HELP!! DDP ?? Leaving now!!

mystikgarden

DIS Veteran
Hi!! We are leaving for the world NOW!! :cool1:

I waited and waited and called Disney to add on DDP and the nice man on the phone said I couldn't do that. "It is a strict Disney regulation and has to be done 6 days prior to arrival date."

:faint: Is this true? We get to our resort at about 5:30 this evening, is Disney really not going to take our money for the dining plan today?!

TIA

Hi!! We are leaving for the world NOW!! :cool1:

I waited and waited and called Disney to add on DDP and the nice man on the phone said I couldn't do that. "It is a strict Disney regulation and has to be done 6 days prior to arrival date."

:faint: Is this true? We get to our resort at about 5:30 this evening, is Disney really not going to take our money for the dining plan today?!

TIA

The DDP has to be added at least 3 days prior to arrival, so if you are arriving today, it's not possible to get the DDP.

Is it because they believe you wouldn't be able to get ADRs that late? I know they can change your tickets at any time, and they don't print your room keys till you check in, so why can't you add the DP at the last minute? I'm sure they have a good reason, I just can't figure out what it is...

We have all of our ADR's I've just been so busy this last week I haven't been able to call Disney to add on the dining plan. I hope the front desk at our resort can work some magic...

We have all of our ADR's I've just been so busy this last week I haven't been able to call Disney to add on the dining plan. I hope the front desk at our resort can work some magic...

There is no "magic" that the front desk CM can do to get the DDP added to your room at check in. I don't know what the reason is for having to add the DDP so many days prior to arrival, but if it's not done at least 3 days before, it is not possible to get it.

It's Disney policy. The FD can't work magic unfortunately - they don't have the ability to. If you were wavering on the DP all the way up until this point and have your reservations made just pay OOP and know for next time. They're still getting your money either at the restaurant or for the DDP so no, they really won't take your money today for the ddp. It truly is a firm no.

There is no "magic" that the front desk CM can do to get the DDP added to your room at check in. I don't know what the reason is for having to add the DDP so many days prior to arrival, but if it's not done at least 3 days before, it is not possible to get it.

Absolutely 100% correct.

I imagine it has something to do with the actual ticket/dp/room key being made and personalized prior to arrival.

If you are a Florida Resident you can purchase the Tables in Wonderland Card. It is $125 but saves 20% on many restaurants. I am not sure if the $100 for Annual Passholders rate applies if you are an AP and out of state.

JennyL1984 said:
If you are a Florida Resident you can purchase the Tables in Wonderland Card. It is $125 but saves 20% on many restaurants. I am not sure if the $100 for Annual Passholders rate applies if you are an AP and out of state.

We are out of state passholders and got it for $100.

I know the OP is already in the World - but I think it is worth repeating for those just reading this now. You absolutely cannot add the Dining Plan when you check in. Twice I have seen folks at the front desk arguing, pleading and even one poor woman crying - about not being able to add it when you check in. If you want the Dining Plan - Be SURE to add it at least 3 days prior to your arrival. Although after reading the OP's post, I wonder if they changed it to 6 days?

I know the OP is already in the World - but I think it is worth repeating for those just reading this now. You absolutely cannot add the Dining Plan when you check in. Twice I have seen folks at the front desk arguing, pleading and even one poor woman crying - about not being able to add it when you check in. If you want the Dining Plan - Be SURE to add it at least 3 days prior to your arrival. Although after reading the OP's post, I wonder if they changed it to 6 days?

Still 72 hours prior to arrival :)

chocovrdmicears said:

Why would someone cry? You can still buy food!

I've seen it too and was totally baffled by it. It's not like you aren't allowed to eat without the DDP! If you have money to pay at the desk just use it for the food :confused3

I think people just get it in their heads that that is the way their vacation will be. I really don't understand why you would wait until the last minute to book it, if you know you want it. Is there certain reservations that you have to wait until closer to time?

I think people just get it in their heads that that is the way their vacation will be. I really don't understand why you would wait until the last minute to book it, if you know you want it. Is there certain reservations that you have to wait until closer to time?

I think it's likely the way you have to pay. With a package deal, it has to be paid in full by a certain day. With a room only, you can wait til you get there to make the final payment. So you make your room only, then when you're about a week out, you change to a package and payment is due in full on the phone.

I've seen it too and was totally baffled by it. It's not like you aren't allowed to eat without the DDP! If you have money to pay at the desk just use it for the food :confused3

I know the Dining Plan doesn't make a lot of financial sense for a lot of people - but if you have a few kids and are planning a lot of character meals, the Dining Plan can save them a whole lot of $$$.
Our last trip was the first time we had been without a Dining Plan - and the first time I look at the *real* cost of Character Dining meals. :eek:
Certainly you can eat in the Parks without the Dining Plan - but depending on your families plan to dine, the Dining Plan can definately have an impact on where you are going to eat.

I know the Dining Plan doesn't make a lot of financial sense for a lot of people - but if you have a few kids and are planning a lot of character meals, the Dining Plan can save them a whole lot of $$$.
Our last trip was the first time we had been without a Dining Plan - and the first time I look at the *real* cost of Character Dining meals. :eek:
Certainly you can eat in the Parks without the Dining Plan - but depending on your families plan to dine, the Dining Plan can definately have an impact on where you are going to eat.

I'm a dxdp user. Totally understand wanting to save but I still can't understand being brought to tears in public.

Because you can't make changes to a package reservation later than 3 days before arrival (and it's 3 days, not 6). You can always change the amount of days on your tickets by upgrading them when you get there...but you can't do a package add-on for DDP at the desk.

And if you have a room only reservation, you cannot add a dining plan to that reservation unless you make it a package. That means it must be cancelled and rebooked as a package. If you're within 6 days you can't cancel it without giving up your deposit. And you certainly cannot do that at the desk after you have arrived.

With Disney, never wait until the same day to add things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter