Heelys on the ship

aaronamy

DVC members since 2002
My son loves his Heely skate shoes, these are the ones with a single wheel in the heal of the skate, he leans back to skate and steps on the front of the shoe when he wants to stop. He can also pop out the wheel. Does anyone know if there are any rules against these shoes?

Yes, common sense ;)

You shouldn't let him skate on the ship. It is just too confined a space, he will surely crash into someone.

I agree with Viking.

Also, your son may not crash into anyone but rather he may strike a stationary object which may, in turn, alter the dear lad's appearance...

I saw several children on deck 9, 10, and 4 with that type of skate/shoe. on the 12/14 Magic. I never saw one crash into anyone, but saw one child almost head down a flight of stairs.
Although it looked like fun when the decks were almost empty, I saw some children who looked out of control and could have hurt someone. Others were quite accomplished. I never saw a CM speak to any of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter