Help booking my flight.

The Eighth Dwarf

Mouseketeer
We want to fly Aer Lingus from Dublin next year and have got a really good quote , the only problem is they seem to want all the money in one go, around £2000.
Does anyone know any if this is normal for flights cause we usually just book everything through a travel agents and then pay it off throughout the year, and having 2 grand in one lump will be more difficult.

General rule is you pay upfront for flight only, way we have done it for years.
Usually you pay deposit and pay later thru an agent but then pay more for the privelige.
There are exceptions, do FlyGlobeSpan still only charge a deposit?
Normal way is you want lower prices you pay all upfront.

General rule is you pay upfront for flight only, way we have done it for years.
Usually you pay deposit and pay later thru an agent but then pay more for the privelige.
There are exceptions, do FlyGlobeSpan still only charge a deposit?
Normal way is you want lower prices you pay all upfront.

Same here, I paid my flights for May in a lump sum.

Have you tried any travel agents to see if they offer Aer Lingus flights? That may allow you to pay a deposit. For example, Thomas Cook can book VA/British Airways flights. I'm not 100% sure if they'll allow you to pay a deposit that way but I think it might be possible :confused3

I have only ever paid in full straight away for flights. Never considered there could be a different option.

All scheduled airlines where you book direct are pay in advance.
So, for example, if you book Virgin Atlantic direct you pay there and then, if you book through Virgin holidays you pay later.

Flyglobespan are essentially a charter and you book though thier travel company, so you pay later. Same for thomas cook, First choice etc.

As the airlines are not Travel agents, they don't have the coverage which an agent has, hence if they go bust you can't go through ABTA to get your money back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter