Help! DFi is refusing rides!

The Sun Wheel, affectionately known as the Sun Wheel O Death

That's what it felt like to me. I normally love ferris wheels and didn't think this one would bother me but I was wrong. It probably had more to do with riding in the swinging cars than it being a ferris wheel and unfortunately I had to ride it twice (once with each child) because dh refused to ride it. I might give it one more chance if I make it back to DCA but it would only be in the fixed cars.

I took one for the team and was the parent who took our 5 and 1/2 year old on the Sun Wheel when we were there this past November...and he HAD to go on a moving gondola. I got a bit panicky when I realized there were motion sickness bags tucked in the side of the gondola. Luckily we were paired up with a very nice older gentleman and his son-in-law and talking with them distracted me enough that I didn't get too woozy. But I don't think I will ever be able to do it again, at least not in a moving gondola.

Honestly, I was not impressed with many of the Paradise Pier rides, aside from CA Screamin'; this was the first trip that we spent any time over on that side of the park and I am not sure I will be hot to head over there on future trips. I enjoyed the "kiddie" rides in Bug Land much more.

That Farris wheel is aweful, I will NEVER go on that again. No seat belts, you need them. That thing is so bad it actually has motion sickness bags provided...

While I don't get queasy, I don't like the Sun Wheel because I find it really boring. It always has a long line and I personally don't think the ride is worth the wait. You can get some good pictures from the top though of Grizzly Peak, ToT, and Matterhorn. Here's one I shot from my last trip: Well I was gonna post, but Webshots is down. :(

Seriously, I would say leave him to watch. Plenty of places for him to relax while you ride. I'm 36, drive my mustang in the triple digits, and I hate that frickin ferris wheel. It's high. I have a blast on Mulholland Madness with my wife but is does scare the crapola outta me on this one drop. Think of DCA as being more like an old 50's amusement park and how those rides were scary and maybe you'll have a better idea. I have done the maliboomer in the past, but I am done with it.

DCA isnt like DL. DL is more about the story while DCA is about thrills.

The Ferris Wheel has end cars that are stationary. My husband was reluctant, but loved the stationary car ride. No queasiness, jusst a great view and ride. Start him on some of the easier rides and maybe he will work up some enthusiasm to try more than you think when he sees how neat it is. He can also see the settings on Tower of Terror and still not go up.

This is someone you love? Then back the heck off and don't try to push or shame him out of his comfort zone. Not everyone likes thrill rides and those who don't generally are not overwhelmingly thrilled by people trying to force the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter