Help Continental

salbythec

DIS Veteran
I noticed that my flight price dropped and called to see if I could get a voucher. They said no problem and issued one for 60.00. When I checked my email today, the reissued our tickets with a new date. So now we have to pay the first bag fee, both legs for 2 bags. So the vouchers are eaten up by the baggage fees! I wasn't told that the tickets were being reissued. I called this morning and they said there wasnt anything they could do. Does anyone have any advice??? :confused3

I hate to tell you this, but you're just going to have to pay the fee if you check your bag. You asked them to re-issue your ticket, so the ticket is now officially issued after 10/6/08. :confused3 You have to pay the fee. It's $15 a bag.

The only way I know to get around this without being an Elite (FF status) is to have a Continental Airlines Credit or Debit card. If you hold this card, you get your first bag checked free. (Second bag is still $25.)

Here's Continental's web page explaining the fee structure and exemptions.

Continental Checked Bag Fees

Nope, this is the risk you took on the voucher. It is a re-ticket which makes you subject to the new terms and conditions!

However, the fee is ONE fee regardless of how many "legs". So if CO is $15 then you pay $15 regardless of how many times you change planes to MCO and $15 coming back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter