Hello from a remote outpost in Western Kansas :)

jmebonner

Don't read this.
We're planning a trip to Orlando for May of 2009. Myself, DW, DD (6) and DS (3). Both will be + 1 year at the time of the trip.

We're pretty frugal, so I'm reading all I can about how to save on various sites, but I like this one best so far. ;)
I've already booked off site rooms about 3 miles from Disney for $30 per night and have decided not to go with the park hopper. My main objectives now are to plan for cheap meals and what we'll be doing at the parks.

Wish me luck and bear with me as I will probably ask what seem like dumb questions.

Hi and welcome!!

We went for the first time in 19 years last August, and it was fabulous!!!

One little suggestion: think about reconsidering the park hoppers. We found them to be a huge benefit.

One day we spent the morning at Animal Kingdom. Then the skies opened up. This was no mid afternoon sprinkle-- it was a downpour that lasted the rest of the day and into the evening.

We went back to our rooms, changed, and hopped to Epcot-- it has much more indoor space and was better suited to a rainy day. Then, a few days later, we got back to Animal Kingdom for a few hours before hopping to the Magic Kindgom.

I'm pretty sure that you can add the park hoppers at some point in your trip, should they prove useful. They were for us.

Have a great trip!!

10.gif

welcome to the board. Keep reading and you'll find lots of useful info to make your trip magical.

One tip that we have found handy is to try and pick up "souveniers" before we go and then have them available in our back pack as we leave the park. Check out Target, Disney Store, on-line such as Craigs list, etc. and you can find lots of cheaper souveniers. Then the day that we leave, gkids (4 yrs) get to make one purchase with their money. Consider eating breakfast in the room--can get a styrofoam cooler and keep juice, small cartons of milk for cereal, pop tarts, fruit, etc which will help cut down on your food cost.

Welcome to the DIS! Sending pixie dust your way for all your planning.

I know that you have something booked offsite but it might be worth looking into the stay 4 nights get three free deal that Disney is offering right now. We are using it in a couple of weeks and it works out to only be about $45 to stay right on Disney. Plus, we just had to purchase 4 days of park tickets and got 3 free.

Thanks for the welcomes and the ideas! And hello to my Kansas neighbor - even though you're Grumpy! ;)

HI, were planning a Sept 09 trip and am getting very anxious. We are planning on driving to FL. to cut costs.

In 99 I drove there to start as a CP and drove back stright through alone. So I know what to expect. Well, kinda...diferences this time include 4 kids, so it should be entertainning. I can't help picturing the Griswalds vacation to Wally World!!

grumpy, I'm also north of Wichita - maybe in the same town..go hornets. ;)

Hi, and welcome the the Dis boards. :) Hope you get all the tips and advice you need. I'm also a fellow Kansan. We are in Wichita, hubby is stationed at McConnell AFB. Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter