HDD- How do you get picked??

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
Does anyone know how can I get the CM at the HDD to pick my BIL to be the ballerina guy at the end of the show??

It is totally random. Been going to HDD every year sometimes twice a year since 1995 and still have yet to be picked. Had someone in my party picked as the Can-Can dancer...

Look like you are having the time of your life, even act a little silly :)

Last summer, my son (4 yrs old) was picked to be the sheriff. BUT he was too shy. He looks older then what he actually is, I don't think the lady who picked him thought he was 4. But anyway, he was smiling & having a grand ol' time & really into the show.

So we were oh so close to being in the show. Later on he told me he didn't know what they wanted him to do so he was kind of scared. Which makes sense coming from a 4 yr old.
Oh well, maybe next time ;)

GOOD LUCK getting picked!

Its completely random... my brother was picked to be sherif (4 or 5 yo at the time). We did not bring the camera to the show. Guess who had to go all the way back to the site to get the camera. Luckily we were in the 300 loop so it was not that far.

I don't know how they pick them, but my son was the sheriff many years ago. I never laughed so hard in my life. He is a quiet but self confident kid (still is, 15 years later) and had such total self possession that it was funny. Never cracked a smile - total concentration. It was priceless. We didn't have a camera, and they took a Polaroid for us.

I can tell you what NOT to do to get picked. My brother, who hates crowd participation things, wasn't singing along during one of the songs, and they stopped the music. One of the pretty girls sat on his lap, twirled his hair, and got him to do the "toot toot" part of the song really loudly. We thought it was hysterical - he hated it but was a really good sport about it. All the way back to our car people kept recognizing him and congratulating him.

Good luck - hope he gets picked!

My BIL would be so great for that ballerina part. He's like 6'5" and thin- has a great sense of humor and would really ham it up!

I have also been many many times. Every time I have been, the ballerina guy has seemed to have been an older man with somewhat of a belly. If he has those two things, he has a good chance, but it will depend on your seating too!

Gina::MinnieMo

My 5 year old son was randomly picked to be the sheriff but was too shy at the time...too bad

Every time I have been, the angel has been a slightly older man w/ belly, as princssdisnygina stated.

Good luck & enjoy the show! We love it

Originally posted by karebear1
My BIL would be so great for that ballerina part. He's like 6'5" and thin- has a great sense of humor and would really ham it up!

thin is not in, at least not as the ballerina at the end of HDDR... apparently it's the more "ample" guys that are chosen... my dh was chosen (he's 6'4" and 320 lbs)... remember, that tutu has to fit and it's made for big fellas! also our table was on the "floor" but not center stage or anything...

i also think they select the guys that seem most "reluctant" (just my observation... dh had to be encouraged... and thank goodness for all you can drink beer!)

My niece was picked to be the can-can girl when we went. Had a blast. they randomly walk around and pick. The ballerina at the end was kinda on the heavy side also. My neice wasn't doing anything silly or anything, just eating and talking.

When my twin boys were 6, they were chosen to be dual sheriffs. We were on the floor, close to the front, but not front and center. They hadn't really done anything memorable except cried for another chicken leg. The ballerina was an ample man with not much hair if I remember correctly! It's lots of fun no matter!

Melissa :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter