them a snack? Do students generally bring a snack to share with the class? Also ask the teacher what prior mother's have done and what she enjoyed that previous Mom's have done. Just remember not to leave the room a disaster with some horrid project that the teacher will have to clean up before the teacher starts her holiday!

Maybe you could have each student bring a gift for a needy child rather than have a class gift exchange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter