HELP! EBTA cruisers, didn't leave the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Not a lot of new information, the slips that need to be handed in aren't there anymore and the site mentioned to check the compliance is actually the one in the e-mail stating you only have 10 days left.

Only 2 days left for us, but the flight story here gave me some confidence they actually do clear overstay-records. Didn't get an update from Disney over the weekend and don't expect one today as the person who's contact information we got seems to work Tuesday till Saturday

In case it's helpful, some media advice with my public affairs hat on: It would definitely be worth getting some of the affected to reach out to the press to put pressure on Disney and others to sort this out. I'd also encourage all of you (if you're able to coordinate) to tweet about the issue and 'at' both Disney, Disney Cruise Line and specific media outlets. Have a look on google news for outlets that cover Disney Cruise Line/the cruise industry (in the UK the Express has a lot of coverage for example), look for a 'contact us' page on their website and look for the journalists on twitter and try and contact them directly too.

So apparently the final conclusion from Disney is they can't do anything but provide us with proof we were on the cruise. We each have to request the proof from them and it will take 72 hours (!!!) for them to get it. We then have to forward the proof to CBS and hope for the best.

Why Disney isn't providing the proof voluntarily and why it would take them this long is beyond me

Last edited:
Can you formulate a nice, concise tweet of the issue? Id be willing to start tweeting at them and I am sure others here at Dis Boards would as well. Ive found companies (sadly) respond to public shaming more than anything these days so hitting from multiple angles may help.

Good idea, I have posted on my business Twitter, maybe some Irish media might see it. Is there an email address to contact you that e can pass on to media

I also tweeted how unsettling it is that DCL isnt making people aware of this. I am not personally affected this time but as someone that likes cruising I find this very worrisome. If you want to interact with my tweets I am smurfette2626 I will try to follow along with others that post twitter handles.

The fact that DCL is not making folks aware of this is unacceptable. Having to find out through tweet or message board is outrageous. The ball was really dropped here.

The fact that DCL is not making folks aware of this is unacceptable. Having to find out through tweet or message board is outrageous. The ball was really dropped here.
Yes, mistakes happen and I can see Disney being unable to make CBP run any quicker to resolve it. But why they don't just send the proof to each non-US traveler with a message, you may not need it, but please check here if you do and send them this is you need proof.

I am REALLY confused!!! Why is this just being brought up now when the cruise was May 12 - 25th? Are these people on their cruise or, is it now coming to light because they are nearing a certain number of days since they actually left the US?

As awful as this is, this entire time I was thinking these people were on their cruise right now and feeling awful about how could they enjoy themselves with this hanging over their heads? I'm sorry it's happened but thankful they (appear) to not still be on their cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter