He Was Bitten, Bitten By The Bug! A Nov-Dec '12 TR **WRAP UP 7/26**

How awesome that all your room requests were met! POP looks like so much fun to stay at, my mom stayed at ASM one night and it looked fun! We had one request at OKW and they met it only for me to ask for a GV that would be ready earlier. I felt bad but told the CM he was my hero because I had no idea that my DD1 was going to be up at 6am!

I like the blue & yellow :) I knew something looked different but couldn't figure it out. Can't wait for more updates! You went to MVMCP on Sunday too right?

I was shocked that not only were all my requests met, but that the room was also ready that early! Glad you had a great CM at OKW.

I like the blue & yellow too, I was just a bit surprised to see it! I went to MVMCP 11/29 and Sunday 12/2, yes. :goodvibes

Yay for all your room requests!! Your POP pictures are getting me so excited!!!

You should be excited, POP is a great resort. :goodvibes I really enjoy it there, and since I spend most of my time at the parks anyway I don't mind at all that it doesn't have all the extras of the Mods and Deluxes. Just remember to close the bathroom door and curtain to reduce the noise from the neighbor's bathroom, that is the only issue I ever have. :thumbsup2

Not only did you get all your room requests, but you possibly got them in the best building. So close to Classic Hall!!

Great location! I request my Mogli and Baloo building every time! It's my favorite!!! Pop is my home so I could be happy anywhere but I still make the request.:lovestruc

Hope you don't mind me following along. I followed you from the POP thread. Me and my dd will be staying at POP next month for the first time and your pictures are making me excited.

Not only did you get all your room requests, but you possibly got them in the best building. So close to Classic Hall!!

I know, I was so very happy with my room location!!! I really would have been happy anywhere, even if NONE of my requests were met, but to get them all and in the building closest to Classic Hall was amazing!

Great location! I request my Mogli and Baloo building every time! It's my favorite!!! Pop is my home so I could be happy anywhere but I still make the request.:lovestruc

:welcome: I feel the same way, anywhere would have been fine, but to get that room, in that building was fantastic!

Hope you don't mind me following along. I followed you from the POP thread. Me and my dd will be staying at POP next month for the first time and your pictures are making me excited.

:welcome: I don't mind at all, the more the merrier!!!! You and your DD will LOVE POP Century!!! How old is she? There are tons of fun activities at POP to do when you aren't in the parks, that I'm sure she will love. If you are on the POP thread I'm sure you've seen them, but if not check out the first page of that thread for activities :goodvibes

Great location at POP! Last time I was there we stayed in the 90s building. It wasn't too bad once we figured out to cut through the parking lot to get to Classic Hall. I had no idea on that trip that you could even request a room location. I've learned so much since I found the DIS!

The Christmas decorations at POP are beautiful. I think there were more decorations there then there were at CBR.

I can't believe I didn't notice the new colors on the MK sign. We were at MK the day before you. I'm trying to remember if I even saw the sign. Mom and I tended to gab a lot on the buses and I missed some of those things.

Pictures look amazing as well. Love the pic of Baloo :) Wow he is freakin tall. Your picture makes him look like a big giant dinosaur. That tree in pop looks big too and amazing. Did you think of putting up any cmas decorations in your room at all?

On the table in your room, it looks like a bear or something lol dressed up in santa gear---am I right?

Stephanie, I'm back and caught up. Love the introductions.

I cannot believe the rude behavior of the people sitting next to you and behind you on the plane ride. I would have said something, I'm afraid.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for getting the REAL ME bus, the arrival at POP and getting all of your requests.

Breakfast looks yummy.

I didn't even notice the new colors on the MK sign; we drove through the area once in a cab and it was too early in the morning (we were going to Kona for breakfast) to even pay attention.

I can't wait to hear about which resorts you went to in order to see Christmas decorations.

Great location at POP! Last time I was there we stayed in the 90s building. It wasn't too bad once we figured out to cut through the parking lot to get to Classic Hall. I had no idea on that trip that you could even request a room location. I've learned so much since I found the DIS!

The Christmas decorations at POP are beautiful. I think there were more decorations there then there were at CBR.

I can't believe I didn't notice the new colors on the MK sign. We were at MK the day before you. I'm trying to remember if I even saw the sign. Mom and I tended to gab a lot on the buses and I missed some of those things.

My first ever stay at POP was in 2008, and we (I went with my 2 sisters) were in the 90s. We cut thru the parking lot too :thumbsup2

There were decorations everywhere! I just took pictures of each kind, most of those decorations were up in multiple places. :santa:

I really only noticed the colors changing because we were stopped due to several buses going thru at the same time. The booths were still pink at the time, so I could see the color difference.

Pictures look amazing as well. Love the pic of Baloo :) Wow he is freakin tall. Your picture makes him look like a big giant dinosaur. That tree in pop looks big too and amazing. Did you think of putting up any cmas decorations in your room at all?

On the table in your room, it looks like a bear or something lol dressed up in santa gear---am I right?

He is 4 stories tall, so he is quite big! I thought about putting up room decorations, and even brought them with me, but I never had time to put them up.

That is actually a stuffed Santa, and Tigger. They will make appearances later in my TR ::yes::

Stephanie, I'm back and caught up. Love the introductions.

I cannot believe the rude behavior of the people sitting next to you and behind you on the plane ride. I would have said something, I'm afraid.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for getting the REAL ME bus, the arrival at POP and getting all of your requests.

Breakfast looks yummy.

I didn't even notice the new colors on the MK sign; we drove through the area once in a cab and it was too early in the morning (we were going to Kona for breakfast) to even pay attention.

I can't wait to hear about which resorts you went to in order to see Christmas decorations.

I didn't say something about the rude people around me, but only because the person in front of me did, and they eventually at least started talking quieter, though I could still hear them.

I was so happy to get a REAL DME bus :goodvibes

You weren't the only person to not notice. Like I said above, I might not have noticed if we weren't stopped there for a bit, and the fact that the booths were still pink (though they had been painted when I returned in a few days).

I'll update tomorrow or Friday on the resorts I went to for Christmas decorations. I will say it wasn't all the ones I wanted to, but I enjoyed the ones I did go to!

Hi! I'm joining in!! My parents are hoping to move to the Bradenton/Sarasota area soon! They have a timeshare on Anna Maria Island now! It is such a beautiful place!!

We just got back form our first Disney vacation, so I'm still in the post-Disney depression stage :( I'll be starting my trip report next week, probably. I would LOVE to take a solo trip sometime!! (I like doing things by myself! LOL)

Hi! I'm joining in!! My parents are hoping to move to the Bradenton/Sarasota area soon! They have a timeshare on Anna Maria Island now! It is such a beautiful place!!

We just got back form our first Disney vacation, so I'm still in the post-Disney depression stage :( I'll be starting my trip report next week, probably. I would LOVE to take a solo trip sometime!! (I like doing things by myself! LOL)

:welcome: So glad to have you join in! Anna Maria Island is gorgeous! :cloud9: I'd love to move there but it's a little too expensive on the island, so I'll just have to visit once I move down there!

Let me know once you start your TR and I'll join in! I understand the post-Disney depression, I'm missing it too. :sad1:

Joining in !! 39 days til my first solo trip!! Can't wait to see more :)

Hello all! My Photopass CD came today, so I'm uploading those to Photobucket right now. I need at least one picture off that for my next update, so I'll start on that as soon as they finish uploading and get it posted :goodvibes

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :cool1:

PhoenixStrength said:
Hello all! My Photopass CD came today, so I'm uploading those to Photobucket right now. I need at least one picture off that for my next update, so I'll start on that as soon as they finish uploading and get it posted :goodvibes

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :cool1:

I'm waiting!!!

I'm also waiting for my CD too :D any day now!

DAY ONE, THURSDAY NOVEMBER 29TH, PART THREE

Once the bus made it thru the gates and dropped as off at the MK stop, I headed here:

054.jpg

To resort hop on the Monorail resorts and see the holiday decorations. I had never been in ANY of the Monorail resorts before either, so I was excited to see inside of them.

**Before I post anymore pictures I want to post something I meant to post before I started the TR, after the introduction. I was sick this entire trip with a sinus infection. Not a bad one, but just enough to be annoying and cause me to tire out faster than I normally would. Because of this I didn't get as much done as I normally would on a WDW trip, and I rushed thru some things that I just didn't feel like spending as much time on as I thought I would. I still enjoyed the trip, but I wish I hadn't been sick the whole time!! :headache: **

Back to the TR. When I walked up the ramp to the Resort Monorail it was already there. The driver held it while I got on, then we left and headed to the Contemporary.

057_zps1c64263c.jpg

As we pulled closer I saw the first of their decorations, on the outside of the building.

058_zps13676d7c.jpg

And I got a shot of their Christmas tree that they have in front of the resort.

059_zps1fb855d9.jpg

I took a few pictures of the inside of the Contemporary once I got off.

060_zps704c7471.jpg

061_zpsbdec499f.jpg

062_zpsc1896c26.jpg

Then made my way down to look at their holiday display:

063_zpsaf28a4ca.jpg

064_zps71294e27.jpg

I couldn't believe the ingredients that went into making that tree display!

065_zpsdb0ac05f.jpg

After a few minutes of looking at them, I headed back up to the monorail and we made our way over to the Polynesian (after a quick stop at the TTC).

080.jpg

071.jpg

While the resort itself is gorgeous, I wasn't overly impressed with the holiday decorations. They weren't bad, but nothing too special either.

069.jpg

072.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg

078.jpg

I headed back to the Monorail and off to the Grand Floridian next. On the way to the stop I took a picture of the construction of their new DVC section.

081.jpg

I was soon in the Grand Floridian. It is so elegant and absolutely gorgeous inside, that it is intimidating!! I don't know that I'd ever stay there. If it was a hotel outside WDW I would, but I don't know that I got any Disney feel from it, and I like that when I'm staying at WDW. I got my PP+ card here, then took some pictures of their decorations, tree and gingerbread house.

083.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

093.jpg

087.jpg

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

088.jpg

090.jpg

091.jpg

I got done the Monorail resorts around 12:30pm, then headed here next:

095.jpg

To head to The Wilderness Lodge. I got on the boat at 12:41pm, and arrived at The Wilderness Lodge dock 13 minutes later. A few pictures along the way:

097.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

The Avengers Monorail entering The Contemporary:

104.jpg

And more pictures along the boat ride:

107.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

I walked down the dock and along the walkway to the back entrance to the lobby, taking pictures along the way of course!

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

Once inside I enjoyed the decorations, and gorgeous interior.

116.jpg

118.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

Their HUGE tree!

117.jpg

And a close-up of some of the decorations on the tree.

120.jpg

They had a Photopass photographer taking pictures for you in front of the tree. She took some with my camera, but they turned out horrible (which unfortunately became a theme this trip). But they ones she took of me with her camera turned out nice.

Photo0001FourBySix_zps8c8cd9cc.jpg

Photo0009FourBySix_zps0b80d6e6.jpg

NEXT TIME: MAGIC KINGDOM FUN!

Great updates, Stephanie. I haven't gotten to that part of my TR (well, I've only done the intros thus far :rotfl2:), but I was not impressed at all with the decorations at either the Contemporary or the Polynesian. The Grand Floridian on the otherhand was spectacular. We never made it to WL so I appreciate your pictures of the tree and decorations there.

I'm sorry you felt sick for a good part of your trip...it's never fun to be sick n vacation. :sad1:

Great updates, Stephanie. I haven't gotten to that part of my TR (well, I've only done the intros thus far :rotfl2:), but I was not impressed at all with the decorations at either the Contemporary or the Polynesian. The Grand Floridian on the otherhand was spectacular. We never made it to WL so I appreciate your pictures of the tree and decorations there.

I'm sorry you felt sick for a good part of your trip...it's never fun to be sick n vacation. :sad1:

While I liked the Gingerbread tree at Contemporary, the fact that there was really nothing else decorations wise disappointed me. And I was definitely underwhelmed at Poly too, though the decorations they did have were nice. GF was definitely incredible. WL had some nice decorations, and lots of them like GF did.

I was not happy about being sick, but I was glad that it wasn't too bad and I was still able to go out every day, just at a little slower pace than I normally would. Could have been worse for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter