Have you heard?......renovations on the Magic

legs22

Look for me on the singles thread on the Community
On Saturday, the Disney Magic will start a two-week dry-dock period for upgrades at the Norshipco Shipyard in Norfolk, Va.

During that dry dock, Disney Magic will expand the Vista Spa and Salon. It also will transform three conference rooms on Deck 2 into a children's area called Ocean Quest. Ocean Quest will feature a scaled replica of the ship's bridge, complete with
liquid-crystal display, or LCD, screen "windows" that let children look out over the bridge via live video feed from the actual bridge.

Additionally, Disney Magic guests soon will be able to enjoy poolside movies on a new 24-foot-by-14-foot light-emitting diode, or LED, screen on Deck 9.

Aboard the Disney Magic -- as with other cruise ships -- use of the spa facilities is a separate cost. Disney Cruise Line officials said there was no price determined yet for the additional cost of the spa-treatment center.

The fitness center -- which includes treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes, machine weights and free weights -- also will be renovated and is expected to be about double the size of the current fitness center. Use of the fitness center is free of additional charges.

"We use dry dock to further enhance the guest experience," said Jason Laseckia Disney Cruise Line spokesman. "This time, we're adding something new for the adults, with spa villa; something new for children, with Ocean Quest; and something new for the family, with the LED screen."

Disney would not disclose the cost of the Magic's renovations.

:banana:
Great news, this is my first cruise and it will be on the Magic! Can't wait!! :p

C230K said:
When is the Wonder due for these upgrades?
the Wonder won't drydock until 2006 but there's no saying they'll get the same upgrades at that time

We just returned from the Magic today. They have already started working on the fitness center. Some areas of it were closed during our cruise. It looked like an overhaul was being done.

As we were leaving, they had stacks of carpet in rolls everywhere. It looks like the whole place is getting carpeted.

The elevators had plywood nailed to the walls. I guess this was so they wouldn't damage the elevators when all the construction work was happening.

We are booked on the Magic next March. I can't wait to see the changes. I wonder if they'll incorporate the big screen into the pirate show somehow?

We're lucky enough to be on the February 4, 2006 sailing to the Eastern Caribbean where they will play the Super Bowl on our second day at sea. I sure hope we'll be able to watch the game on the new, big screen!

Mark

02-04-2006_Eastern+Cruise+on+the+Magic_205-92-92.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter