Have you ever run into anyone from your town at Disney?

I ran into my Dad and my Stepmother at DL. We were at a early morning character breakfast in Tomorrowland and I feel this yanking on my shirt, Auntie, Auntie....I'm think..wth??

I look down it's my step sisters son and my dad and his "new" family is there. We had no idea either one of were going to be there. As you can probably tell we are not especially close so it was a little awkward, but it was still kind of funny! :rotfl:

This year we ran into my neighbor's daughter and son at MK. I knew they were going to be there at the same time but figured I wouldn't see them in that big of a place. But we did!

When we went in November 08 we knew there were at least 2 other families form our very small town going the same week we were (it was fall break) and while in line for the Pooh ride during EMH's we ran into one of those families. We were in line and while going around one of the turns, the other family was in farther back in line than us but we lined up in two of the rows so we could chat. It was a long shot but really cool we ran into them. Their oldest son is in class with my dd and their youngest daughter is in class with my youngest son.

Yes, well not actually in Disney at the airport when we were leaving. My neighboors and they were on the same flight as us 2 row up. Too bad we hadn't known the were going we could have gotten the kids together at one of the parks.
Laurie

I am a teacher and we ran into one of my students and her family at the Animal Kingdom! It was so surprising, but we were so happy to see each other. I took a picture, and she loves seeing it on our class website.

Yes. Once when my husband and I went to WDW with his parents I saw my high school track coach with his family.

We ran into a guy my dad works with and his family one time, and another time we ran into his Barber! They were at the same hotel (CBR) and we saw them frequently during the week.

Fun thread to read through! Just this last March, we were taking our time moving through the gardens at United Kingdom~~one of our favorite places for R&R, and ran into a couple we knew from many years ago when our sons were friends.

We ran into my husband's cousin once in Epcot. She lives in a different state and we had no idea she was going to be there at the same time.

About 10 years ago my wife and I were sitting on a boat going back from MK to GF and my cousin and his wife sat behind us. We didn't know each other were going to be at WDW (let alone the same hotel). Sad part is it was thier last day and they were heading home. Strange part is our wives recongnized each other (they had only met 2 other times before), before we recognized each other.

Last trip, my DD ran into her classmate while waiting for the fastpass time at Splash Mountain. we didn't even know that she was going to Florida, let alone at the same ride at the same time!:)

On our last trip we were chatting with another guest on the boat from DHS to the Boardwalk. We told him where we were from, and the people in the seats in front us turned around and said "we are too!" :earsboy:

I was in line for the Primeval Whirl and I saw one of my good friends getting off the ride!
I go to school with her and had no idea we would be there at the same time!

Yes - We were in the MK . My father was there with my brothers family. My father calls me and says he saw one my friends from back home (NY). I thought nothing of it. Later that day we met up with our friends in the park. We had NO idea they were going and they had no idea we were gong there either. This couple was in our wedding party years back so that is how close we are. We spent the rest of the day in the MK together and said we would get some dinner afterwards. We asked each other where were staying and guess what. SAME Hotel and "2" doors down the hall. Now if that is not "It's a small world" then I do not know what is.

We ran into my kids' orthodontist at DHS. Another year we ran into my son's best friend also at DHS. We ended up spending part of the day together. Not at Disney but at Universal we ran into our elementary school principal.

Last December my aunt and uncle were with us (both 70-ish and lived their whole lives in MA) A guy in his 30s came up to my aunt in EP... she was his music teacher back in middle school and also had his parents in school! :goodvibes

I ran into a coworker who I didn't know was there on the bridge leading to Tomorrowland in Aprill 99.

We were on our first Anniversary trip to Disney, got on a crowded Friendship Taxi in Epcot....I sat down by this girl and started being friendly---Where are you from?

Turns out this girl was a close friend of my new DH's EX, and had been in their house to visit!

Couldn't even escape his past at my safe haven! (I had just moved to his town/state 2 weeks before our Wedding)

Only Icky IASW I've ever encountered!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter