• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

HELP!!! Camera is GONE!!!

floridafreckles

Earning My Ears
I am making a desperate plea to anyone who was aboard the Disney Dream from Cape Canaveral,FL on Feb.3-7, 2012...I left my small turquoise Canon camera hanging on the hook of the left-hand stall of the women's restroom right outside floor 4 of the Walt Disney Theater after the 6:15 show. This happened on the very last day of our cruise! So that means, ALL of our pictures from the ENTIRE cruise was on that camera! I checked with Guest Services about half a dozen times that last night and again at the Lost and Found desk in the terminal when we returned to Fort Lauderdale. If anyone saw someone take it from that bathroom or if you or a family member took it to Guest Services...I would absolutely cry with happiness for a lead on our missing memories. I have been just sick about this since we got back 4 days ago :headache:
I am having such a hard time understanding who would intentionally take someone's camera full of memories for the mere $70 the camera itself is worth.

I lost my camera in the Walt theatre one time. Someone did turn it in. Here's hoping someone will do the same for you :wizard:

I didn't realize it until I ran into Pluto on Deck 10 while watching my son swim in the Mickey pool with the kids club (4/03 cruise). I said "where's my camera? OMG, where's my camera?" I told his handler I must have left it in the theater. Pluto looked at her and did a "write down" hand signal and she took my stateroom number. I got a call from Guest Services later that someone had turned it in.

I hope the same will happen to you.... :hug:

Thank you PizzieDuster for your kind words. That was so sweet! (hugs back to you):hug:
Also I wanted to update my post...Disney Cruise Line Lost and Found Dept called this morning. THEY FOUND MY CAMERA and are mailing it to me today!!!:yay:
Apparently it was turned in at Vibe. I broke down crying when the woman started describing a picture on the camera of me and my son making goofy faces at the camera!

I tell you what, this has restored my faith in people and reaffirmed my belief in Disney "Magic". :tinker:
Happy Happy Day!
P.S. Thank you to all who took the time to read my post!

Thank you PizzieDuster for your kind words. That was so sweet! (hugs back to you):hug:
Also I wanted to update my post...Disney Cruise Line Lost and Found Dept called this morning. THEY FOUND MY CAMERA and are mailing it to me today!!!:yay:
Apparently it was turned in at Vibe. I broke down crying when the woman started describing a picture on the camera of me and my son making goofy faces at the camera!

I tell you what, this has restored my faith in people and reaffirmed my belief in Disney "Magic". :tinker:
Happy Happy Day!

Awesome...Awesome. There's not a better feeling in the world than when you get back something important to you that you thought was lost forever. :yay:

I got chills reading that Disney found your camera and they are mailing it back to you. :cool1: So wonderful. Amazing at that fast turnaround. Although I am sure you did not think it was fast.

That is what scares me with these new (although not new anymore) cameras. I remember on many years past Disney vacations - using rolls and rolls of 35mm film. I would keep them all in a zip lock bag back at our resort. At least if I had lost my camera, I would only be losing the current roll - all the others were save and sound back in our resort room. I think I might bring my laptop next cruise - it's small and I would have other uses for it also - and download my pictures once or twice.

Linda

Happy Happy Day!
I am SO GLAD DCL found your camera! That is excellent! I know how important photos can be, and it's wonderful when something irreplaceable is returned to you!

Sayhello

I am so glad that you got your camera back! I cannot imagine how horrible it would be to lose all those pictures. This is one of the reasons why I lug my laptop on every vacation. I know it is extra weight, but my pictures are my souvenirs. So every night, I download that day to the laptop. I would be mortified to lose my camera. I know people think I'm crazy for that, but whatever I can do to try not to lose pictures. It's worth it.

So very happy that an honest person found it and turned it in. My heart hurt for you when I read your first post and rejoiced when I read it is being sent to you.

Happy Happy Day!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So happy for you! :banana::banana: :grouphug:

So happy to hear you'll have your camera back, but most importantly your pictures!

I'm so glad you got your camera back. I lost mine at DLR last June and was just heartsick. I didn't even care about the camera, I just wanted the SD card out of it. I went to lost and found and even called them a few times. Finally I wrote it off and figured someone decided my camera was better than theirs. Then in August I get a call from Lost and Found! They had found my camera! They mailed it back to me and I could not have been more happy. I cannot imagine all the cameras they have to go through at a place as big as DL or even WDW. Thankfully the ship is smaller and fewer things to go through so you got yours much sooner. Now, since this experience, I have several SD cards and either download pictures daily or use a new SD each day of our trips so if I loose the camera or the card goes bad for some reason, I don't loose the whole trips pictures.

Happy Happy Day!

If it was turned in at Vibe on the last night it's highly likely a teenager found your camera. Good kid! :thumbsup2

The first time we was in dlp and our first Disney vacation together, we lost the camera in the plane. With all the sd cards in the camera bag. And we got it back

Happy Happy Day!

I am so glad you got it back.

Rule no 1 - first picture you take, make it of a piece of paper with a phone number or email.

I once found an 8gb micro SD card on the floor at a rest stop (on my way to WDW from NJ). But even after a while looking at the pictures, I could not tell any discerning information from it to find an owner.

To OP - glad it was found!

- Now, to take a picture of a piece of paper as I never do it and it will bite me in the behind eventually...

Rule no 1 - first picture you take, make it of a piece of paper with a phone number or email.

I once found an 8gb micro SD card on the floor at a rest stop (on my way to WDW from NJ). But even after a while looking at the pictures, I could not tell any discerning information from it to find an owner.

To OP - glad it was found!

- Now, to take a picture of a piece of paper as I never do it and it will bite me in the behind eventually...

Wow that is a great idea, I will make sure that we do this on our trip. Thank you :)

I am so glad you got your camera back!

I was not so lucky, unfortunately. :sad1: We were on the 1/5/13 sailing aboard the fantasy when my camera was taken (from under my nose, I'm embarrassed to admit) while doing a craft session in LaPiazza. I kept telling mysefl that whoever took it would grow a conscience and turn it in, but no such luck. It had all my WDW and cruise pictures on it.....gone. I too could not believe that someone would be so cruel as to steal my memories. I could care less about the camera, but am devastated at the loss of my memories.

I have learned so many lessons from that one cruel act, that I will NEVER make the same mistake again. I have to say, it has really really lowered my trust and faith in people, and that cruel and selfish people are everywhere.....even on a Disney ship. :sad1:

So glad that you are getting it back! :) Last year on the MV I was getting things signed by the captain in the shop and went over to the counter to put the pictures back in their protective covers so I was out of the way. I needed to pay for one of them and the CM said she could help me on the other side so I picked up the items and paid for it there and she helped me put them all in a bag. It was about an hour later that I realized I didn't have my camera anymore and knew I had left it on the counter. It wasn't there so I filled out a form at GS and was in tears when I went back to our room. There was a message on our phone from a DISer who found the camera and recognized my daughter and I on the recent pictures. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter