Hello from OK!

Thanks for checking in. Glad you got there safe & sound. You are going to give us a trip report when you get back, aren't you?????

OOOOHHHH, I'm so jealous!! I hope you are having a wonderful time! I'll think of you as I freeze my butt off in KC Saturday night!!;)

Just wanted to bump this thread up to say

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Congrats to my Sooners for putting a butt whipping on Mizzou. Going to Miami!!!! :banana: :banana:

What a great game! I think I'm finally completely thawed!

I really need to turn the tv off of ESPN. Urban Meyer just dissed our boys. Made some sorto fo comment about us having ridiculously high scoring games. I am so sick of all the crap they have to listen too. Last night when we didn't score in the third quarter we weren't playing good according to Musberger & Herbstret (however the heck you spell their names) and probably weren't going to the National Championship. If we don't score big we aren't any good. If we do score big we run up the score. What a load of crap.

I know, ESPN bugs the crap out of me too. Of course, the upside to all of it is that OU seems to play better when they feel they are being discounted and disrespected. Every time they prop us up and say we're unbeatable, we get beat. So, I hope they keep disrespecting us!!!

Yes, I did freeze last night! We started out in the upper deck, 7 rows from the top, and then we found some empty seats lower down, still in the upper deck, but only about 15 rows up. The wind in the upper deck made it much colder, but the view was great, so we stayed. We had a blast!

That is so true. Funny how other teams can't figure out when a team feeds off of the crap they say about them. When we were going to be the #1 team before the Texas game I said I wished they wouldn't be because something always happens. Hopefully we will hand it to Florida good. I think another 60+ point game sounds good!

I would love it if they hung 60 on 'em!

Someone over on the OU Insider site made a good point:

"This team is an OU team not anything like the last 4 OU BCS teams.

This is not an OU team, as of yet, with players worrying about leaving early and if they do, will they show up for the BCS game, type scenerio.

This is not a decent OU team facing a mid major team with everything to win and nothing to lose.

This is not a highly touted OU team that probably listened to the press too much and got rolled by USC.

And last but not least, this is not an OU team that once again listened to all the national pundits expounding their greatness, lost the CCG, their D CO and went into the MNC game with a qb that was beat up and injured.

This is an OU team that I think has the mindset to go out and do the job that awaits them."

I would love it if they hung 60 on 'em!

Someone over on the OU Insider site made a good point:

"This team is an OU team not anything like the last 4 OU BCS teams.

This is not an OU team, as of yet, with players worrying about leaving early and if they do, will they show up for the BCS game, type scenerio.

This is not a decent OU team facing a mid major team with everything to win and nothing to lose.

This is not a highly touted OU team that probably listened to the press too much and got rolled by USC.

And last but not least, this is not an OU team that once again listened to all the national pundits expounding their greatness, lost the CCG, their D CO and went into the MNC game with a qb that was beat up and injured.

This is an OU team that I think has the mindset to go out and do the job that awaits them."

That is a great post.

I wanted to expand a little on what I bolded. I don't want to make excuses for anyone but I know Jason White. I knew Brian Stewart, his best friend. Brian was supposed to be at that game because it was going to be the last game he ever saw but he got very sick before game time. Jason and the rest of the team knew where Brian was supposed to be sitting. They knew when he wasn't there that something was seriously wrong. I hate that it happened but I know their hearts were just not in that game because they "knew". They flew Brian back home so he could say goodbye to his mother and all of us that loved him so much. Even Pete Carrol said that was not the OU team he knew he should have been playing.

Brian is terribly missed here in Tuttle.

Wow. See, now that's a story that I never heard. It was obvious that something was just not right that night, and now I understand a little bit better why. Of course, that wasn't my quote, it was someone else's, but I think a lot of people don't understand where the fire was during that game, and it's nice to know that there was a reason, a very valid reason. It makes the fact very real that those guys out there are just kids and fans need to remember that sometimes.

BTW, since you live in Tuttle, do you know the Phipps'? The wife is a sorority sister of mine, and taught Spanish at either the middle or high school. I think they moved to OKC recently.

Wow. See, now that's a story that I never heard. It was obvious that something was just not right that night, and now I understand a little bit better why. Of course, that wasn't my quote, it was someone else's, but I think a lot of people don't understand where the fire was during that game, and it's nice to know that there was a reason, a very valid reason. It makes the fact very real that those guys out there are just kids and fans need to remember that sometimes.

BTW, since you live in Tuttle, do you know the Phipps'? The wife is a sorority sister of mine, and taught Spanish at either the middle or high school. I think they moved to OKC recently.

It does put things in perspective. The game is how everyone it Tuttle found out as well. Brian was a very special person and he affected that entire team.

My two oldest had Mrs. Phipps. My son had her for Spanish and had a terrible time with it. She did everything she could to help him pass. She is a great person.

Small world, huh? We were very close friends throughout college, but unfortunately we've lost touch in the past few years. I found her on Facebook, and I'm waiting for her to accept my friend request. She is a great person and I enjoyed her friendship.

I think she is still teaching out here. I thought I saw her last week or the week before.

Oh yeah, Tebow is already running his mouth! Surprise, surprise!

Even though I will be cheering for the sooners, they do tend to slip up in the big games. Don't be surprised if FL wins this one. And Tebow seems to be a class act.

Tebow seems to have been a class act through out things. My only concern about his talking was his comment about how he would like to play against the Big 12 defenses because his numbers would be better. I think both sides should keep their mouths shut. No need to give the other bulletin board material.

Tebow seems to have been a class act through out things. My only concern about his talking was his comment about how he would like to play against the Big 12 defenses because his numbers would be better. I think both sides should keep their mouths shut. No need to give the other bulletin board material.

But the fun of it all.:rotfl2:

I just was not impressed with his comments yesterday or his coaches. It is good fuel for our boys fire though. I think (hope) they actually show up to play.

I also lost all respect for them in their Georgia game when they continued to call time outs to rub it in. I realize that Georgia was crappy to them the year before but the better team & coach would have won gracefully.

The other thing that I think was wrong was their game with Citadel and Tebow playing in the 4th quarter when they were already up by more than 50. That is just wrong not to mention not real smart. Kinda silly to risk injury to your QB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter