• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still haven’t gotten my period since before my first Pfizer vaccine. Normally my schedule is 26 days, max. Going on 35 now.
I don't have regular periods anymore. So I don't know if I can blame in on the vaccine but I am having my first period in 9 weeks. It started 3 days after my second dose.

Still haven’t gotten my period since before my first Pfizer vaccine. Normally my schedule is 26 days, max. Going on 35 now.
We already know that there is some correlation between menstrual cycles and the vaccine, but it's also important to remember that stress can also really mess with it. Based on the level of anxiety you expressed, I wouldn't be shocked if it's also contributing to it. I hope it regulates itself again soon.

Over 50, got both Moderna shots (second was April 26th). My experience was:

1st shot, severe arm/neck pain for about three days afterward, no fever/chills/etc.

2nd shot, about 4 hours afterward started to get fever and got very tired. Slept from around 7 pm on the 26th until 5 am on the 27th. Totally missed an entire day! After I woke up I was totally fine except for a small amount of pain around the injection site.

OTOH, my husband got both his at the same time and he had almost the same pain as I did with first shot but nothing, not even at the injection site, with the 2nd.

It might be worth noting that I am a tiny (5'1, 103lbs) female and he's 6', 250lbs. Maybe the smaller you are the more it knocks you out? :D

We already know that there is some correlation between menstrual cycles and the vaccine, but it's also important to remember that stress can also really mess with it. Based on the level of anxiety you expressed, I wouldn't be shocked if it's also contributing to it. I hope it regulates itself again soon.

Yes, I wouldn’t be surprised if my anxiety is a contributory factor. I’m not worried about it except for the fact that I can tend to have heavy bleeding/clots, and that has been more likely after skipping a period on purpose using BC in the past.

Yes, I wouldn’t be surprised if my anxiety is a contributory factor. I’m not worried about it except for the fact that I can tend to have heavy bleeding/clots, and that has been more likely after skipping a period on purpose using BC in the past.
I feel you on that! Age was not kind on my cycles and I had to go back on bcp because of it. Thankfully, it’s actually stopped mine all together, which has been wonderful.

I feel you on that! Age was not kind on my cycles and I had to go back on bcp because of it. Thankfully, it’s actually stopped mine all together, which has been wonderful.

Yeah, I was on BC primarily to regulate and sometimes stop it for about 6 months a year or so ago but then my PCP was treating my migraines and was concerned about the chance of stroke, so she had me stop. Coming up on the big 5-0 and so I’m guessing they will be petering out sooner rather than later!

Over 50, got both Moderna shots (second was April 26th). My experience was:

1st shot, severe arm/neck pain for about three days afterward, no fever/chills/etc.

2nd shot, about 4 hours afterward started to get fever and got very tired. Slept from around 7 pm on the 26th until 5 am on the 27th. Totally missed an entire day! After I woke up I was totally fine except for a small amount of pain around the injection site.

OTOH, my husband got both his at the same time and he had almost the same pain as I did with first shot but nothing, not even at the injection site, with the 2nd.

It might be worth noting that I am a tiny (5'1, 103lbs) female and he's 6', 250lbs. Maybe the smaller you are the more it knocks you out? :D

I’m bigger than you, but considered small by most standards (5’3 and 118 lbs). I didn’t have noticeable side effects besides a sore arm after both and some slight fatigue after the 2nd one.

I’m not sure that size of a person has been correlated to side effect severity.

I’m bigger than you, but considered small by most standards (5’3 and 118 lbs). I didn’t have noticeable side effects besides a sore arm after both and some slight fatigue after the 2nd one.

I’m not sure that size of a person has been correlated to side effect severity.

I don't think there are any formal studies on it. It wouldn't have mattered as we all wanted to be fully vaccinated, I just thought it was interesting that out of all of my friends the husbands had worse after symptoms than the wives but it was a complete opposite in our house with me getting the worst. My son gets his 2nd next week so we'll see how that goes.

True. Also, just random thoughts but since a vaccine actually causes an immune response, technically your body is probably under "stress" (immune system responding) even if you don't feel stressed yourself.

Have to add that I'm definitely not trying to shrug it off; if a person wants to talk to a health professional or report their experience that makes sense. Just putting out another opinion of why it might be happening :)

Last edited:
I don't think there are any formal studies on it. It wouldn't have mattered as we all wanted to be fully vaccinated, I just thought it was interesting that out of all of my friends the husbands had worse after symptoms than the wives but it was a complete opposite in our house with me getting the worst. My son gets his 2nd next week so we'll see how that goes.
My sister-in-law is a few inches taller than me (I'm 5 3) but she's quite a bit thinner than me. I got wiped out from the second dose and she had just a sore arm. My mom is 62 and a bit less in weight than me but we have the exact same body type (for reals) other than she's lost a tiny bit of height in the last few years (we used to be the same height) and she got a small fever a sore arm really minor stuff in comparison to me.

My cousin is 3 years older than me and he got more of what I had for the 2nd dose though not quite as bad. He did have it more than my husband. My husband is over 6 ft 5 but quite skinny for his height and he had a bit of stuff but not quite as bad as me. He didn't have the nausea though I heard my cousin he did.

In terms of side effects I don't really think the size of the adult has much to do with it though I can understand why you might have thought about that given your circle of friends. Other things like age, gender (for the most part), immune system health, underlying other factors, etc all seem to account for way more. And then there's truly that our bodies can just be weird sometimes ya know? :laughing:

So many people are getting the vaccine, how can any side effect be attributed to it? We would need an actual long term study, with a placebo group that is not vaccinated -- at all. We no longer have a placebo group that is being monitored.
Given this, I don't think anything other than a sore arm and headache within a few days can really be proven to be caused by the vaccine.

So many people are getting the vaccine, how can any side effect be attributed to it? We would need an actual long term study, with a placebo group that is not vaccinated -- at all. We no longer have a placebo group that is being monitored.
Given this, I don't think anything other than a sore arm and headache within a few days can really be proven to be caused by the vaccine.
Well, it's why most of us are using the word correlation and not using causation. But many side effects can be attributed to it because it's how an immune response works in the body. The swollen lymph nodes are not a surprise and can be easily traced back to the vaccine because of how they work. What's happening now with reactions is that a mass group is getting them all about the same time, so it's being discussed more. Lethargy, fever, swelling, nausea are side effects of many vaccines - if we all got Dtap/Tdap at the same time, you'd see similar conversations around that one.

I am 24 hours out from #2 Moderna shot. I was fine yesterday other than a bit of soreness in my arm. I slept poorly last night.
I woke up this am with alot more soreness and swelling in my arm so I took 1000mg tylenol.
I just feel unwell. Not horrible , just crummy. I have a 100F temp simmering so I upped my fluid intake. I'm just hanging out on the couch.
Glad Im off work for a couple days. :surfweb:

ETA my temp is up to 102.1. Time for some advil.

Last edited:
Just popping in to say that I’m fully vaccinated as of today (2 weeks out from my 2nd dose). This is the day I’ve waited for, and I’m so, so thankful to the people who made this happen and grateful I live somewhere that I have access to the vaccines. I don’t take it for granted.

My 22-year old son had his second Moderna shot on Monday. He said that his arm really hurt Monday and Tuesday but hasn’t mentioned it today. He also was really tired Tuesday but that could be because he’s college student in finals week or because he didn’t sleep well due to arm pain.

I got my Tdap on Monday. My arm is still sore, swollen, bruised. I’d say the pain is slightly less intense than the pain I had with the Pfizer jabs, but it’s longer lasting with more swelling/bruising.

DD got her second Moderna a little while ago. She said it "stung" more than the first one. I had the same feeling after my second Pfizer. Weird because the injection and formula are the same so why did it "feel" worse the second time?

DD got her second Moderna a little while ago. She said it "stung" more than the first one. I had the same feeling after my second Pfizer. Weird because the injection and formula are the same so why did it "feel" worse the second time?
My husband’s first stung, and his second didn’t. I was like you. I didn’t feel the first dose, but the second stung. We were wondering if it had anything to do with the temperature of the dose. We were in the trials, and the trial vials held two doses. The first dose, he went first, and the second dose I went first. So, we wondered if the shot had a little more time to warm. Or maybe it’s just where/how the needle went in.

Last edited:
I didn’t feel my first (Pfizer) hardly at all but the second hurt really bad. Oddly my arm was less sore the second dose and for a much shorter time.

I had #2 Moderna shot Monday. This morning I feel pretty well back to normal after running a temp all day yesterday. My arm is still pretty swollen, red, and warm where the injection was given. It doesnt really bother me so though. My delt just looks like I work out. Too bad the other deltoid doesnt look as good! :hippie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter